Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#101 2016-07-07 17:57:32

ylvs
Mantis

Re: ylV's Vegan Veranda

Chick pea.

Well that typo was to be expected today ...

#102 2016-07-07 22:07:20

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Great, the chickens escaped from the Mint!

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#103 2017-04-29 11:10:40

ylvs
Mantis

I just stood in the kitchen and chopped away for two hours straight to prepare for my family a chickpea tomato curry and a cucumber koriander cashew salad. I even made the Garam Marsala from scratch. If they do not appreciate this I'll watch Guardians of the Galaxy all by myself afterwards.

#104 2017-04-29 12:08:43

Maladroit
Pilgrim

mmmmmm garam marsala. also: cashews!

I appreciate your meal!

#105 2017-10-31 01:35:38

ylvs
Mantis

Lily posted this elaborate thesis on healthy and yummy food in the Mint the other day which made me think I should share the healthy and yummy green smoothie I now often have for breakfast or lunch:

- 250ml whatever plant milk - I like rice best (and of course you can use real milk as well)
- a handful of Bircher Müsli
- a banana
- 70 g frozen kale
- 4 dates
- 1/2 a handful of cashews
- a thumb big piece of ginger
- a teaspoon linseed

But in the blender and mix for a minute. Awesome. Does not sound yummy but is!

If you have fresh kale throw in a few ice cubes, this has to be cold to taste well.

Board footer