Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#601 2017-09-19 13:07:41

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

Re: QM- Totality

Hi ylvs!

#602 2017-09-19 13:09:36

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

*adds more hugs for Merenwen* worrying over a pet is bad enough as it is. We are more than happy to give you any emotional support possible - even if it is only virtually.

Ad1tu, this sounds like great news. Reorganisations are normally a mess, but this sounds like a great chance. I hope it will turn out in the way you want it to *keeps fingers crossed*

Magpie, this really seems like an afternoon off is due! 'Me-time is important'!

Tomorrow will be stressfull (next to work there will be an appointment with my radiologist and another round of physical therapy) and my headache doesn't want to go away. I guess I will go to bed now ...

#603 2017-09-19 13:12:01

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

*hugs Kia*

#604 2017-09-19 15:02:11

Maladroit
Pilgrim

*hugs all around*

*hugs for pets*

*hugs for work stress*

*hugs for home stress*

*moar hugs, just because*

#605 2017-09-19 22:40:56

Magpie
Mantis
Website

ylvs wrote:

Magpie, you might want to consider letting LG to go to Munich on his own? Oktoberfest is definetly not your cup of trea and even in a loving and caring relationship the partners must be allowed to do things on their own or not do things if it is suppposed to work ... you really sound as if you need time for yourself!

If it was just Oktoberfest, then yes. But his sister has been asking us to come visit her since before Christmas, and this is one of the rare weekends when she doesn't have to work, isn't coming back to Austria to visit their parents, and we don't have other plans.

If I hate it, I'll run away and hide in the botanical garden.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#606 2017-09-19 23:18:27

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Good to know you have a backup plan! :)

I'm goin in to work an hour late, because I'm going out to dinner with friends tonight. So I stayed in bed after my alarm went off for 20 minutes and am now couch potatoing until it's time to leave.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#607 2017-09-19 23:55:10

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Well, more an idea than a plan, so far. Still need to find out where the Oktoberfest and the botanical garden are, and how to get from one to the other.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#608 2017-09-20 00:58:49

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Ugh, still so tired.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#609 2017-09-20 02:10:27

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Next week I'll be bringing my fingerless mittens to the office! *has cold fingers* I could of course do so tomorrow, but then I'll just have to take them home again, as we move office on Friday.

Scrollbearer

#610 2017-09-20 03:10:27

Sahi
Mantis
Website

And now most of my stuff at the office is in a box. Said box is still open, so I could theoretically still access it (if it weren't for the pile of books on top of it.) Tomorrow afternoon my keyboard etc. are going to join the box too.

Scrollbearer

#611 2017-09-20 03:22:34

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*lights up the room*

Scrollbearer

Board footer