Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#376 2017-09-09 13:30:12

Tad
Hierarch
Website

Re: The Last King of Osten Ard Progress Report

I will say that I'm pleased with EoG at this stage.  Needs a lot of polishing, but there sure is a lot of stuff going on.  Should keep you smart readers busy for a while.

"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours."

-- Dylan

#377 2017-09-09 15:20:00

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Considering The Witchwood Crown kept me busy enough...

*visualises Tad washing his hands with an evil cackle*

Wouldn't the plural form of Olaf be Olaves? ;) - Firsfron of Ronchester

#378 2017-09-10 13:57:35

Tad
Hierarch
Website

An evil cackle accompanies most of my actions, from feeding the dogs to dropping the kids off at school.  When I get to do true evil, it's the cacklingest cackle of all.

-- Dylan

#379 2017-09-10 17:17:16

ajl3
Pilgrim

Tad wrote:

I will say that I'm pleased with EoG at this stage.  Needs a lot of polishing, but there sure is a lot of stuff going on.  Should keep you smart readers busy for a while.

But what about us dumb ones?

#380 2017-09-11 10:07:24

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

ajl3 wrote:

Tad wrote:

But what about us dumb ones?

And what about those of us who keep coming up with crackpot theories, like "Father Strangyeard is Jarnulf's father" or "Camaris and Utuk'ku are long-lost siblings"?

(Okay, that last one hadn't been proposed yet, but it was just a matter of time, people).

Tad, this is exciting news!

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#381 2017-09-15 11:47:39

Tad
Hierarch
Website

I figure another week or two to finish the rough first draft, then another month to polish.

That will be slightly inhibited by traveling in Europe.  But shouldn't be too much longer.

-- Dylan

#382 2017-09-16 02:49:34

ajl3
Pilgrim

Tad wrote:

I figure another week or two to finish the rough first draft, then another month to polish.

That will be slightly inhibited by traveling in Europe.  But shouldn't be too much longer.

Congrats on seeing the end in sight and I, like most on the board, can't wait for EoG!

Board footer