Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-27 14:28:40

ylvs
Mantis

Name that Dragon.

Sounds like a good idea.

*runs out to register*

#2 2017-08-27 14:49:31

Aan`allein
Hierarch
Website

Re: Name that Dragon.

FWIW, for the second year in a row (and thus for all years of its existence), the list of nominees for the Dragon awards is heavily skewed by the puppies, who - having failed to gain any traction at the Hugos - found the Dragons a much easier target.

There's certainly worthwhile nominees on the list, but it's worth keeping the slating in mind when looking at it all. (For some idea of how out of whack things are, I found this look of the total number of reviews at various platforms for each of the nominees to be enlightening. See if purely based on those numbers you can guess which of those works were slated by the puppies?

Mozilla developer comment of the however long it'll be this time:
<Mossop> run for the hills!
<Boriss> i can't, i'm at a local maximum!

Just Imagine...

#3 2017-08-27 20:27:53

Maladroit
Pilgrim

Re: Name that Dragon.

Thanks for the info y'all!

Am now registered. Waiting on ballot!!

Board footer