Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-11-26 18:56:52

Auros
Pilgrim
Website

Re: New Dr. Who

Oh, I intend to keep watching...  I'm just sad about the events of the episode.  It actually was a well-written / well-performed ep.

Last edited by Auros (2015-11-26 18:57:07)

Irreverent Father Auros, High Priest of the Church of Erotic Pantheism
the Aurosphere -- Me, myself, and I.
Strange Horizons -- Your weekly source for speculative fiction.
The Resistance wants YOU to defend humanity from Alien Mind Control!

#52 2017-07-16 16:10:51

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

The Thirteenth Doctor has been announced! (Spoilers at link).

About time, I say! And apparently it's a whole new production team, too, which is good, since I couldn't watch during the awful Capaldi years.

(I also wonder what this will mean for the "Valeyard" thing back in Season 23).

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#53 2017-07-16 17:10:39

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

I shall reserve judgment until several episodes have been watched and I can voice an informed opinion. I detested Capaldi. I loathed Clara. The only episodes even remotely interesting were the ones including Missy and the ones including Bill. I find it interesting they've done away with Missy and are bringing back the Master. I do wonder what is going to be done about a companion.

"The evil done by men of goodwill is the worst of all." Iain Pears, The Dream of Scipio

"Where all think alike, no one thinks very much." Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

So, I've got a blog . . . Now what? | A Stitch in Time | The Name Nook

#54 2017-07-16 17:15:52

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Seitherin wrote:

I shall reserve judgment until several episodes have been watched and I can voice an informed opinion. I detested Capaldi. I loathed Clara. The only episodes even remotely interesting were the ones including Missy and the ones including Bill. I find it interesting they've done away with Missy and are bringing back the Master. I do wonder what is going to be done about a companion.

I, too, am reserving judgement until I can watch a few episodes. But at least I can watch episodes again!

It'll be interesting, as you say, to see where they go with a companion or companions.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#55 2017-07-16 17:30:54

Miiru
Pilgrim
Website

I was SO disappointed with the Capaldi seasons. I actually haven't even watched this last season yet. I think the showrunners did him a disservice- he could have been an amazing Doctor. More than Capaldi leaving, I am supremely grateful that Moffat is leaving, and handing it over to someone I respect a great deal (I LOVED Broadchurch).

And I'm thrilled to get a woman Doctor (still not ginger!).

Ted Kennedy in a speedo is just another sign of the coming apocalypse.
-wiked
"He who smelteth it delteth it O LORD."
-bandit

#56 2017-07-16 19:30:49

Maladroit
Pilgrim

Miiru wrote:

More than Capaldi leaving, I am supremely grateful that Moffat is leaving...

This. So much this.

Miiru wrote:

And I'm thrilled to get a woman Doctor (still not ginger!).

<-<-<- That's what *I* said!!

Can't say I've watched any of the new (since 2010) consistently, but I really, really liked Missy.

Clara: [looking into hole] I wonder how deep it is?

Missy: [pushes Clara into hole]

*thump*

Missy: About 10 feet.

#57 2017-07-16 20:55:52

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Oh, guys. I'm so glad I'm not alone in hating these last few seasons. I felt terrible hating a show I've loved since 1985.

#58 2017-07-16 21:21:22

Miiru
Pilgrim
Website

Maladroit wrote:

Clara: [looking into hole] I wonder how deep it is?

Missy: [pushes Clara into hole]

*thump*

Missy: About 10 feet.

Buaaaaahaha I ADORE Missy. xD For exactly this sort of thing.

-wiked
-bandit

#59 2017-07-16 21:22:40

Miiru
Pilgrim
Website

Firsfron of Ronchester wrote:

Oh, guys. I'm so glad I'm not alone in hating these last few seasons. I felt terrible hating a show I've loved since 1985.

Don't. You're not alone. There's a support group. We have cookies.

-wiked
-bandit

#60 2017-07-16 22:16:40

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Cookies? *perks*

Board footer