Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-29 15:34:28

sufo52
Pilgrim

Shadow march

I have just read all four books in the Shadowmarch series and I feel a little bereft. The ending wasn't really the ending, it left me wanting to know what happened to pretty much all of the characters. There was no closure. I guess I just like happy endings, although any ending would have been welcome, it just left me feeling bereft.

#2 2017-05-29 16:23:23

Blue&Green
Pilgrim

Re: Shadow march

I thought the ending was actually more satisfying than say MSTs ending. I remember thinking Tad got better at endings after I read it. What specifically did you want more closure on?

#3 2017-05-29 21:33:38

Auros
Pilgrim
Website

Re: Shadow march

Huh, I loved the ending of S'march.  And having JUST finished MST, I think I agree that it's better than MST (and I quite liked MST).  It's open to more story coming after, especially with Barrick going off to embrace his Qar heritage, but the general arc of the current story is wrapped up pretty well.  Apocalypse at hands of trickster god averted.

Irreverent Father Auros, High Priest of the Church of Erotic Pantheism
the Aurosphere -- Me, myself, and I.
Strange Horizons -- Your weekly source for speculative fiction.
The Resistance wants YOU to defend humanity from Alien Mind Control!

Board footer