Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#476 2008-08-18 11:32:59

Rook
Mantis
Website

Re: Renfield's Game Lab

Rented out Madden 09 All-Play for the Wii this weekend.  Ummmm....  what the hell?  OK, I don't mind cutesy stuff, as long as it's limited to Nintendo products.  But in Madden, it's pretty off-putting.  Mii Madden, Mii referees, and the friggin' Wii movements for the Speed-Racer style victory dance all are very, very wrong.  When I play Madden, I want to feel that I'm actually at a football game, you know?  The last copy of Madden I owned was Madden 07 for the PS2, and that was, more or less, my gold standard for how it's supposed to be done.  Yes, even the fans with the body paint.  There's nothing more satisfying than watching a bunch of die-hards sulk off the stands because the game's a lost cause.

More successful, though, was the Super Mario Galaxy rental.  Good Lord, this is a fun game.  FUN FUN FUN.  Thanks to who recommended this to me as a fun two-player game.  It totally is.  My girlfriend didn't expect to be sucked into it (she's not a gamer and just wanted to watch), but when I handed her the second controller, it wasn't long before she was saying: "One more level.  I want more star bits."  After about five hours, she was giving me a hard time for failing to pick up the 1-up perched atop a rock formation in the Beach Level.  I'm definitely going to have to head out to a Best Buy later to buy this durn thing.

“The past,” they say, “is now truly like a foreign country. They do things exactly the same there.” --- Douglas Adams

Rooktopia! (Personal)

#477 2008-09-10 13:31:35

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Portal... O.o the companion cube is talking to me... >.>

:P

the cake is a lie!

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#478 2014-04-16 10:29:22

Ren
Pilgrim

*wanders in, sneezes*
Boy this place is dusty....
*breaks out gas mask, googles, gloves and clean-suit*
*finds heavy-diuty shop-vac, fires it up after several kicks*
*cleans with abandon*
...several long hours later the Lab is clean and sparkling once again...
*upgrades machines to cutting edge*

There...back in business!
*puts up OPEN Sign*

NOW PLAYING:
Borderlands; Game of the Year
Borderlands 2; Game of the Year and all Add-ons
Fallout: New Vegas (Modded like mad!)

"Brain makes my math hurt"
- me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal"
- me

#479 2014-04-16 11:39:40

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*pokes in*

Most of the recent game related discussion has been here:
http://www.tadwilliams.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11340

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#480 2014-04-16 12:25:06

Ren
Pilgrim

But, but....I cleaned and everything...8(

"Brain makes my math hurt"
- me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal"
- me

#481 2014-04-16 12:32:03

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*throws Floppy Disks at Renfield*

Just talking about where most of the recent game stuff is :D

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#482 2014-04-17 10:36:00

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*joins in the games and gets completely fragged like the noon she is*

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#483 2014-04-17 10:41:42

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

That's a rather funny typo, Sahi :D

Board footer