Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-21 23:38:55

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

The Diary of a Dragon

I just received my copy of "The Diary of a Dragon" in the mail over the weekend. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it looks droll. The cover is quite beautiful, although the price point seems a bit high: $15.00 for a 60-page story. Still, I couldn't resist getting this book, since I'd like to have a complete collection.

My copy was #265 of the 750 limited edition copies, and I had pre-ordered, so it appears they will soon sell out. If you haven't ordered a copy yet, you probably should. They won't last long.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#2 2013-04-22 03:04:46

ylvs
Mantis

Re: The Diary of a Dragon

Cyan did - for us both.

To meet an old friend is like the finding of a welcoming campfire in the dark. Qanuc saying
Scrollbearer
Titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Arsonist of the probably most spectacular Mint burning ever

#3 2013-04-22 10:46:15

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Have pre-ordered, of course. But my copy has not yet arrived. But I only ordered via amazon, because ordering directly via Subterranean Press is always such a hassle with customs.

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#4 2013-04-22 16:53:38

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

I also ordered it through Amazon, and just got it on Saturday. It ships from the US, so if you pre-ordered it, I wouldn't expect it to arrive in Germany just yet.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#5 2013-04-22 18:58:47

cyan
Mantis

I ordered ours direct from Subterranean Press and got email from them on Friday saying it's been shipped.

"Never underestimate the power and accuracy of a chicken-chucking trebuchet." ~ Tad

Scrollbearer
Proud Member of the Log Brigade

#6 2013-04-23 00:11:52

Olaf
Mantis
Website

I also ordered a second copy via thebookdepository, so one of these copies should show up soon.

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#7 2013-04-23 23:52:26

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Just got an email from Amazon. My copy should be here in two or three days. Hurraaaahhh!

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#8 2013-04-24 01:52:02

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

I read this book tonight, which is beautifully illustrated throughout. It's quite a nice story, and I very much enjoyed it. I won't give any spoilers. William Eakin did an awesome job with the illustrations; my favorite is the cover itself.

#9 2013-04-27 05:11:40

Olaf
Mantis
Website

My first copy arrived today. It´s #340 of 750.
Looks gorgeous!

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#10 2013-04-27 10:23:23

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Yay!

...And what did you think of the story?

#11 2013-04-27 13:37:25

Olaf
Mantis
Website

My second copy arrived as well and it is #310.

The story itself is funny and clever, and while it is a quick read (it really is only a short story), the illustrations by Williams Eakin enhance it beautifully. A wonderful giftbook, and a sweet little story.

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#12 2013-04-28 08:28:24

strangeshe
Hierarch

They really are going quick! I received my copy just a couple of days after release (#13) -- and based on the numbers, sounds like they're almost half gone in a matter of a couple of weeks. Cool.

It is a beautiful little book.

#13 2013-04-28 10:54:56

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Reviews on Amazon are really good, too! 4.4 out of 5 stars.

Board footer