Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-09 23:47:46

Blue&Green
Pilgrim

Shadowheart Mass-Market Paperback (format A)?

Hello, everyone. So I decided to finally buy the Shadowmarch series, only it appears that the last book isn't available in Mass-Market Paperback yet -- only in Format C, which is trade. Or am I wrong here? I'll admit I could be but I've searched all over now and didn't find it anywhere I've looked.

It's sort of weird because it's been two (or more?) years since the book came out, so I would've thought that they'd had it in Mass Market by now (most take a year and a few months). If this is the case, anyone know when it will be available in Format A?

Only reason I ask is because I really hate to have three in Format A and then one in C. I'd settle for Format B even but it doesn't appear it's out in that either.

#2 2012-10-10 12:09:40

Aan`allein
Hierarch
Website

Re: Shadowheart Mass-Market Paperback (format A)?

Amazon says it'll be released next month, November 6th. Don't know why they waited so long - might be random, might be marketing; I've seen other instances of the final volume of a series taking longer than usual to be published in paperback.

Mozilla developer comment of the however long it'll be this time:
<Mossop> run for the hills!
<Boriss> i can't, i'm at a local maximum!

Just Imagine...

#3 2012-10-18 22:24:31

Blue&Green
Pilgrim

Ah, thanks. Did not see that.

A months wait ain't so bad.

#4 2012-10-18 23:39:21

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Well, it follows the pattern set by the other books.

A year after hardcover publication, Daw publishes the large format trade paperback, a year after that follows the small format mass-market paperback. For SHADOWHEART this means Nov. 2010 (hc), Nov. 2011 (trade paperback) and Nov. 2012 (mass-market).

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#5 2012-10-19 02:30:42

Blue&Green
Pilgrim

Olaf wrote:

Well, it follows the pattern set by the other books.

A year after hardcover publication, Daw publishes the large format trade paperback, a year after that follows the small format mass-market paperback. For SHADOWHEART this means Nov. 2010 (hc), Nov. 2011 (trade paperback) and Nov. 2012 (mass-market).

So it's a Daw thing then? Didn't know.

I did end up find a format b version, but that was the UK version only -- and a different publisher.

#6 2012-11-09 12:11:22

ylvs
Mantis

And Deb just posted on fb that it is out today.

To meet an old friend is like the finding of a welcoming campfire in the dark. Qanuc saying
Scrollbearer
Titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Arsonist of the probably most spectacular Mint burning ever

#7 2012-11-09 17:57:22

Blue&Green
Pilgrim

ylvs wrote:

And Deb just posted on fb that it is out today.

Just ordered it. And just in time too, because I was really getting tired of looking at those three nice small books in a row and that one huge trade paperback next to it. :/

Board footer