Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Otherland
  •  » When Orlando spots the Tortoise sailing on its shell in "Kitchen"...

#1 2012-09-23 14:16:53

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

When Orlando spots the Tortoise sailing on its shell in "Kitchen"...

(Spoiler for Otherland pt2, river of blue fire)

he can't stop laughing, because he wonders if the people out in the real world can hear the crazy things he's saying in the "utterly scanned" environment he's in. Yet he never stops to say anything like "oh mom, in case you can hear this I'm fine!" And I don't remember if Renie does anything like that either... for instance she probably should try to ask Jeremiah or her father for help when she can't feel the mask on her face the first time... which I think is a major hole in credibility if it's true.
Correct me if I'm wrong!

Anyway, I'm re-reading Otherland for the first time, it's probably 7 years or so since last and there's so much that I don't remember... amazing feat of fantasy from Tad to come up with all these simulations and make them interesting.

Wouldn't the plural form of Olaf be Olaves? ;) - Firsfron of Ronchester

• Index
  •  » Otherland
  •  » When Orlando spots the Tortoise sailing on its shell in "Kitchen"...

Board footer