Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Art
  •  » This forum needs a cleaning

#1 2011-12-10 14:53:22

SprootieDestroyerofWorlds
Pilgrim

This forum needs a cleaning

Most of the links, and I mean 80-90% of them, are to websites that no longer exist.

Does anyone clean these pages, delete links to art that no longer exists on the internet (or at least at that location)?

#2 2011-12-10 15:55:17

Aan`allein
Hierarch
Website

Re: This forum needs a cleaning

In the last 10.5 years, over 800,000 messages have been written on these forums. A significant number of those messages will have included links. There's absolutely no way we could ever effictively 'clean up' the large percentage of those links which will have gone stale. Nor do I have any desire to even begin to do so. Who's to say that the resource is permanently gone, and not just right now because of a server hickup? And even a truly dead link still provides useful information. You could put that link into the wayback machine and have a good chance of seeing the original art. Or if the link is only dead because of a reorganization of the site, you could go to the homepage of the site in question and see if you can find it by navigating from there.

Mozilla developer comment of the however long it'll be this time:
<Mossop> run for the hills!
<Boriss> i can't, i'm at a local maximum!

Just Imagine...

#3 2012-03-22 19:37:05

TogaMario
Pilgrim
Website

Re: This forum needs a cleaning

I still own my domain, but sadly, the images are long gone. I wish I hadn't let the hosting slip by a month :( maybe that's a sign that I need to make more (better) works?

• Index
  •  » Art
  •  » This forum needs a cleaning

Board footer