Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-09 18:20:58

Fantasyfire
Pilgrim

WOW ...

So I just finished reading the whole Otherland series ... *collapses after breaking the ribbon at the marathon finish line* ... AMAZING!!  I laughed, I cried, I got pissed off ... I don't know if Tad reads these posts but if you do I just want to say THANK YOU for writing such a fantastic series of books!!

This is my first post so just wanted to say hello! to everyone! *waves*

While I was searching on information on Tad and his work, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Otherland would be an online game!!  As a player of MMORPG's for the past 10 years (EverQuest and WoW mainly, Asheron's Call, DAoC, D&D, The Matrix, etc. etc.,) I was super excited to hear about this and can't wait to try it out!

<3 Peace and love <3

#2 2010-03-12 13:16:16

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Re: WOW ...

Welcome aboard Fantasyfire! And yes, Tad does prowl these boards. Sometimes when he finds a minute in between his writing and parenting duties, he even posts.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#3 2010-03-26 10:05:03

Fantasyfire
Pilgrim

Haha parenting duties, I hear ya!

Thanks for the welcome :)

#4 2010-03-26 10:12:35

sisterdew
Pilgrim

Sahi wrote:

Welcome aboard Fantasyfire! And yes, Tad does prowl these boards. Sometimes when he finds a minute in between his writing and parenting duties, he even posts.

Facebook counts as writing, then?

*runs and ducks*

daisy-headed, one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater!

#5 2010-12-04 04:24:10

furgie
Pilgrim

Hi! Just finished reading Otherland series and just wanted to say exactly the same thins that Fantasyfire did, so I decided just to add to this topic, instead of creating a new one.
That was amazing series, great storytelling that left with that empty feeling of leaving some good friends when I finished it. I really liked the characters, the book made me laugh and cry, so I would really, really thank you Tad for writing it.
Also, having skimmed the forums before posting - no, I don't think the happy ending was particularly happy one.

Btw, this is my first post on the forums, so hello everyone.

#6 2011-11-30 20:37:02

SprootieDestroyerofWorlds
Pilgrim

Same. Finished it about a month ago. Thought it was awesome!

Thanks so much, Tad! This was one of the best series I have ever read.

I have not been this excited about a piece of fiction since I was a teenager. I would love to see more stuff this cool in the universe. (What I really want is more otherland, a 3000 page, 4 book sequel).

Board footer