Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-15 15:11:01

ViciousBadWon-Ton
Pilgrim

The Otherland Group

Hey everyone. After searching the internet for more information about the Otheralnd MMOG, which to my disapointment I didn't find anything new on the game, I found a strange website.

It's called the Otherland group and they say that their group is based on the belief that "the future internet will not be limited to an interconnected web of ‘pages’, consisting of text, graphics and some snippets of sound and moving pictures." They then say that the next step for the internet is "the Web 3D, a platform where a lot of the information contained in flat pages today is presented as a virtual world"

Anyway, on another page they said they were inspired by Tad's Otherland series. So this has excited me and I just thought I should share it with you all! :)

http://www.otherland-group.com/

#2 2010-07-16 00:23:09

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Re: The Otherland Group

Funny! Never heard of them before. Thanks for sharing.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#3 2011-02-20 15:23:46

Calvin
Pilgrim

Re: The Otherland Group

Stumbled upon this myself, too. They are a virtual worlds company, working with OpenGrid (see: Second Life).

Great name, though.

Board footer