Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Art
  •  » Assorted Shadowmarch Characters

#1 2010-11-26 11:34:53

Percephene
Pilgrim

Assorted Shadowmarch Characters

Hi all, I've just joined the forums but am a long time fan of Tad's work!

I've recently begun a series of fan art based on the Shadowmarch series and here is the first completed piece! Be kind, I haven't drawn in many years! ^_^

Lady Elan M'Cory in gabled hood with mourning veil.
Princess Briony - Study for a painting of Briony & Barrick as children, which I'm working on slowly. I really like how this came out!

I'll update this thread with new images as I upload them to keep the forums tidy!
Looking forward to lurking with you all and would love your feedback! ^_^

Last edited by Percephene (2010-12-17 20:36:59)

#2 2010-11-30 20:04:28

Percephene
Pilgrim

Re: Assorted Shadowmarch Characters

Thanks for all the views, I really appreciate it! I'd love some feedback or comments, how does she differ from your mental image of the character? Do you agree with my portrayal? ^_^

#3 2010-12-17 20:31:47

Percephene
Pilgrim

Added a new piece to my deviant page, of Briony as a child. Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by Percephene (2010-12-17 20:36:44)

#4 2010-12-18 03:28:55

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Nice, Percephene!

I can't draw at all, and people least of all - always so jealous of that ability! :)

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#5 2010-12-18 22:22:55

Percephene
Pilgrim

Thanks! It looks way better in person in my opinion but its a start! :) I enjoy sharing them here as it spurs me on to do better. ^_^

#6 2010-12-19 18:49:51

mmp
Pilgrim

Hey.. good job. A little cartoonish maybe but still very nice! Maybe you could make 1 of Qinnitan she's my favorite character.

#7 2010-12-20 13:16:25

Percephene
Pilgrim

mmp wrote:

Hey.. good job. A little cartoonish maybe but still very nice! Maybe you could make 1 of Qinnitan she's my favorite character.

Thank you! Cartoonish is what I'm going for! :P Cartoons in a painterly style a la the paintings of Penny Arcade's Gabe.  Yes I have a sketch for a composite of Quinnitan, the Autarch & Vash but Vash came out too Oriental-wise-man-ish so I've back burnered that one. Although now I'm suddenly seeing Quinnitan clearly in my head! Maybe I'll sketch her out later! :)

• Index
  •  » Art
  •  » Assorted Shadowmarch Characters

Board footer