Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-14 02:52:57

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Live Stream with Tad & Deborah for German Launch of ODFARM

Interview mit Tad als Live-Streaming!
Am 30. August 2009; 19:00 Uhr

Im Interview wird er auf Fragen der Tad Williams-Mailinglist zu »Die Drachen der Tinkerfarm« antworten.

Jetzt steht auch die Uhrzeit fest: 30. August 2009, 19:00 Uhr

Das Interview kann hier auf tadwilliams.de im Browser angesehen werden, wenn Flash auf deinem Rechner instaliert ist.

tadwilliams.de

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#2 2009-08-30 09:43:14

strangeshe
Hierarch

Re: Live Stream with Tad & Deborah for German Launch of ODFARM

Live-streaming Interview is here: http://www.klett-cotta.de/interview.html

According to Deb it starts at 10am Pacific Time today -- which is roughly 1hr 20mins from now.

#3 2009-08-30 09:44:16

strangeshe
Hierarch

(I'm not sure how I managed to miss this post, Olaf, but thank you -- as always!)

#4 2009-08-31 06:58:59

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Watching this was the only useful thing I did yesterday - spent the whole day sitting around lazily, too lazy even for Smarching, but at least I noticed this in time (thanks, SS!)
It was fun - although, at the end, I was very tempted to shout, "No! Austria! You have to come to Austria!" (Luckily, I remembered in time that this would sound very silly for the rest of the family!)

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#5 2009-08-31 13:16:36

Olaf
Mantis
Website

A video of the interview is online at:

http://www.klett-cotta.de/interview.html

and tadwilliams.de as well.

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#6 2009-09-01 09:54:04

strangeshe
Hierarch

If you view the vid at the Klett-Cotta or tadwilliams.de sites right now, there is a rather long bit at the beginning where they captured the set-up stuff prior to the actual interview. I've not timed it, but I'm guessing several minutes worth.

An edited vid (with that long leader removed) should be replacing it soon. I did check again just now & it's still the rough copy on the site.

As soon as the final is available, I'll be embedding it on the site. They've sent me the full vid file, but it's some 99MB or so, I only received it late last night, and I've not had a chance to monkey around with streaming it from our server. I'm hoping K-C gets it fixed on their end first so I can just embed it. :)

Regardless of all that, the video -is- available, you just may have to wait through some quiet mutterings & see Tad's arm obscure half the window for a bit. *L*

#7 2009-09-02 15:56:23

Olaf
Mantis
Website

The prelude at the beginning is now gone from the recording. If you stream the interview from tadwilliams.de it will start directly with Tad & Deborah.

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#8 2009-09-03 06:20:38

strangeshe
Hierarch

Excellent :)
Thanks for the heads-up Olaf!

Board footer