Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-08 14:53:45

bsaenz24
Pilgrim

The Dragons of Ordinary Farm (Amazon preorder is available)

You can preorder Dragons from Amazon.com

Brad

http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Ordinary- … amp;sr=1-4

#2 2009-03-21 03:40:03

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Re: The Dragons of Ordinary Farm (Amazon preorder is available)

The HarperCollins First look program makes the book available early for some readers.

The site also has another somewhat different synopsis that offers some more details:
Squabbling siblings Tyler and Lucinda think they’re spending a boring summer in the country, but they quickly learn that Great–Uncle Gideon’s place is no ordinary farm. In fact, the farm actually a compound filled with fantastical creatures—dragons, unicorns, flying monkeys and more. Plus, the place is run by a strange collection of farmhands, all of whom seem to be hiding important secrets. When Tyler and Lucinda learn that an evil software billionaire is determined to buy the farm—or, if he can’t have his way, to destroy it— they’ll have to act fast, and together, in order to save the creatures they have come to love. Packed with mystery and adventure, this is a high-spirited fantasy about ordinary kids in an extraordinary situation.

http://www.harpercollinschildrens.com/H … tleid=1699

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#3 2009-05-30 02:54:02

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Amazon.de seems to ship copies early. My pre-ordered copy arrved just a couple of minutes ago!

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#4 2009-05-30 08:35:43

Sahi
Mantis
Website

How cool and strange!

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#5 2009-06-02 13:18:58

strangeshe
Hierarch

#6 2009-06-06 02:08:26

Sahi
Mantis
Website

I just had to tell the American Book Centre that it had come out. Apparently they'd missed it, and hadn't ordered it yet. So now I have to wait for my copy. *pouts*

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#7 2009-06-06 18:34:36

cyan
Mantis

My local B&N were already sold out when I went earlier today, which is a good thing.  Just not good for me.

"Never underestimate the power and accuracy of a chicken-chucking trebuchet." ~ Tad

Scrollbearer
Proud Member of the Log Brigade

#8 2009-07-03 15:48:45

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

I finally succumbed to all the pressure and picked up a copy. It is not snuggled happily on the top of by TBR pile next to my desk.

"The evil done by men of goodwill is the worst of all." Iain Pears, The Dream of Scipio

"Where all think alike, no one thinks very much." Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

So, I've got a blog . . . Now what? | A Stitch in Time | The Name Nook

#9 2009-07-14 12:54:40

Earthmanu
Pilgrim

I have just purchased two exemplars. One for me. One for my NY friend LOUISA (who likes dragons-stories a lot).

- My former pseudo in the french minitel roleplaying community AKELA
was "GAG THE FOOL" , for about one thousand hours ...
- I wish to share experience about
1/writing rpg-scenarii in Tolkien's Beleriand ... 2/teaching roleplay and impro to disabled adolescents ... 3/simulations of acrobatic kites flying

Board footer