Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-12 13:01:25

strangeshe
Hierarch

Ordinary Farm Launch Party Invitation

Please come to celebrate the publication of our newest collaboration, The Dragons of Ordinary Farm on Saturday, June 20 at 4pm at Yoga of Los Altos. Tad and I will be signing copies of our book, and there will be an informal interview session facilitated by Yoga of Los Alto's director Andi Bruno beginning at 5 pm. Please RSVP at ordinaryfarm@gmail.com.

You can download the first 8 chapters of the book at www.tadwilliams.com/ordinary-farm.aspx.

Yoga of Los Altos
323 Second Street
Los Altos, CA
650-941-YOGA

Hope to see you there!
Deborah

Support your local indie bookseller at this event!

#2 2009-06-12 13:10:38

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Re: Ordinary Farm Launch Party Invitation

*Is tremendously jealous* You all make pictures, you hear! I want to at least see you all having fun. :)

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#3 2009-06-12 13:51:08

cyan
Mantis

I'll be there with the bf, and I'm bringing my camera.  Someone will have to remind me to use it though.

Also, the area code for Los Altos is 650.  Google's driving directions are very good.

"Never underestimate the power and accuracy of a chicken-chucking trebuchet." ~ Tad

Scrollbearer
Proud Member of the Log Brigade

#4 2009-06-12 16:59:56

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

Mentally I'm there.....

Fysically I'm insanely jealous.....

Have loads of fun!!! (and save a book for me please, don't sell them all at once!)

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#5 2009-06-12 17:16:23

strangeshe
Hierarch

I'm a little too far to make it to the party either, but will be looking forward to hearing how it goes! And to seeing cyan's pix!

& thanks cyan for providing area code. Original invite didn't specify Cali so I dropped that in, but I forgot to take a sec to look up the area code. I'll go edit the first post to put it in there now...

#6 2009-06-12 19:57:51

cyan
Mantis

strangeshe wrote:

& thanks cyan for providing area code.

You're welcome.  Sometimes, having worked for the Evil Phone Company comes in handy.  ;-)

"Never underestimate the power and accuracy of a chicken-chucking trebuchet." ~ Tad

Scrollbearer

#7 2009-06-20 09:50:26

myriah
Pilgrim
Website

I (Patty) will be there today! Unfortunately, I have to do pet therapy first (we visit the elderly several times a month)..... so I will be arriving with a cat in tow. Well, actually in a stroller. No, I don't usually go everywhere with my cat, I promise! But I don't want to run down from north San Jose, back to South San Jose, and all the way back to Los Altos, in an hour..... so crazy me will have a cat with me!

I'm sure somebody will take pictures ....

"I have my books, and my poetry to protect me/I am shielded by my armor/Hiding in my room, safe within my womb/I touch no one and no one touches me/I am a rock, I am an island"  -- "I am a Rock", Simon and Garfunkel

#8 2009-06-22 09:19:10

cyan
Mantis

So bf & I stop in SF to pick up ML Heath, and we arrive at the party a little late.  We say hello to Tad & Deb, grab a glass of wine, and I bring my camera out to start taking pictures only to discover that the batteries were dead.  *facepalm*

Scrollbearer

#9 2009-06-22 19:49:06

cyan
Mantis

Anyway, there was a good sized crowd - maybe 30-40 people - a roughly equal mix of adults and children.  Auros was there; I got to chat with him a little, just before the interview portion started.  The informal interview was very similar in tone to the video clips (posted elsewhere on the boards).  Then every lined up to get their books signed.  Then more general chatting (and another glass of wine).

Afterwards, Tad & Deb invited us (bf, Michael and I) and their friends Bruno and Teresa back to the house for coffee.  I should note that Michael is Michael Layne Heath of The Groover's Grotto blog.  We hung out for a couple of hours, had lots of good conversation.  Then we took Michael home.  Seeing as it's fairly rare for bf & I to be in the city, we decided to stop off and have a couple of cocktails before heading home ourselves.

All in all, a really fun evening!

I'm really sorry about the lack of photos.  I really should have checked the batteries before I left the house, but I was already running late and I had just used the camera a couple of weeks ago and it was fine then.  :-(  Both Devon and Teresa took pictures - hopefully some of those get posted.

Scrollbearer

Board footer