Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-19 08:05:22

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Die Drachen der Tinkerfarm (Odfarm 1 in German)

News about the German edition via tadwilliams.de (Tad's publisher-sponsered German website)

»The Dragons of the Ordinary Farm« - das neue Fantasy-Buch von Tad Williams erscheint im September bei Klett-Cotta.

Das Buch, das Tad mit seiner Frau Deborah Beale geschrieben hat, wird bei uns »Die Drachen der Tinkerfarm« heißen und erscheint im September 2009.

Worum es geht?
Oh, wie langweilig! Tyler und Lucinda müssen die Sommerferien auf der Farm ihres Onkels Gideon verbringen. Keine Computerspiele, keine gleichaltrigen Freunde, keine Eisdielen, für sechs Wochen nur Kühe, Schafe, Pferde und Schweine – so glauben sie jedenfalls.

Aber, als sie im gottverlassenen Standard Valley ankommen, entdecken sie dass dies keine gewöhnliche Farm ist. Das Brüllen aus der Scheune stammt nicht von einer Kuh, sondern
von einem Drachen.

Im Mittelpunkt steht eine Farm, »… eine alles andere als gewöhnliche Farm voller seltsamer Lebewesen, menschliche und andere, Gefahren an jeder Ecke. Leser werden sich mit Tyler und Lucinda identifzieren und wünschen, mit ihnen dort zu sein. Eine mitreißende Geschichte, die ein großes Publikum finden wird«
(Terry Brooks)

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#2 2009-03-19 11:27:09

strangeshe
Hierarch

Re: Die Drachen der Tinkerfarm (Odfarm 1 in German)

And, we have an image of the new cover as well. Will be posting to the site very soon. Stay tuned!

#3 2009-03-19 11:43:00

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Oh yes...please, please, please......

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#4 2009-03-19 12:12:39

strangeshe
Hierarch

Keep an eye on the Home Page; should be updating with the news tonight (my US-concentric time ;) -- if all goes as planned, of course.

(We're also working on an Ordinary Farm page for the site where we can spotlight the latest news on all fronts. Should have it ready very soon.)

#5 2009-03-19 13:30:43

Olaf
Mantis
Website

That would be great.
I'll be on the lookout.

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#6 2009-03-21 22:07:27

strangeshe
Hierarch

The new cover has been posted!

It is currently on the Home Page and the Auf Deutsch page.

Thanks for the pointer to the tadwilliams.de copy, too, Olaf.

I have some other updating to do on the News page tomorrow & will be adding Die Drachen der Tinkerfarm to the Calendar there at that time.

#7 2009-03-22 02:30:46

Olaf
Mantis
Website

It looks....stunning!

That is a fabulous cover!!!

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#8 2009-03-22 12:27:16

bsaenz24
Pilgrim

This is why you can't judge a book by the cover. Since Tad wrote it, I'm sure the story will be great, but the U.S. edition cover art is lame next to the German cover art. I think the German cover are would draw many more adults just due to the art, while I think the U.S. art crys out Young Adult and might put off adults who are not familiar with Tad already.

#9 2009-05-07 21:29:58

strangeshe
Hierarch

Board footer