Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-01-09 09:38:54

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Re: Dragons of Ordinary Farm Cover!

*bumpity-bump*

You know what I think you should do, cyan? Send it to me - Linz is currently calling itself the EU Capital of Culture, so there has to be something worth taking a picture of (although I don't know what), then I can take it to Vienna with me and we can take a picture in front of Schönbrunn or St Stephan or whatever, and then Sahi (or Aan if he comes) can take it along and find some other picture-worthy place.

Scrollbearer
We Smarchers are like Dwarrows living in the city of Mezu'tua: There are only a few of us left. Most of the city is long-abandoned, but we gather here, by the light of the Shard, where it's a little warmer...
-Firsfron
babbling about books and plants

#27 2009-01-09 10:06:58

cyan
Mantis

Sounds like a plan, Magpie!  I'm still looking for a protective covering thing for it though.

Lily: "... .... There is a lot of bad sex in the world. There is also a lot of bad food in the world. If you are starving and have the choice between bad food and no food, you should choose the bad food. If you have the choice between bad sex and no sex, you should choose the no sex."
Scrollbearer
Proud Member of the Log Brigade
Photos of My Works

#28 2009-01-09 13:49:13

wiked
Pilgrim
Website

Alas I do not anticipate any globe trotting, Though I do know of an Innapropiate Gnome that would love a photo opp

Slave of the lizard king

Master of the esoteric arts

He's exciting in a "here come the Magyrs" kinda way
http://dies-ira.tumblr.com

#29 2009-01-29 12:09:12

Magpie
Mantis
Website

*bumps again*

Only two weeks left, so if we're going to do that, it will have to be sent soon. If a protective cover is still not found, I'm sure I could find something, either in the depth of my desk drawers or at the stationery shop.

Scrollbearer
We Smarchers are like Dwarrows living in the city of Mezu'tua: There are only a few of us left. Most of the city is long-abandoned, but we gather here, by the light of the Shard, where it's a little warmer...
-Firsfron

#30 2009-01-30 05:43:45

Sahi
Mantis
Website

I've sent her an email to alert her of this topic.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#31 2009-02-02 09:32:47

cyan
Mantis

Sorry for the delay, Magpie, I'll send it out today.  May not be in the best protective-thingy though, I still haven't found what I want, may have to make it myself after all.  :-\

Lily: "... .... There is a lot of bad sex in the world. There is also a lot of bad food in the world. If you are starving and have the choice between bad food and no food, you should choose the bad food. If you have the choice between bad sex and no sex, you should choose the no sex."
Scrollbearer
Photos of My Works

#32 2009-02-02 09:53:05

Em
Mantis

*waves at Cyan and hopes she won't be a stranger much longer*

#33 2009-02-02 13:00:52

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Scrollbearer

"We love you as much as Gollum hates Bagginses." Tad

high & mighty bibliography

#34 2009-02-03 10:12:41

cyan
Mantis

Cover has been sent.  I hope it reaches you in time, Magpie!

Scrollbearer
Photos of My Works

#35 2009-02-03 10:14:09

Magpie
Mantis
Website

So do I!
And if not, I'll just have to find some other place to go to, right? ;)
*bouncy-bounce*

Scrollbearer
-Firsfron

#36 2009-02-15 14:53:30

cyan
Mantis

I guess that means it didn't arrive in time.  *sadfailure*

Scrollbearer
Photos of My Works

#37 2009-02-15 16:49:22

Aan`allein
Hierarch
Website

It did arrive in time! We took pictures! And introduced it to all the other Tad covers we could find in a sadly understocked (but open on Sunday) bookstore (the only one we went to! (for shame!))

Transporting the thing around from moot to moot is going to prove problematic due to its size; none of us wanted to risk taking it along in the luggage we had at hand, so Magpie took it with her again, to now be passed on by the time of Castlefest/SAGE, unless there's another meet going to be happening somewhere in the world before then.

Mozilla developer comment of the however long it'll be this time:
<Mossop> run for the hills!
<Boriss> i can't, i'm at a local maximum!

Just Imagine...

#38 2009-02-16 12:25:03

cyan
Mantis

Oh good!  *whew*

Yes, I figured that transporting/packing part would be a problem.  I'd been looking for some sort of flexible clear plastic cover that could be rolled up and put into a cardboard tube, but have had no luck because of the odd size.

I can't wait to see the pictures though!

Scrollbearer
Photos of My Works

#39 2009-02-16 12:35:04

Magpie
Mantis
Website

There's one in the Moot thread (no famous place though - for that, we have to wait for Sahi).

I did get it on Thursday, and couldn't quite decide whether to bounce around gleefully some more, or keep it secret and make it a surprise. In the end, I think I simply forgot. Too much to think about.

And in truth, they just made me keep because they think that way I'll have to come to Castlefest. Which I could probably afford, but then how should I save money for my garden? :( Also, I sort of feel bad about going to SAGE again if sisterdew still can't.

Scrollbearer
-Firsfron

#40 2009-02-16 12:54:14

cyan
Mantis

Magpie wrote:

And in truth, they just made me keep because they think that way I'll have to come to Castlefest.

Sneaky.  But then, that does mean you'll have to go to Castlefest!

You know you want to.  ;-)

Scrollbearer
Photos of My Works

#41 2009-02-18 10:21:18

Magpie
Mantis
Website

The problem is that I want too many things... *sigh* I want to travel (which is slowly becoming less scary), see more places and meet more of you lovely people, but at the same time, I also want to save up money for my garden.

Anyway, it has occurred to me I should get something pink to put the DoOF cover in, so it will be protected by the pink magic.

Scrollbearer
-Firsfron

#42 2009-02-18 11:57:00

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Maybe you should set aside a specific amount for your garden every month. Then if you still have some money left over, you can use it for the other stuff?

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

Board footer