Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Art
  •  » Another Lady Porcupine...

#1 2008-06-07 11:09:03

subphonic
Pilgrim

Another Lady Porcupine...

I know everyone does Lady P. but I was reading Sahi's summary and started doodling...this is a VERY rough biro sketch of what I'm going for:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/ … sketch.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (I couldn't see in the summary if her hair was black or white, I know the question has been asked before but does anyone know off-hand?)

Tim.

EDIT: meant to say summary is really useful, Sahi for preparing it!

Last edited by subphonic (2008-06-07 12:45:02)

#2 2008-06-07 14:47:38

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Re: Another Lady Porcupine...

Everyone does her? I've seen only two or three pictures so far! And the summary was made because I AM the lady porcupine and definitely want more pictures. :) Just so as maybe one of them will look like something I could base a costume on...

And if her hair colour isn't in the summary, then it wasn't in the first book. I simply took all the lines of description from the digital version. (So unless it was one of the edits made for the paper publication it wasn't in there.)

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#3 2008-06-07 17:04:18

subphonic
Pilgrim

Re: Another Lady Porcupine...

:) I'll get working on a final version then...and I'll stick with black hair.

I think she need's to be more sinister and more feminine in my next draft. And maybe have a bigger head!

Not sure about a costume though as I was going for the 'plate mail bristling with spikes' look.

• Index
  •  » Art
  •  » Another Lady Porcupine...

Board footer