Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-20 12:28:26

strangeshe
Hierarch

Welcomes and Introductions

At Wolfshade's suggestion, a topic for Introductions all around (why didn't I think of that? *g*).

A warm welcome to those of you new to the Tad Williams community and to those who have been lurking or unable to post on the old boards! Tell us a little bit about yourself, if you like.

And if you're not so new, drop in and introduce yourself, too! Good way for everyone to get to Meet & Greet!

I'm strangeshe, hailing from Dallas, Texas. I've been hanging around online Tad-haunts for.... yipes, has it been 10 years already? Something like that, though I'm not one of the early GEnie folk. I started hanging out back on the Tad Williams Listserv, and they've not been able to get rid of me since. *g*

Like many/most of the folk here, I'm an avid reader with a fondness for SFF but will read most anything that comes my way. Lately, I've been re-immersed in comics (it's Tad's fault), catching up with characters I'd not visited since I was a kid. Well, that and a bit of helping Tad and Deborah to get this place up & running (mostly with tracking down info on Tad's Works, links & some other stuff).

The Hierarch title is a label for admins that came over with us from the Shadowmarch boards. (You'll see Mantises here, too -- they're the board moderators.) Mostly we're the clean-up crew -- hierarchs and mantises, alike -- here to help if you have any questions or problems with the site.

In RL, I'm married, no kids, but have a poodle that pretty much makes up for it. (I think it's called 'poodle penance.')

Next!

[eta: Thought I'd make this topic 'sticky' to keep it easy to find -- at least for awhile! SS]

Last edited by strangeshe (2008-01-20 12:51:57)

#2 2008-01-20 12:55:47

Genisis X
Pilgrim

Re: Welcomes and Introductions

I hail from Pacific Palms, Australia. I'm a chef, I play bass and people tend to type this: 'O-o' and other such devices of confuzzlement in response to many of my posts.

I have no Idea why. I make perfect sense. :P

-X

I was going to do more things, but I'm staring uselessly at my computer again...
-Magpie

#3 2008-01-20 12:57:05

strangeshe
Hierarch

O-o

#4 2008-01-20 12:58:38

Musa
Pilgrim

Ok I' m next!  I have read Tad's books since MST first came out.  He has been my favorite author since then, but I haven't had anyone to talk to about how much I love his work!  I want to say I am his biggest fan from Hawaii, but I am sure there are others who want to claim that title as well.  I love to read and always have my nose in a book, if I am not out in my garden, running, or paddling outrigger canoes.

I live on the island of Molokai in Hawaii. I am a school counselor at our local high school, and I never have the same day twice!  I am amazed with what those kids come up with!   I am married no children, but have 2 cats, Dylan Prince of Darkness and Cocoa Poopypants and a dog, Myke.

I am glad to be here.

Next!

"Let's cha cha!"

#5 2008-01-20 13:07:21

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

Hello! It's super-exciting to have all our new friends here and able to post. Welcome!

I have been around almost as long as StrangeShe, starting on the Lystserv after I found the Otherland books at the library, then enjoying several incarnations of Tad fandom that have popped up.... though I confess to having been inconsistent the last year or two as far as actuallly showing up daily at the boards. I've been trying to make up for it the last few weeks! It's been great to get back into being involved with the community; I do consider this one of my major groups of lifelong friends, and a defining part of my life.

I am single, with a cat and a guinea pig in an apartment, and I work at a Montessori school in administration. I also teach exercise classes at Gold's Gym (yoga, BodyPump, BodyFlow), which has been an incredible source of growth and inspiration to me over the last year. I speak a little Italian, play piano, would like to learn the accordion (don't ask), like rock climbing, enjoy camping, and hiking - but I'm not really a power-hiker. I just like to take long walks in the woods, y'know? I also enjoy a lot of homebody stuff- container gardening, knitting, crocheting, cooking, baking.  I love the ocean, and if I lived closer, think I would be an avid surfer. I would also like to learn to sail.

I look forward to getting to know those of you new to our awesome, crazy bunch, as well as to deepening friendships with those of you I've known a bit longer.

#6 2008-01-20 13:09:38

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

Musa wrote:

I live on the island of Molokai in Hawaii.

*makes note to organize a moot in Hawaii*

Us school workers gotta stick together! *nod*

#7 2008-01-20 13:10:49

Genisis X
Pilgrim

strangeshe wrote:

O-o

See what I'm talking about?!

*throws sea sponges and novelty, oversized plastic keys at strangeshe*

-X

I was going to do more things, but I'm staring uselessly at my computer again...
-Magpie

#8 2008-01-20 13:16:23

Magpie
Mantis
Website

So... me... I'm from Austria, not to be confused with Australia, and contrary to what some people claim, I'm not the same person as sisterdew.
I'm an apprentice gardener, and am completely obsessed with plants, books, and books about plants.
I found Smarch nearly two years ago (only two years?!), around the time I dropped out of university to live my dream of being a gardener - and OK, I admit it, it was a big part of why I decided I needed to spend all my savings on a new computer so I could have internet!
I still live with my parents, two younger brothers and Gandalf the Incredibly Silly Catbeast, but will have to move out when my bookshelves are full.
If I have any time left between work, reading and gardening, I write, go for walks in the forest, knit, or sometimes sew.
Anyone who's interested in plants and gardening, you're always welcome at the Botanimaniac's Gardens!

And how did I discover Tad? I read the Dragonbone Chair when I was about 12, didn't understand a thing, but was very proud of being able to remember Binabik's full name. Then I forgot about it (it was from the library) until, when I was 16, my mother brought Stone of Farewell from the library - and then, I totally fell in love with MS&T, reading everywhere, including under my desk at school. Getting my own copies was difficult (silly bookshops!), but in the end I got them, in English even.
The summer after I finished school, I got Otherland from the library, and from then on, I was truly hooked. That autumn, during my unhappy months at university, I found War of the Flowers, and then Shadowmarch, and on my fourth-from-last day there, dying of homesickness in the computer room, I decided to go looking for those "mad, wonderful folk" Tad had mentioned - and when I left, it was with a huge grin.
Still one of my favourite memories!

Last edited by Magpie (2008-01-21 12:17:52)

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#9 2008-01-20 13:31:32

Aan`allein
Hierarch
Website

*makes welcoming noises to new and old members alike*

I'm one of the resident ├╝ber-geeks. As such, Otherland is what turned me into a Tad fan, and his message in Sea of Silver Light back in 2001 is what made me discover the Shadowmarch website (then still home to the online-experiment), the message board of which quickly turned into my third home (my second home being another message board (same as my fourth and fifth home *g*)).
I was lucky enough to be in the position to offer to try and convert our old Shadowmarch message board to this shiny new one here, the success of which operation somehow resulted in me being given more responsibility (and annoying chores) inherent in this Hierarch title. *g*
As mentioned, I'm a geek. Professionally I'm a freelance web application developer, and in the free time I don't have, I do general user-support for everything Mozilla-related (and QA for SeaMonkey specifically) and try to contribute usefully to various web development related organizations. I read a lot - if not as much as I'd like - with a heavy focus on science fiction (David Zindell is god, and Kim Stanley Robinson writes the best scientist hero ever), and a lighter focus on non-traditional fantasy (all hail Steven Brust, and marvel at Charles de Lint). I try to attend live music shows by my favorite artists (Vienna Teng, Bic Runga, Wendy Rule, Happy Rhodes, ...) whenever possible (which isn't nearly enough). I've grown to be pretty decent at photography, a hobby which I take up every time I set off travelling - which is far more often than I deserve, even if not nearly as often as I'd like. :) In the lack of free time which remains after all that, I try to edit the resulting photographs and write tripreports about it all - which at present means that I'm running 2.5 years and 12k photos behind.
I'm an absolute sucker for watching sunsets from mountain tops (which is problematic, given the lack of mountains in the Netherlands), and nearly as much for hanging out with good friends whom I've previously only met online.

Mozilla developer comment of the however long it'll be this time:
<Mossop> run for the hills!
<Boriss> i can't, i'm at a local maximum!

Just Imagine...

#10 2008-01-20 13:37:19

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

Well.... then I'm next...

I haven't been on the boards for as long as a lot of others...I still consider myself a bit of a newbie.

I live in the Netherlands, alone with a cat (Her Bobbyness, formerly known as his Bobbyness, which still confuses some smarchers)... My neighbours prolly think I'm nuts as I answer my cat's constant chatting in her own language.... You can expect many stories about her... as she is one crazy cat...
Of course I love reading (anything with words and a good enough story, but most favourite are of course Tad, Tolkien, Kundera, Couperus, Pratchett and some other that I won't mention, to make sure I'll not post only the names of my fave writers).... writing is one of my passions as well (although hardly done lately because of work-stress), I love hiking (mountains please), rock-climbing (Marian...we must meet), used to do it very regularly, until most of my rock-climbing friends left and I moved as well... I'm still planning my big hiking holiday, doing the Pennine Way in the UK if I can ever find willing victims to come along...
You will also see me whining about beautiful pieces of music that me and my choir are singing or studying (feel free to ignore that).... And photography is the job I would have had if I had more guts and less need for stability....

Well, that's about it for me....
I look forward to meeting you new people, and to get to know the "old" people even better...

Last edited by Libra-in-a-roundabout-way (2008-01-20 13:39:59)

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#11 2008-01-20 13:37:44

Musa
Pilgrim

Marian wrote:

Musa wrote:

I live on the island of Molokai in Hawaii.

*makes note to organize a moot in Hawaii*

Us school workers gotta stick together! *nod*

Moot?  If that means we get together.  I am for it.  Just leave your slippahs before you enter the door.

"Let's cha cha!"

#12 2008-01-20 13:48:32

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way wrote:

I love hiking (mountains please)

*pokes*

well, you know that there's always a spare matress wherever I live - and while I'm in a boring, flat place, I have family in the mountains...

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#13 2008-01-20 13:49:01

wiked
Pilgrim
Website

right then,
when i was a senior in highschool, way back in 1995 this friend of mine in my science class said to me, "hey check out this cool book."
   It happened to be dragon bone chair, and i proceded to read it and then irritated my friend by reading the whole series before he finished it and mocking him with the details.
   So the next year as a freshman in college i was learning about this whole newfangled interwebs thing, and i decided to look up tad williams, sure enough there was this web sight and a listserv,
   "What the heck" I thought, so i joined. Unfortunately, i was very new to computers, and my ability to spell, conjugate and collate was suspect. To say my spelling was bad (and still is) is an understatement, and to make things worse, the archic text based e-mail that my college had did not even conceive of the idea of a spell check. Someone proceeded to question weather i was a lost member of the Wicked Tribe, and the name has kinda stuck.I popped into shadowmarch since it first opened and have hung around ever since then
   My real self is located in Western NY state, bout halfway between Rochester And buffalo, I am working on my Masters in history and Museum studies, and am looking forward to my internship at the Rochester museum and science center. I read, carve, research randomly, scribble occasionally, dabble in photography, little of this little of that.

Slave of the lizard king

Master of the esoteric arts

He's exciting in a "here come the Magyrs" kinda way
http://dies-ira.tumblr.com

#14 2008-01-20 13:59:26

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

Magpie wrote:

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way wrote:

I love hiking (mountains please)

*pokes*

well, you know that there's always a spare matress wherever I live - and while I'm in a boring, flat place, I have family in the mountains...

*does remember and will use*

But maybe not this year.... with the Big Crap going on, we might make plans that are not possible to act upon??? Well..... we'll keep in touch....

Oh and me and my dad and siss are going skiing at the end of March.... in Austria.... ehm.... wanna meet then??? Mini-meet??? Don't know yet where exactly we're going... but we could make it work... or you could come skiing for a day or two or something....

I'll send you an email tomorrow.....

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#15 2008-01-20 14:30:03

Jendaiya
Pilgrim
Website

Hello, all. :)

Let's see.  I discovered Tad by way of a copy of Tailchaser's Song that was sitting on the bottom shelf of a bookstore that I haunted. I've been around Smarch since day two and I've done my best to make certain that everyone I know reads Tad's books.

As for real life, I'm a researcher and assistant to the curator at a museum. I read, watch violent movies and I'm deeply in love with music, mostly metal and classical. My passion is my writing (but it's unreadble).  I love snow and tea. I live in the mountains in Canada and I can't imagine a more lovely place anywhere. Ever.

What else? I'm learning Russian. I have two cats. My favourite colour is blue and my favourite flower is the stargazer lilly. Some day I want to travel around the world. By train. :)

I am and always will be, Double Infinity. :)

Beauty will save the world.

~Prince Myshkin,

The Idiot, by Dostoevsky

#16 2008-01-20 14:55:57

Wolfshade
Pilgrim
Website

Hi, I go by Wolfshade, though my real name is Bryan.  I found online-Tad my Sophmore year in college,  if memory serves, which was in upstae NY.  That would be *counts fingers* about 1996 I guess.  I was pledging a fraternity at the time, actually (Animal House, not Rich-People-R-Us) , and since then I graduated, went to grad school in Austin, followed my project to Europe, got married, got my PhD in Germany (physics), and now work in Dublin at my 1st postdoc, specifically in the biomedical field.  I found Tad early, as indicated by my 1st edition Dragonbone Chair.  I like wolves (as 2 of my three tattoos will attest) and I was attracted by the cover.  I was blown away by Tad's writing.  I would desribe it as intelligent due to its complex characters (Simon was very well written, and I could relate very very well as a 14 or so year old boy myself at the time) and I could honestly say that through college, I considered a lot of the fictional memories from his books to be as influential on me as a person as many of my own real-life memories.  I've always aspired to be able to write like Tad, though science has been my overwhelming passion.  Someday, I'll publish some fiction....I hope.

I'm very proud of this community, not just because I consider so many people friends, and get insight on topics from all over the world, but because most online communities are too unfriendly for my taste.  But Tad's fans seem to be reliably considerate of each other, despite a massive variety in background.  I think that should be commended, and speaks so well of Tad as a parson and as a voice.

"The rhythm is broken by continuous illumination, continuous darkness, or by decapitation." M.Morita and J.B.Best. The Journal of Experimental Zoology. 231: 273-282 (1984)

http://twitter.com/wolfshade
http://www.fullcastpodcast.com

#17 2008-01-20 15:10:29

Jaime
Pilgrim

I am Jaime, one third of the Smutsister Triumvirate (which includes Dragondawn and Miiru, and then there are several Smutsister Satellites).  I am an east coast nomad who presently lives in Baltimore, but the Great Conveyor Belt of Life will carry me south to Wilmington, NC in two weeks.

I've been reading Tadbooks ever since Tailchaser's Song was released, but I became a member of the Treehouse Lyst back around 1995 or 1996, and I became a Knight of the First Day when Shadowmarch was released.

I'm reduced to drive-by-posting these days, but I still lurk on a regular basis!

Yield to temptation; it may not pass your way again.

-- Heinlein

#18 2008-01-20 15:27:22

Susan Queen of the Univ
Pilgrim

ok.  me next.

i'm susan queen of the universe because ... well ...  i just am.  i live in connecticut with my husband and 3 daughters, a dog, cat, guinea pig, snake, turtle and 2 ferrets.  i am a science teacher at an alternative high school.  my interests include reading (of course), belly dancing, fixing up my house, and basically doing the mommy thing.

i've been a smarcher since the early days of shadowmarch.  i got interested in tad's work when i stumbled upon the dragonbone chair, and since i collect dragons, i was intrigued and read it.  i've been hooked ever since.  i kinda disappered for a while, and my smarching is sporatic at best now.  but i'll never leave.  nope.

i've had the privelege of meeting many smarchers in person at various meets, moots, and conventions, and i must say that i've never met a more diverse yet senstive, friendly, and oddly weird bunch of people.  i really would like to meet you all someday.  i consider it an honor to be among you all.

"I maked these."  -Gall Bladder

#19 2008-01-20 17:17:20

xavie
Pilgrim
Website

We are telling our live stories here? Cool...

When I was talking to Firsfron the other day we said: If the twmb was highschool, we'd have known each other from kindergarden.
Then kindergarden would be the Children of the Final Ocean role playing game which we were involved with together wich a bunch of other people - lian, Dementia, Pandy, Jiriki... whoever made it to smarch? In joined the game in 2001, and that actually got me involved into that whole online community stuff. -- lian I actually know from kindergarden, just for the record.

I live in Germany, which is a county with both delicious bread and even more delicious gingerbread. We do not celebrate christmas by decorating the christmas tree with pickle ornaments. That is a lie the World Disney comany made up. I won't stand for it.

I am a student of geography, which is why I would have liked to have a world map on this site - a world map showing every member as a tiny dot. Maybe the active members could be blinking. Mine would be maroon.

#20 2008-01-20 17:29:41

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

I am Firsfron of Ronchester, and my real name is (did you guess?) Ron.

I first became a Tad-fan in November of 1988 (just after the original hardcover publication of The Dragonbone Chair). Waiting for Stone of Farewell was simply agony because I had no idea when it would come out, and no one could tell me.

In 1992, I invented my own little RPG based on M, S, and T, (and later developed computer versions). Also in 1992, I searched in vain for something on Tad Williams, but found nothing (either my high school's "internet" wasn't hooked up to much, or I simply failed to locate GEnie).

In November 1997, I finally located The Tad Williams Fan Page and started posting messages there. I was surprised how open Tad was, and that he actually answered readers' questions (and I had an awful lot of them, ranging from which was further west: Garwynswold or Bregshame; to a question about Geloe's sexuality). To his credit, Tad answered all my newbie questions as best he could. I even got a cool, unexpected answer about Utuk'ku's eye color!

I originally posted under my real name, but almost no one else was doing that, and it always hurt when someone said something nasty under a pseudonym, and I always took it too personally. So in early 1998 I modified (ok, stole) the character name Firsfram of Runchester (from book two of DBC) for my own purposes, and have kept it ever since. It's goofy, totally inane, and thus suits me perfectly. It keeps me from getting uppity, too: no one can take me seriously with such a goofy parody of a username.

I first met Tad when he was on tour for Mountain of Black Glass on September 7th, 1999 (I don't remember the date, but it's been preserved in The Wayback Machine). That is also the last time I met Tad, as his publishers have never sent him to Arizona since then, despite the huge success of his tour there.

I joined Tad's new (in 2001) venture, the Shadowmarch site in June of 2001. I eventually migrated to creating my own collaborative stories at COTFO for a couple of years before rejoining Shadowmarch  in early January of 2004. I've been at Shadowmarch ever since, and migrated to TadWilliams.com a few days ago when the new Tad board opened, and the old Shadowmarch bulletin board pages from June 2001 to December 2007 were all transferred over here.

Aside from Tad, the only Smarchers I've met are Xavie and Dementia, both in 2006. They're really awesome.

I live in the desert, am a state-certified teacher, and work in the state's university educational system.

Last edited by Firsfron of Ronchester (2008-01-21 00:23:25)

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#21 2008-01-20 18:55:28

Hiragana
Pilgrim

OOer, re-introductions? Let me try.

Hereabouts they know me as Hiragana, but I've also worn several other names, like the first one Niniane-Sunyata, to Hiraedd, to Hiraeth, which is how I turned into Hiragana. I first joined Shadowmarch in 2001. I found the site via Guthwulf's side, and that via his M,S&T dissertation which he put online. I was a masters student looking for samples of a literary/humanites masters dissertation.  However, I lost that password (and I never posted anyway) and rejoined around 2003 (I think) - this was when I  progressed from quiet lurkdom (intimidated, so shy and intimidated), to being one of the noisiest around here XD. Frankly, I don't even KNOW when that particular transformation happened. Probably around the time of the 2003 NaNoWriMo (my first).

I read M,S & T in 2000, around the time when I started my M.A. in Literature course, and was completely spellbound by it. Started reading Otherlands a couple of years later. My favourite will always be Otherlands - that's also the reason why I started MUDding. Hee! However, the Shadowmarch books may compete with that. Oh, and Caliban's Hour is also very high up there on my list of favourite books.

As for me, I'm a book-nerd, music geek, phd student, writer, sometime artist, songwriter, dabbler in a great too many things, something of a geek if not an UBERgeek, nature-lover, tree-hugging but-too-nerd-y-to-be-completely hippie (you get the gist). I've been a university lecturer, an editor, a book and theatre critic and a law intern. Right now I'm in Australia as a phd student on scholarship. That's as much of me as can be fit into a nutshell, folks. Oh, and since everyone's posting their marital status: not-entirely confirmed spinster. And that is all.

I adore the community here, I've hung around many places - usenet, undernet, bulletin boards, MUD, but far and above any, this is the best. The nicest, warmest people are on this site and I'm glad to be here.

Last edited by Hiragana (2013-03-01 05:04:07)

#22 2008-01-20 19:43:03

spindrift
Pilgrim

I used to lurk around the old smarch boards shortly after it opened, but strayed. Hopefully i'll do better this time :)

I became a fan of tad when i was given a ratty old copy of the Dragonbone Chair, i then read through the rest of the series in very short order, until my eyes were dry and sore and i felt dizzy and sick. He Introduced me to what fantasy could be, instead of the dragonlance and WoT stuff i was previously reading, for which i am forever grateful.

#23 2008-01-20 19:59:18

ceywren
Pilgrim
Website

i'm ceywren and have official dibs on resident ghost. if you bother me, i'll cover you with ectoplasm. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
i also have official dibs on all doom related nouns.
my evil army consists of kittens and possibly magpies (to drop the kittens on innocent passer-byers heads) and even at this moment i have a large amount of black fuzz in my possession that i'm not afraid to use. (others might know the fuzz by the simple name of "cody".)
in RL i'm a reading geek, an old movies geek (think gene kelly and audrey hepburn) and a cheese geek. i love cheese, and chances are, i know more about it than you do. i'm young and foolish and filled with all sorts of trouble-making tendencies, and if you bother me enough i will smite you. *SMITE!* just like that.

Last edited by ceywren (2008-01-21 00:38:30)

"It's not that it's such a mystery
This new-found malaise.
It's just that this mystery
Has taken your place."

-Gordon Downie, Mystery-

#24 2008-01-20 22:57:00

Grinth
Pilgrim
Website

Tad's The Dragonbone Chair has the honor of being the first and only book that I risked detention for in high school, reading it under my desk and hoping the teacher wouldn't notice, all because I was almost finished and I just absolutely HAD to know how it ended.  Needless to say I was hooked and by the end of Otherland Tad had firmly established himself as my favorite author.

I stumbled across Shadowmarch back in the summer of 2001 and haven't ever really left since although I tend to post infrequently. 

I have always had a passion for sci-fi and fantasy, although I must admit I don't get to read nearly as much as I used too.  I have a great love of writing and I'm beginning to think I am never going to out grow video games.  But if I am obsessed with anything it would be film.

I recently received a shiny new Masters of Fine Arts in Film Studies from Boston University and then promptly moved to Los Angeles.  Upon my arrival the whole state caught on fire and then the writers went on strike, so things couldn't be going more swimmingly.

Now I spend my time enjoying my furniture-less apartment, experiencing the joys of temp agencies and continually praying that one morning I will wake up to discover everyone has come to their senses and gotten back to work.

"Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!" -Black Dynamite

#25 2008-01-21 00:27:30

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

spindrift wrote:

I used to lurk around the old smarch boards shortly after it opened, but strayed. Hopefully i'll do better this time :)

I became a fan of tad when i was given a ratty old copy of the Dragonbone Chair, i then read through the rest of the series in very short order, until my eyes were dry and sore and i felt dizzy and sick. He Introduced me to what fantasy could be, instead of the dragonlance and WoT stuff i was previously reading, for which i am forever grateful.

That's cool! Welcome back, Spin! :)

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

Board footer