Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1026 2015-02-07 12:39:07

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Re: Oxygen Bar and Needlework Shop

Very cute :)

Wouldn't the plural form of Olaf be Olaves? ;) - Firsfron of Ronchester

#1027 2015-02-07 13:52:00

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

Ah, that is so cute. Thank you for sharing.

"The evil done by men of goodwill is the worst of all." Iain Pears, The Dream of Scipio

"Where all think alike, no one thinks very much." Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

So, I've got a blog . . . Now what? | A Stitch in Time | The Name Nook

#1028 2015-02-07 15:44:25

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

Cute is the only word. Or adorable! What a novel idea.

#1029 2015-03-18 14:27:44

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

I can tell Spring has sprung. Everything bores me. I'm restless and unfocused. None of the books I'm reading are holding my attention. The only television show which I seem able to focus on is The Musketeers and its season is just about over. I am just so bored bored bored!

"The evil done by men of goodwill is the worst of all." Iain Pears, The Dream of Scipio

#1030 2015-03-18 14:47:02

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

What about Vikings?

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#1031 2015-03-18 19:23:59

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

I watch it more because the Prodigal Son watches it. I haven't really been paying attention to it which probably explains why I feel like I'm watching two different shows when I do focus in. I'm going to have to give it a serious watch to figure out what is going on because characters just don't seem to be acting like themselves from one episode to the next. Or maybe I'm just confabulating the show with whatever I happen to be reading at the time.

I blame it all on Spring. I'll get over it in a couple of weeks. I hope.

#1032 2015-03-24 14:29:42

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

OMG! I feel the need to rant but I'm not going to. Much. Suffice it to say that thanks to the government I now have a different medical insurance plan that I don't like but I had virtually no choice except to take because it is the only one available in my area that allows me to keep the doctors I already have and to get the drugs that I'm already taking. Thanks to it, I've spent the last week trying to find a primary care doctor who is accepting new patients, is on the plan, and can see me within the next two weeks so that the plan can take effect on the first so I won't have to miss my doctor's appointment on the second because the next available appointment she has free isn't until the middle of May. And all that happened because the first new plan I chose didn't actually cover either of my doctors because the link I was provided pointed to the wrong provider list which I didn't find out until I went to my doctor and was told she wasn't on the plan. Thank goodness I had the foresight (or just plain dumb luck) to tell them my insurance was changing effective April 1. ARGH!

#1033 2015-03-24 15:21:35

Em
Mantis

Insurance companies are pure evil.

Yo, ho, yo ho. A pirate's life for me!

#1034 2015-03-24 15:38:23

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Seitherin wrote:

I watch it more because the Prodigal Son watches it. I haven't really been paying attention to it which probably explains why I feel like I'm watching two different shows when I do focus in. I'm going to have to give it a serious watch to figure out what is going on because characters just don't seem to be acting like themselves from one episode to the next. Or maybe I'm just confabulating the show with whatever I happen to be reading at the time.

No, I have noticed this, too.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#1035 2015-03-24 15:57:14

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

Firsfron of Ronchester wrote:

Seitherin wrote:

No, I have noticed this, too.

I did get to rewatch the first few episodes the other day and they made a bit more sense. I admit that I wasn't totally tuned in but I was more attentive than I had been. Some of the behavior I thought was inconsistent really wasn't. There was a lot of manipulation going on in these first few episodes.

#1036 2015-03-24 16:16:16

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

First few season three episodes? Yeah, probably.

#1037 2015-04-04 16:38:39

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a subscription to the two logic puzzle magazines I haunt stores to find. Not sure when the first issues will arrive, but I shall be logically challenged for a year.

#1038 2015-04-05 15:43:55

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

OMG. I just spent the last two hours trying to get my printer to print. Uninstalled/installed I don't know how many times. Diagnostics telling me the printer is working fine which is repeatedly news to me since I couldn't get it to print anything. I'm not sure what I did differently the last time, but I finally got the [bad words] thing to print. And all because I needed to print 6 pages to send the IRS because they wouldn't accept an amended return electronically. Argh!

#1039 2015-05-16 13:01:17

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

I'm having a bit of a bout of reading burnout. Neither of the two books I'm currently reading is holding my attention and nothing I've picked up to replace them with is pulling me in either so I've resorted to video watching. Watched the first season of Daredevil on Netflix. Just the right amount of gritty darkness to fit my mood. Now I'm working my way thru Arrow. I'm about 2/3 done with the first season. Never been much of a DC fan being more a Marvel girl so I never bothered with the show when it first started on network TV. Arrow wants to be dark and gritty but mostly it's just silly. Guy with a smudge of green paint on his face goes around killing people using the excuse that he's saving his city from corruption all the while being broody and damaged and exposing his six pack at least once every episode and having the IT department run an analysis of drug samples. I mean, what IT department doesn't have a mass spectrometer sitting in a bay with its servers, routers, and such. And not only is Mr. Smudgy Six Pack all broody and damaged, everybody else on the show is as well except for the mass spec wielding, defibrillator repairing IT girl who is so positive and perky you have to huff insulin just to make it thru her appearances.

I'll finish out the season and I may even watch the second one since it's on Netflix, but that depends on how the first season ends and/or on how quickly I find something else to distract me.

#1040 2016-11-03 14:52:04

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

Good heavens. I can't believe I've ignored this place for so long. I am a bad girl.

I actually just popped in to say the Prodigal Son and I did our civic duty today by voting. I am pleased to say the booths were set up so that I could park my walker before the machine and sit while I perused the ballot.

We also went out to lunch and I made a piggy of myself. It was unintentional. I had no idea when I ordered a slice of meatloaf I would get a piece large enough to feed two. If I'd had an inkling, I would not have selected three veggies like I normally do when I have the fish which is barely large enough for one.

Oh, well. Full tummy is a good thing.

#1041 2017-01-13 11:26:50

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

Argh!!!!!!! Expletive expletive expletive!!!!!

Woke up to a dead computer yesterday morning. Will not boot. Cannot read disk drive even when it is slaved. Still in the process of getting the new machine up and running.

Grrrr !!!!! Expletive expletive expletive !!!!!

And Win10... Oh, don't get me started. Wouldn't let me set Firefox as my default browser. Wouldn't let me set Chrome as my default browser. Wouldn't let me set Opera as my default browser. Guess what it would let me set... Finally found a work around using the old Win7 Control panel.

Grrrr !!!!! I hate computers !

#1042 2017-01-13 12:12:13

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Huh, that's weird, I never had that problem with W10...

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#1043 2017-01-13 17:16:29

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

I've loaded up two other computers with Win10 and neither one of them had an issue with me setting the default browser to Firefox. Just this one. I have no idea what's different between the three machines except they were upgrades from Win7 to Win10 and this one is Win10 clean install. Maybe I had my head tilted the wrong way while I was loading things and doing stuff and configuring this and that and the other thing.

Oh, well. I've done all the things I can remember to do.

Nope, I just thought of something else I need to do. Need to fix iTunes so I can listen to my music and watch my movies. I don't know why that just popped into my head. Oh, well, back to work...

#1044 2017-01-13 17:58:28

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

Got iTunes straightened out. Now listening to music because I need soothing. ;D

#1045 2017-01-14 06:02:52

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

Fly-by post to conquer the AT

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#1046 2017-01-20 12:31:32

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Had to share this link with all you crafters! http://www.boredpanda.com/workstation-c … f=featured

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#1047 2017-01-20 12:56:18

Magpie
Mantis
Website

That's pretty neat!
(And because of the class I just took, which involved a lot of "arrange everything so that you don't have to move very far", I'm now thinking about how I could adapt that for work.)

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#1048 2017-01-20 17:23:00

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

Oooh. Loverly.

Board footer