Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#626 2014-12-13 07:01:43

Genisis X
Pilgrim

Re: Mooey's Bouncy Castle

Peter wrote:

*waves at Susan, Queen of the Universe*

I love how sometimes old Smarchers just appear out of thin air. This place doesn't let go of people...

*whispers 'One of us. One of us. One of us*

-X

I was going to do more things, but I'm staring uselessly at my computer again...
-Magpie

#627 2014-12-13 23:13:52

Susan Queen of the Univ
Pilgrim

*waves back*
I spent last weekend with mwyaren and we talked a lot about smarch and smarching and smarchmoots and smarchers and it's been on my mind every since. so i popped in.  :)  so nice to see so many familiar names and places.  i never really ever let go of it. or it of me. or whatever....

"I maked these."  -Gall Bladder

#628 2014-12-13 23:38:05

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

We're so glad to see you, Susan! :)

Are you going to WFC 2015 next November? It's in Saratoga Springs, NY, not too far from Connecticut. The theme is "Epic Fantasy". A bunch of us Smarchers are going, and we'd love to meet you.

Tell us about your Mwy weekend! What did you ladies do, besides the aforementioned 'talking about Smarch'?

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#629 2014-12-14 01:04:00

ylvs
Mantis

Everything Firs said!

#630 2014-12-14 02:28:55

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Welcome back, Susan!

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#631 2014-12-14 08:50:34

Susan Queen of the Univ
Pilgrim

I don't know about WFC.  It's a possibility, but it's too far away to plan for right now. 

Mwy invited me to go with her and another friend to a girl's weekend in Stamford.  This was extremely thoughtful and considerate of her considering we hadn't communicated with each other in over two years. We had an AWESOME time.  I showed up Sat morning with 'breakfast.'  Then we decided to do the only girly thing you can do on a cold and rainy Saturday.  We went to the mall.  Did some christmas shopping.  Oohed and aahhed appropriately. Walked until we were exhausted.  Dinner was at a Moroccan restaurant with live music. Actually all the food we ate all weekend was amazing.  Sunday we went to a brewery and made friends with the pourer, toured the brewery, and drank some delicious beer.  I had a terrific time.  I'm so glad she invited me.

#632 2014-12-14 15:21:37

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

'Twas good to see you, indeed, Susaleh :)  You've never been far from my mind, so when I had a handy excuse to see you, I nabbed it.

Firs, Saratoga isn't too far from me, either.  I might have to plan that!  I spent two summers up there for band camp when I was in high school (actually chorus summer school, but "band camp" is more fun to say).

Walter, put the cow away, would you?!

Have a gander at the jewelry I've been making...

#633 2014-12-14 15:26:59

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

Also, I got to thinking that Peter S. Beagle is taking the screening tour for The Last Unicorn back to New York this coming November, and I got excited at the prospect that he's going to be at WFC with it, so I went to the site to see if venues were posted yet.... if you type lastunicorntour.com too fast, you get the word "turnip" in there, whether you like it or not.

#634 2014-12-14 16:28:42

Genisis X
Pilgrim

Susan Queen of the Univ wrote:

*waves back*
I spent last weekend with mwyaren and we talked a lot about smarch and smarching and smarchmoots and smarchers and it's been on my mind every since. so i popped in.  :)  so nice to see so many familiar names and places.  i never really ever let go of it. or it of me. or whatever....

Yea, we don't tend to let go of things. It's what we do. To things. And people. And especially cake. Aint no one getting filthy handses on our cake, dammit!

-X

I was going to do more things, but I'm staring uselessly at my computer again...
-Magpie

#635 2014-12-14 22:05:06

Susan Queen of the Univ
Pilgrim

mmmmm.... cake.
*slaps away the fithy handezes*
*eats cake*

#636 2014-12-14 22:22:47

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Mwyaren wrote:

Firs, Saratoga isn't too far from me, either.  I might have to plan that!  I spent two summers up there for band camp when I was in high school (actually chorus summer school, but "band camp" is more fun to say).

Mwy, I don't know why, but I thought you actually had already been invited/notified about WFC 2015. When we discovered that WFC 2015 would be in upstate New York, our very first reaction was, "We HAVE to tell Mooey!" I think Ylvs was the first one to point this out, but it was on everyone's tongues. I believe Ylvs' exact words were "We HAVE to tell our Little Purple Dragon!"

There definitely will be a Smarch contingent at WFC 2015, and I know many of us would love to meet you (those who haven't already). So really do consider, please!

Susan, thanks for the Smarchmoot report. So cool that Mwy invited you! Sounds like an awesome trip!

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#637 2014-12-15 19:34:33

cyan
Mantis

Firsfron of Ronchester wrote:

I believe Ylvs' exact words were "We HAVE to tell our Little Purple Dragon!"

Sounds about right to me. :-)

Firsfron of Ronchester wrote:

There definitely will be a Smarch contingent at WFC 2015, and I know many of us would love to meet you (those who haven't already). So really do consider, please!

What Firs said!!!

"Never underestimate the power and accuracy of a chicken-chucking trebuchet." ~ Tad

Scrollbearer
Proud Member of the Log Brigade

#638 2014-12-15 23:39:09

ylvs
Mantis

I said that? Brilliant me.

I say it again.

#639 2014-12-15 23:41:24

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Yes you did. We were standing in front of a building right across the street from the Five Guys burger place when you said it.

#640 2014-12-21 16:13:09

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

::lashes tail prettily over being thought of::

Money will be the issue... life is really up in the air right now, so I won't be able to make a solid decision until closer to, but it will likely end up taking priority over the loosely planned trip to New Orleans I'd been tossing about, and that's saying a lot.

Saratoga is a lovely area.... gorgeous old Victorian houses, big lovely trees and whatnot.  Yankee Candle used to have a scent they called Saratoga, and damned if it didn't smell just like it does in real life.  The only thing I wouldn't recommend is drinking the famed spring water in the area, at least not unless you adore sulfur.

#641 2014-12-22 12:37:24

Em
Mantis

****BOING****

Yo, ho, yo ho. A pirate's life for me!

#642 2014-12-22 14:51:48

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Mwyaren wrote:

::lashes tail prettily over being thought of::

Oh yes, we think of you. :)

Money will be the issue... life is really up in the air right now, so I won't be able to make a solid decision until closer to,

Please do consider it. It's not far from you, AND 2015's theme is "Epic Fantasy", AND with TWC coming out a few months after, it seems likely that Tad'll be there, AND you'll get to see several cool Smarchers, AND, AND, AND...

Board footer