Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2004-01-05 16:34:00

strangeshe
Hierarch

Mooey's Bouncy Castle

*grin*

#2 2004-01-05 16:48:00

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

Re: Mooey's Bouncy Castle

wheeee!! ::cartwheels::

Secreted in the woods, behind craggy mountains and knotted trees, beyond the realm which any sensible person would dare to venture, lies a magical place.  A place of wonder and mystery, where the smell of strawberry incense lingers and permeates.  A row of shoes can be found outside the door, and the sounds of laughter can be heard for miles.  This is a place of fun and revelry, a place where one may put aside the woes and worries of adulthood and return, even if only momentarily, to the leisure and freedom of youth.

There is also a small patio with wrought iron and stained glass tables and big cushy chairs.  Lounging languidly in the biggest, cushiest chair is an unusually tall woman in a red and black leather bustier, with a bright red wig that adds nearly a foot to her height.  She rubs her feet and sneers at a pair of rhinestone encrusted platform shoes with six inch heels.  As she laments her fallen arches, you notice an Adam's apple, however demure, betraying her guise.  You learn that her name is Candide Appel, and Mooey the blackberry dragon belongs to her, and something about a bad night in Vegas and never to play blackjack with an old man in a pointy hat.

A creepy guy with too many tattoos and an obvious prison record asks for your ticket.  Upon entering, one can see a small lavender dragon bumbling about, anxiously fluttering her stumpy wings.  She is Mwyaren, which is nearly impossible to pronounce and has come to be known as just Mooey.  She greets you and puffs wafts of smoke which, strangely, smell an awful lot like that strawberry incense you smelled from outside.  And in fact, all who enter are known to bumble about, as this strange and magical place is actually a big rubber bouncy castle, with a yellow floor and blue turrets with red flags. 

Rules for the bouncy castle:

1.  Please remove shoes before entering.
2.  No beverages allowed inside.  Things spill easy.
3.  No breathing fire.  You know, kinda melts the castle.
4.  Careful not to step on that short purple thing, whom you must be at least as tall as to ride this ride.

[ January 05, 2004: Message edited by: Mwyaren ]

Walter, put the cow away, would you?!

Have a gander at the jewelry I've been making...

#3 2004-01-05 17:13:00

fangler
Pilgrim

heeeeee

*bounces*

#4 2004-01-05 18:19:00

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

Miss Candide Appel steps wearily back into her tall, sparkling shoes and strides over to the bouncy castle.  The glittering light distracts our little dragon friend, who bumbles her way to the door and tumbles head over teakettle onto the ground. 

"Silly mauvelous dragon.  Careful of the shoes, wouldja, honey?  They cost more than your scaly self can manage in a year."  Candide reaches into the sudden cloud of nervous strawberry smoke and scoops up the little dragon, carrying her over to the patio to her favorite rainbow glass table to share a blackberry smoothie.  The little dragon sips plaintively, while Candide, ever fierce, admires herself in her shoes.

[ January 05, 2004: Message edited by: Mwyaren ]

#5 2004-01-05 18:21:00

wiggin
Pilgrim
Website

Uhm.  Nice shoes.  *removes his shoes, and attempts this "bouncing" thing, with disastrous results*

Hrm... no signs saying not to feed the dragons...  *hands the dragon a home-made pizza*  And I'm from Chicago, so it's supposed to taste good, too.

Ender

"Tipol aleyhem aimata vafachad.  Lahem... v'lo lachem."
Precursor to something cool

#6 2004-01-05 18:23:00

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

::pokes this "pizza" contraption::

~sniff~

::nibble::  hmm....

do i have to share?

#7 2004-01-05 18:25:00

wiggin
Pilgrim
Website

Of course not.  I made pizzas for everyone.  *smiles*  My pizza sauce actually is pretty good, and my crust isn't that flimsy, pathetic sort you get at most pizza shops.  So maybe it is superlative.  Maybe. ;)

Ender

#8 2004-01-05 18:27:00

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

::scarfs entire pizza::

::looks guiltily at the glaring Candide::

::belches demurely::

oy... strawberry smoke and pizza don't burp good together  ::clutches stomach::

#9 2004-01-05 18:29:00

Miiru
Pilgrim
Website

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

~shoeless~
~boingboingboingboingboingboingboing~

Possibly dangerous for a smutsister, but I'm willing to take the risk ;)

Ted Kennedy in a speedo is just another sign of the coming apocalypse.
-wiked
"He who smelteth it delteth it O LORD."
-bandit

#10 2004-01-05 18:30:00

wiggin
Pilgrim
Website

But that's dessert!  Strawberry shortcake.

#11 2004-01-05 18:32:00

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

Miiru wrote:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

~shoeless~
~boingboingboingboingboingboingboing~

Possibly dangerous for a smutsister, but I'm willing to take the risk ;)

nonono! not dangerous... highly appropriate!  just stay away from the guy with the tattoos...

#12 2004-01-05 20:17:00

Miiru
Pilgrim
Website

~can handle Tattoo Man~
~dares him to incur dragonly ire™~
~much gleeful, toothy grinning~

Ted Kennedy in a speedo is just another sign of the coming apocalypse.
-wiked
"He who smelteth it delteth it O LORD."
-bandit

#13 2004-01-07 10:02:00

Ren
Pilgrim

*runs in shoeles and wearing a vlcro suit*

*BOING!*

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

*caroms randomly off of the castle walls*
*imitates a pinball*
boingboingboingboingboingbaboingbababoing
baboingboingboingbabababababababababoingthump
*get stuck in a corner*
TILT!!!

"Brain makes my math hurt"
- me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal"
- me

#14 2004-01-07 20:15:00

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

::annoyedly puffs smoke in the general direction of Renfield::

::retrieves crowbar from sinister tattooed carnie::

~FFFRRRIIPPP~  *thumpbouncebouncebounce*

now get out of that velcro suit and just bounce like a normal spazz.

::bumbles out::

#15 2004-01-07 22:12:00

FlutePicc
Pilgrim

Aw... Reg swallowed my gleeful post from the other day...

It involved much bouncing and happiness.

*leaves some Cheerios snack mix for Reg*

#16 2004-01-08 00:05:00

Venkelos
Pilgrim

*Hesitatingly takes off his shoes and enters , trying to remember if the house rules extend to last Monday`s socks or not*

*dispenses with socks through the adjacent window. Squirrel coincidentally slips in to a coma*

*or was that slips into Tacoma, which is much the same thing?*

* Hands out blueberry muffins and Lions tickets all round*

WILD MAGIC LADY FORUM

Send a Cow

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
- George Bernard Shaw -

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 -

#17 2004-01-08 05:24:00

Ren
Pilgrim

But if I get out of the velcro suit I'll be nekkid. Perhaps if a change of clothes were availible?
*grins and throws himself to stick against a wall*

Don't mind me I'll just han around!

- me

- me

#18 2004-01-08 08:56:00

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*patters in shoeless after transforming into a human shape to get rid of the quills*

*bounces around like mad*

Yalahii.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#19 2004-01-08 15:01:00

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

ah, yes, thank you for the quill-lessness :)

so here's a topic:

::morphs into Linda Richman::

Topic:  Mount Saint Helen.  Who is Helen, why is she a saint, and why should we mount her?  Discuss.

</Linda Richman>

seriously, here it is, keeping with the theme of the room:  what's your favorite attraction at a fair/carnival/amusement park?

i love the games, especially that thing with all the quarters, where you send one down the chute and there's a bar that pushes it forward and you have to try to make the quarters fall down and there's little prizes and tokens for bigger prizes and stuff? *breathes* you know, those.  that, and the one where everyone picks a color, then someone throws a ball in what looks like a mini wrestling ring and if it lands on your color, you win.

i also looooooove rollercoasters, unless they leave your feet dangling and stuff.  dun like that.

#20 2004-01-08 23:29:00

Venkelos
Pilgrim

I like riding in the dodgem cars and driving at great speed into the sides of the other cars and making people scream and drop their candyfloss. Other than that I like the shooting gallery `cos I can enjoy showing off and winning kudos from my girlfriend for adding to her endless stockpile of cuddly toys.

WILD MAGIC LADY FORUM

Send a Cow

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
- George Bernard Shaw -

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 -

#21 2004-01-09 00:56:00

Sahi
Mantis
Website

I think I would have to say the rollercoasters. And no feet dangling for me either. That just makes me feel waaaayyyy to vulnerable.

But I haven't been to one in a long, long time, so I can't be certain.

Yalahii.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#22 2004-01-12 15:13:00

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

Candide busies herself with a row of blenders, mixing daiquiries in a rainbow of colors.  Pouring a strawberry one for Mwyaren, our little dragon friend puffs happily at the thought of ambrosial sweetness sliding into her gullet.  Then she takes a gulp. 

"Sorry, baby, I think I may have went a little heavy on the rum," bemoans Candide as Mooey turns from her delightful lavender to something a bit closer to puce.

The sweet strawberry smoke curls a little sour as Mooey hugs her tummy and hops down from the chair.  Bumbling off into the woods with more bumping and swaying than a trip into the bouncy castle could create, our little dragon friend ricochets in turn off the bar, the tattooed man, the castle, and a few visitors along her way.

Candide winks at the tattooed man and offers him a drink.  He takes the bottle of rum and strides off to his trailer behind the bouncy castle, chuckling darkly to himself.

[ January 12, 2004: Message edited by: Mwyaren ]

#23 2004-01-13 05:51:00

Ren
Pilgrim

Have to agree with Angelus, though we call'em Bumper Cars here...8)
Lots of fun going for a high-speed ram attack on you friends!
I've also tried Bumper Boats which is almost as fun, and especially on a nice, hot day when the splashing water cools you off just right.
Actually I also like mini golf too!

- me

- me

#24 2004-01-13 05:58:00

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Ooh, those water rollercoaster things! Those are cool! Especially the ones where the people watching are also getting wet. :)

Yalahii.

Scrollbearer

#25 2004-01-13 14:48:00

Mwyaren
Pilgrim
Website

log flumes :) yeah, they're lots of fun.

Board footer