Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-21 00:27:49

Sahi
Mantis
Website

QM - The (not so) stuffed turkey

You walk up to where the Mint is located, only to spot a giant turkey. There is a hole that looks as though it was meant for stuffing, which seems to be the only way in. Carefully you walk inside to be greeted by a sight of a roaring bonfire and a trestle table laden with autumn foods. And of course there is also a bar. The whole affair has a joyous atmosphere and you quickly forget about the strange exterior.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#2 2017-11-21 00:33:59

ylvs
Mantis

Re: QM - The (not so) stuffed turkey

Hahaha, a weird one indeed.

*forgets all about the weirdness*

#3 2017-11-21 00:46:20

Merenwen
Pilgrim

*walks in*

*looks around*

Well, that Mint really is... something else. :D

#4 2017-11-21 03:15:47

Sahi
Mantis
Website

I just couldn't resist. I'm planning on splurging on books again this Thursday. (A local bookstore celebrates Thanksgiving by giving an extra ten percent discount, which goes on top of the ten percent discount my discount card gives me.)

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#5 2017-11-21 04:36:11

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Hurray, it wasn't raining, so I could go for my lunch walk again. Feels so much better after some fresh air!

Scrollbearer

#6 2017-11-21 05:53:45

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*waves good morning*

Yes, really. I slept more than 12 hours. Woke up around noon.

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#7 2017-11-21 06:06:14

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*looks for pumpkin soup*

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#8 2017-11-21 06:18:55

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Ugh, the project is so messed up right now, I'm just simmering. I just can't stop feeling angry.

Scrollbearer

#9 2017-11-21 06:38:30

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Good morning, Peter!

#10 2017-11-21 06:44:08

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Still the one that went live on Friday?

From what I could understand, it seems to be a mess with very bad communication? Whenever you need permissions or anything, it takes forever and they keep changing their minds about what they need?

#11 2017-11-21 06:49:52

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

What a delicious-looking Mint!

*pulls out a knife and fork*

A most excellent idea, Sahi!

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#12 2017-11-21 06:50:32

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

In other news, I will prepare a roast duck again this year.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#13 2017-11-21 06:58:52

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*waves at Firsfron*

#14 2017-11-21 07:04:26

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Yup, the one and only, Peter. We've just had a planning session again. And it's once again vague, with lots of stuff that can't be done by me. And of the five things that I _can_ do, one of them is a very nasty nitpicky task that I really don't want to do, but will probably have to.

Scrollbearer

#15 2017-11-21 07:21:44

Sahi
Mantis
Website

The whole thing makes me crave candy. Which isn't good, as I really should refrain from candy to loose a bit of weight before the holidays. (So I can feel free to gorge myself, guilt-free then.)

Scrollbearer

#16 2017-11-21 08:44:30

Merenwen
Pilgrim

I am a bit discontent with my dermatologist appointment from yesterday. I arrived in time, but the doctor I wanted to see wasn't there - I don't know if he got sick all of a sudden -, and so I was spontaneously sent to another doctor who seemed to be in a hurry, because his explanations were very short and quick. I am unsure what to do now. The treatment would be voluntarily and at my own expense and there is a risk I could get visible scars on my face (I want to get rid of one or two birthmarks), so I will try to get a second opinion. If only the waiting times for appointments weren't this long.

#17 2017-11-21 09:34:00

Magpie
Mantis
Website

My day at work was pretty good, but the way home ruined it a little. I think I'll have to see if I can find an email address to complain, because I'm so fed up with my town's attitude of "cyclists are second-class members of traffic, so never consider them in your planning".

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#18 2017-11-21 09:36:08

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Peter wrote:

*waves at Firsfron*

*waves back*

Still waiting for the Moot report!

#19 2017-11-21 10:15:31

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I'm afraid there's not that much to report. Lily and I were mostly hanging out, talking, watching Doctor Who and as noted above, buying new clothes for me. And the time in Linz was mostly spent talking along with a short trip to Magpie's Magical Nursery, where she was so gracious as to show us around :)

#20 2017-11-21 10:34:00

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Or maybe I used all my wit for Kassel and need a year or two to recharge.

#21 2017-11-21 11:37:26

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

*walks into the mint carrying a pumpkin cake* well, this mint looks really delicious!

Today I overslept for the first time in ages. I was sleeping in my home office (neighbour of doom was having tons guest again. He had the house to himself the whole Saturday, but as it seems, this was not enough *grrrrr*) and somehow managed to not hear the tablet alarm. *sigh*

#22 2017-11-21 11:50:43

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*waves at Kia*

That sounds like a very annoying night :/ . I hope your wellness escape for the last party worked out better?

#23 2017-11-21 12:12:23

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

*waves back at Peter*

the wellness escape was nice - the hotel had a few weak points but taking the price into consideration, it was fine. However, the weather was so terrible that we quit the short walk we were taking because we were freezing. I did heat up in the sauna alone though; Kia-mom can't stand the heat due to her health problems and the pool was closed (which we only learned during check-in).

The best part about the trip was the breakfast we had in a very lovely vegetarian café. They make a great hot chocolate and their own bread. (^__________^) *is rambling about food just as always*

The crazy thing is: this weekend I will go to a (long planned) wellness trip with my best friend. I should be all relaxed when the holiday season starts ;-)

Last edited by Kia (2017-11-21 12:13:47)

#24 2017-11-21 12:35:51

Merenwen
Pilgrim

I am glad you could escape your stupid neighbour over the weekend at least, Kia. He really is a total asshole, it seems. :/

Have fun on your next wellness trip. This sounds like a good plan to me. :)

#25 2017-11-21 12:42:18

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Feeling kind of grumpy and anxious about everything today. But at least I made myself write, so I didn't fall even more behind on NaNo.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

Board footer