Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-10-19 05:37:13

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Re: QM - The Moot Recovery Station

Good luck :)

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#27 2017-10-19 05:41:29

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Thanks. Although hanging out here is much better. :)

#28 2017-10-19 06:12:16

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I wish that paid the bills...

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#29 2017-10-19 06:51:09

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Peter wrote:

I wish that paid the bills...

In a Smarch commune, maybe?

The meeting ended faster than I expected. Now I am even more tired and I don't like to go back to my tasks anymore. I still have two hours left before Feierabend though.

#30 2017-10-19 07:15:17

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

*waves at weary Moot-goers*

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#31 2017-10-19 07:30:18

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*waves at busy Firsfron*

#32 2017-10-19 08:10:39

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*waves*

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#33 2017-10-19 08:28:51

Merenwen
Pilgrim

*joins the waving*

Almost time to go gome...

My mother has been to her doctor again, to speak with her about what to do now. I hope it is not too bad.

Last edited by Merenwen (2017-10-19 08:32:08)

#34 2017-10-19 11:23:43

Rook
Mantis
Website

I used to hang around another pop culture website quite a bit.  Last year, they were bought by a very large corporation that had been involved in a scandal regarding another website.  The website I used the comment on suddenly started changing.  It was fine, at first, but everyone finally reached the breaking point just before summer last year when they integrated the old website into the corporate structure.

Anyway, most of the regular commenters jumped ship and decided to just use a message board service to chat about stuff we all used to chat about. 

Yesterday, a huge development: we're going to organize ourselves into an all new pop culture website.  Everyone was ecstatic and I decided to sign on as a writer.

I'm thinking of maybe doing book reviews there, but I haven't decided yet.  I'll let the guys running the whole thing get first dibs on stuff.  (It's not a free endeavor.  Apparently, a lot of money was involved... but one of the veterans who liked the old site decided to pony up the cash to get the site running for a year.  I figure those guys who had the biggest stakes should determine the tenor of the site first.  Still... I don't think anyone's really stepped up for book reviews yet.)

It's all pretty exciting.  The message board service generally got 4K comments per thread, so there's a devoted audience there.

“The past,” they say, “is now truly like a foreign country. They do things exactly the same there.” --- Douglas Adams

Rooktopia! (Personal)

#35 2017-10-19 11:28:35

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

You always seem to have new projects, Rook!

I hope this works out for you :)

#36 2017-10-19 11:34:57

Rook
Mantis
Website

Peter wrote:

You always seem to have new projects, Rook!

I hope this works out for you :)

Thanks!

It’s almost a mission of mine, since the original pop culture site that we all abandoned was my original and direct inspiration for my old blog.

“The past,” they say, “is now truly like a foreign country. They do things exactly the same there.” --- Douglas Adams

Rooktopia! (Personal)

#37 2017-10-19 11:42:00

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Can't make the livestream from Stuttgart work on mobile devices, in fact I can't even find it in the Youtube app. Sitting at my PC now.

#38 2017-10-19 12:37:11

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*waves some more* Took the afternoon off to relax, but I kinda failed at that... Went to fetch my sewing machine, got some groceries, and did two loads of laundry... Oh well, at least I won't have to do that tomorrow.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#39 2017-10-19 12:39:47

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Whoops. I should have done some laundry myself. Not that I need any of it immediately, but it's piling up.

#40 2017-10-19 13:14:29

Diorna
Pilgrim

Merenwen wrote:

*joins the waving*

Almost time to go gome...

My mother has been to her doctor again, to speak with her about what to do now. I hope it is not too bad.

I'm hoping with you!

(And please tell me, it's not breast cancer!)

#41 2017-10-19 13:19:09

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I do not know of the current problem of course, but Merenwen's mother struggles with COPD, so it is probably related to that.

#42 2017-10-19 13:27:42

Magpie
Mantis
Website

*more hugs for Merenwen*

I'm really sad about not being in Stuttgart right now. Also, given how bad I'm with faces, isn't it funny how easy the backs of people's heads are to recognise?

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#43 2017-10-19 13:29:23

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

From the Tad Q&A:

Q: Do you think you would have made a good Rock Star?
A: Well... Yeah!

#44 2017-10-19 13:32:02

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Magpie wrote:

I'm really sad about not being in Stuttgart right now. Also, given how bad I'm with faces, isn't it funny how easy the backs of people's heads are to recognise?

With a bit of light it would not be too hard, since I've seen some of them so recently, but as is I am only sure about Deborah with her sunglasses.

#45 2017-10-19 13:33:31

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I saw Lily earlier, to her right.

And now the stream doesn't work any more.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough

#46 2017-10-19 13:34:23

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Diorna wrote:

I'm hoping with you!

It is breast cancer. I don't know how bad it is yet, because she has the appointment to speak about it with the doctor tomorrow. I messed this up, I thought it was today.

#47 2017-10-19 13:34:39

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

It's back now. Refresh if it doesn't resume automatically.

#48 2017-10-19 13:36:03

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I'm so sorry Merenwen :(
*hugs yet again*

#49 2017-10-19 13:40:43

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I hope it has been detected in an early stage and can be treated easily, so as not to tax your mother's weak constitution too much.

#50 2017-10-19 13:48:54

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Merenwen wrote:

Diorna wrote:

I'm hoping with you!

It is breast cancer. I don't know how bad it is yet, because she has the appointment to speak about it with the doctor tomorrow. I messed this up, I thought it was today.

Oh no, Merenwen! *lots more hugs to you and your mother*

- Tad

Board footer