Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-09-22 12:24:31

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Re: QM - The new office

ylvs wrote:

*seriously wonders how she earned that title*

Just felt right this morning.
You are someone who commands and organises, though not in a militaristic way.

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#52 2017-09-22 12:24:47

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Merenwen wrote:

We have a surgery appointment for tomorrow. I am so scared for my little one. Cross your fingers for him.

*crosses fingers really hard*

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#53 2017-09-22 13:33:00

Mortola
Pilgrim

We have arrived and so far it's nice enough. We'll see how tomorrow goes...

I'm my own evil twin.

This is an outpost of the Mint. Therefore logic is forbidden.

#54 2017-09-22 15:30:47

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*waves at the evil bird*
Glad you got there safely :)

#55 2017-09-23 00:01:35

cyan
Mantis

Marian wrote:

*waves*

Cyan, welcome to the curly hair club! Sooo easy to care for, just scrunch and go. Can be a cute bob, or layered a little longer. Or you can be lazy like me and do pony tails a lot. :)

Hey Marian!!!

To be clear, I use the term "curly" as comparative to what my hair used to be (ie, super straight).  So it's not nearly as curly as your hair, Marian, but curly enough to where I cannot predict where it may or may not turn.  Every morning is discovery of how might my hair go today?  Also, not yet long enough to tie into a ponytail.  :-(

"Never underestimate the power and accuracy of a chicken-chucking trebuchet." ~ Tad

Scrollbearer
Proud Member of the Log Brigade

#56 2017-09-23 06:42:05

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*waves at Cyan*

It's interesting that your hair grew back a little different from before. I hope it will get more managable as it grows longer.

#57 2017-09-23 07:37:28

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Oh god, I am so done for today... The surgery of my guinea pig took one hour. I was so nervous while I waited for the phone call at home that I distracted myself with eating everything I found in the fridge... But well, he survived the surgery and I think we definitely found the cause why he could not eat. It was a big abscess in his throat. The vet had to remove a lymph node to reach that thing, and she showed me a photo of the suppurative focus afterwards. He must have been in such a great pain! I feel so bad that I let him suffer for three weeks just because none of the other vets could find the cause. I wasted so much money and energy for wrong diagnoses and treatments.

He is very tired now, and he has a drainage hanging out of his open throat, which is bothering him a lot. I hope it stays where it is until we go back to the vet on monday. And I also hope that everything is going to be fine now. We have antibiotics and pain killers for him.

#58 2017-09-23 07:46:56

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*more crossing of fingers*

Poor little guinea pig :(

#59 2017-09-23 10:47:52

ylvs
Mantis

All the best for your pet, Merenwen!

*hugs*

#60 2017-09-23 14:34:50

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*gently feeds the little guinea Outlet a mush of golden jelly beans*

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#61 2017-09-23 16:21:16

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

guinea Outlet? :)

*adds many more wishes for Merenwen's little one*

*adds belated glitter for Ylvs' move up to the 13th floor*

*adds hoorays for wavy Cyan-hair*

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#62 2017-09-23 16:52:23

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Just how high can we build this skyscraper before it all comes down?

Finally making some progress on the Witchwood crown. Read 40 pages yesterday and another 40 today, with a few more to come (I hope). That's exactly the pace I need to finish the book before I leave. Of course I'll have to lug it around anyway for signing, so I can finish it while travelling if need be.

#63 2017-09-24 00:45:26

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Peter wrote:

Just how high can we build this skyscraper before it all comes down?

Good question. Hopefully, we get to 1,000,000 before then.

Finally making some progress on the Witchwood crown. Read 40 pages yesterday and another 40 today, with a few more to come (I hope).

YAY!

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#64 2017-09-24 02:11:50

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Outlet was supposed to have been piglet!

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#65 2017-09-24 03:52:23

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Just harvested some of my last vegetables and pulled out all the weeds. Almost ready for winter. There's one last harvest of carrots and leek, and a few more pots that have to be emptied.

Scrollbearer

#66 2017-09-24 06:54:58

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Am home, am tired, do not want to make words yet.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#67 2017-09-24 07:02:06

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Welcome home, enjoy the quiet time :)

#68 2017-09-24 08:14:44

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Sahi wrote:

Outlet was supposed to have been piglet!

Oh, that one I understood! I just thought it was a funny and very cute autocorrect!

#69 2017-09-24 09:07:54

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Yeah, I'm still not fluent at this swipe thing. :)

Scrollbearer

#70 2017-09-24 09:11:04

ylvs
Mantis

Another hour and we know how many far right assholes will become members of the German parliament.

*sighs*

#71 2017-09-24 10:11:12

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Still very few compared to any other European country. I wonder how your coalition is going to look like though.

#72 2017-09-24 10:18:21

metalhead4life
Pilgrim

*steps into the office and sits in one of the chairs.* *waves to the minty people*
Hi guys!

#73 2017-09-24 10:25:32

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Hey metalhead, it's been a while!

Have you fully recovered from the accident?

#74 2017-09-24 10:53:32

metalhead4life
Pilgrim

Peter wrote:

Hey metalhead, it's been a while!

Have you fully recovered from the accident?

Hey peter! And yes, for the most part. The 5th of October will make the one year anniversary of that nastiness. My bones are healed, and I've returned to work, and have been working like a dog since trying to make up for lost finances and some of the debt I incurred. I missed two days last week from a kidney infection that the Dr thinks might've been from complications with my accident but it was minor so some anti biotics and nausea medication so I can keep water down.
Despite my bones being healed I get pretty bad joint pain from weather changes but this is Arizona so thankfully not Much rain =D

#75 2017-09-24 10:55:26

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

How's life otherwise?

Board footer