Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-09-21 11:49:54

Diorna
Pilgrim

Re: QM - The new office

ylvs wrote:

And Diorna. I think a playground is no place that requires makeup or dressup or anyup.

*nods*

*snorts*
Tell that to the stepford wives assemblage ... no, I think it was me. Underdressed for the playground. *sigh*

Yay, Magpie! I always feel so much better when that recycling center stuff is gone!

#27 2017-09-21 11:55:26

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I've watered my plants and packed my stuff for this weekend. Very resentfully. Now, vacuuming.

Not sure I want to bake. I was thinking I'd bring some cake to work and to Munich, but I already have too much stuff to carry tomorrow. And I need to walk to the train station instead of taking the bike, because LG will pick me up from work and we'll go to Munich from there, so I'd have to leave the bike at the train station, and then I would definitely forget about it and leave too late on Monday, and stand in the bicycle room wondering if someone stole my bike, and then miss my train.

Whoops. That was a long sentence.

Anyway. It's still early, so I don't really have an excuse not to bake... and I could ask LG to stop by my place before he comes to pick me up and bring the cake with him.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#28 2017-09-21 12:30:59

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

*waves*

Cyan, welcome to the curly hair club! Sooo easy to care for, just scrunch and go. Can be a cute bob, or layered a little longer. Or you can be lazy like me and do pony tails a lot. :)

#29 2017-09-21 12:58:23

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*waves*

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#30 2017-09-21 13:07:48

Magpie
Mantis
Website

*licks a bowl*

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough

#31 2017-09-21 14:03:16

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Ooh, did it work?

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#32 2017-09-21 14:10:44

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Did what work? The licking? The baking?

I know this is a thing my brain does, but it still always surprises me how much better and more comfortable I feel in a room that is properly clean. I like being in my kitchen so much right now. I can go in and just look around and feel better.

- Tad

#33 2017-09-21 15:19:01

Rook
Mantis
Website

Two people across from us are selling their houses.  (It's a pretty new development we live in, so it's kinda concerning.)  Anyway, I suggested we buy them and then build tunnels.

My wife laughed.  But come on... how would that not be the most awesome thing ever.

“The past,” they say, “is now truly like a foreign country. They do things exactly the same there.” --- Douglas Adams

Rooktopia! (Personal)

#34 2017-09-21 16:23:30

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

And make a copy of castle black?

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#35 2017-09-21 22:56:30

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Busy, busy, busy, preparing the last few things for this stupid Munich trip. (No, I still don't want to go.)

- Tad

#36 2017-09-22 00:00:55

ylvs
Mantis

Gmaen Mint.

You'll find something good in the weekend, Magpie.Try to be as chilled as possible!

*huggles*

#37 2017-09-22 00:01:35

ylvs
Mantis

And I miss my well deserved glitter so much.

*sobs*

#38 2017-09-22 01:01:30

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*glitters ylvs for 13k* Welcome to the 13th floor!

Scrollbearer

#39 2017-09-22 01:47:38

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*rolls out the glitter cannon*
*salutes*
*fires*

Congratulations, General Ylvs!

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#40 2017-09-22 02:16:52

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*waves good morning*

I needed to be up at a reasonable time today and I slept almost enough, so maybe I can claw back a few hours today. Slowly getting into The Witchwood Crown, though as usual I am having a hard time starting on a book.

Some of the early dialogue doesn't work for me at all, though I will most likely get used to the "voices" in a bit.

#41 2017-09-22 02:18:41

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Also need to decide what I will play next.

Might be Thief - The Dark Project, or Dark Souls, or maybe I will resume Borderlands 2.

#42 2017-09-22 04:25:03

Magpie
Mantis
Website

*yawn*

I feel slightly less negative about this trip than I did a few days ago, but I still wish I could go home to my bed and sleep as long as I want, without thinking of other people or plans.

- Tad

#43 2017-09-22 04:33:17

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Best of luck with the trip, Magpie!
Hope it works out alright :)

#44 2017-09-22 07:15:42

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Rook wrote:

Two people across from us are selling their houses.  (It's a pretty new development we live in, so it's kinda concerning.)  Anyway, I suggested we buy them and then build tunnels.

My wife laughed.  But come on... how would that not be the most awesome thing ever.

Spooky.... I have a coworker who, when the house behind them went up for sale, told us him & his wife jokingly talked about buying it and building a tunnel between the two.

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#45 2017-09-22 08:25:40

ylvs
Mantis

Sahi wrote:

*glitters ylvs for 13k* Welcome to the 13th floor!

Thankee!

*bathes in glitter*

It's my second fav floor!

#46 2017-09-22 08:26:42

ylvs
Mantis

Peter wrote:

*rolls out the glitter cannon*
*salutes*
*fires*

Congratulations, General Ylvs!

*dances in glitter*

*seriously wonders how she earned that title*

#47 2017-09-22 08:33:33

ylvs
Mantis

Peter wrote:

Slowly getting into The Witchwood Crown, though as usual I am having a hard time starting on a book.

Some of the early dialogue doesn't work for me at all, though I will most likely get used to the "voices" in a bit.

I know what you mean, Peter. I felt like that as well when I read the very first manuscript. Simon and Miri just did not sound right. It was much better the second time though. now I wonder if so much really changed inbetween manuscripts or if it was just because it was a reread then and I was used to their older selves by then. Interesting question.

#48 2017-09-22 08:38:26

ylvs
Mantis

Magpie wrote:

*yawn*

I feel slightly less negative about this trip than I did a few days ago, but I still wish I could go home to my bed and sleep as long as I want, without thinking of other people or plans.

Now, that's a start. Have you found out where the botanical garden is? You really should have a lovely Autumn afternoon there while everybody else is going to stupidly crowded Oktoberfest.

#49 2017-09-22 08:50:15

ylvs
Mantis

Ad1tu wrote:

Rook wrote:

Spooky.... I have a coworker who, when the house behind them went up for sale, told us him & his wife jokingly talked about buying it and building a tunnel between the two.

I live in a trerrace house (Row house? Town house? No idea about the right translation), they were built 100 years ago for the  staff of the hospital across the street. All houses have three windows on the outside but inisde there were doctor's houses with two rooms per floor (4 windows)  and nurses houses with one room (two windows). Over the decades owners actually sold rooms to each other sometimes even whole houses. I would love to have the opportunity to buy an additional room. Not very likely though ... not that I should complain ...

#50 2017-09-22 11:18:17

Merenwen
Pilgrim

We have a surgery appointment for tomorrow. I am so scared for my little one. Cross your fingers for him.

Board footer