Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-02 22:16:24

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

TWC favorite scenes? *TWC spoilers*

What are yours?

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#2 2017-08-03 03:48:49

JustCharlotte
Pilgrim

Re: TWC favorite scenes? *TWC spoilers*

The 'bring back some meat' scene. :-)

#3 2017-08-03 04:56:38

ajl3
Pilgrim

All of Chapter 10 for the beautiful grave imagery, the intensity of the violence, the surreal Harp and Well and Lightless Ones, plus even sneaking in a twist...it really feels like you're right there with Viyeki, baffled and horrified.

#4 2017-08-03 14:47:17

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

ajl3 wrote:

All of Chapter 10 for the beautiful grave imagery, the intensity of the violence, the surreal Harp and Well and Lightless Ones, plus even sneaking in a twist...it really feels like you're right there with Viyeki, baffled and horrified.

That is a very intense chapter, but far too spooky to be my favorite.

I love the scene of Tzoja walking to the lake house. That scene is just so beautifully written.

I also love the hide and seek scene. I never expected that.

And I love the Lantern Bridge scene, seeing the reuniting of old friends.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#5 2017-08-07 20:36:31

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

What other scenes do you guys like?

#6 2017-08-08 03:07:43

Merenwen
Pilgrim

My favorite scenes? Let me think…

I absolutely agree with ajl3. Chapter 10 was one of the strongest chapters in the book. The atmosphere and imagery was intense.

I also liked the Lantern Bridge scene, when Simon just rushed off to meet Binabik.

Tzoja walking to the Lake House was also a beautiful scene.

I also enjoyed the chapter where Tzoja had dinner with Khimabu. You know, with the puking ermine. :D That really was suspenseful! When the ermine started throwing up the food that Tzoja passed to it, I felt as sick as her! I mean, poisoning the rival right after Viyeki leaves is a bit suspicious, isn’t it? Even when it turned out that the pet had just overeaten, the shock lasted. I hope Khimabu won’t find Tzoja when she is hiding in the lake house. That lady knows how to play mind games. I am not sure if I want to find out what other things she is capable of.

Even if Morgan isn’t exactly my favorite character, I liked the ice skating and mountain climbing scenes together with Snenneq. He is quite an entertaining guy. :)

I liked the coversations between Nezeru und Jarnulf, and also Jarnulf’s arguments with Makho. Makho might be the boss, but Jarnulf is way smarter than him. :D

And the fight against the ice dragon(s) was cool! What a surprise to see dragon offspring! Looks like there are more dragons than it was known. 

I am sure I forgot some scenes.

Last edited by Merenwen (2017-08-08 03:10:32)

#7 2017-08-08 08:03:31

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Merenwen wrote:

I also enjoyed the chapter where Tzoja had dinner with Khimabu. You know, with the puking ermine. :D That really was suspenseful! When the ermine started throwing up the food that Tzoja passed to it, I felt as sick as her! I mean, poisoning the rival right after Viyeki leaves is a bit suspicious, isn’t it? Even when it turned out that the pet had just overeaten, the shock lasted. I hope Khimabu won’t find Tzoja when she is hiding in the lake house. That lady knows how to play mind games. I am not sure if I want to find out what other things she is capable of.

I loved the Puking Ermine Scene™, too. As you say, it was full of suspense. I really wonder if Khimabu doesn't secretly know about the lake house; if she does, Tzoja better watch out.

And the fight against the ice dragon(s) was cool! What a surprise to see dragon offspring! Looks like there are more dragons than it was known.

Yes, the dragon scenes were awesome and somewhat unexpected.

#8 2017-08-23 04:42:45

ajl3
Pilgrim

Aelin's one and only chapter: it has a lot of very ominous buildup despite nothing being outwardly wrong at first. The massive storm on its way, the mysteriously occupied tower...it's another spooky scene that has you realizing that within pages that *something* is wrong. The sudden POV switch to Viyeki is thrilling, too, as we get more beautiful imagery of high up over Osten Ard and the inside of the space-tunnel.

#9 2017-08-23 13:44:53

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

ajl3 wrote:

Aelin's one and only chapter: it has a lot of very ominous buildup despite nothing being outwardly wrong at first. The massive storm on its way, the mysteriously occupied tower...it's another spooky scene that has you realizing that within pages that *something* is wrong. The sudden POV switch to Viyeki is thrilling, too, as we get more beautiful imagery of high up over Osten Ard and the inside of the space-tunnel.

That really is a great chapter. *needs to re-read sometime soon*

Board footer