Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-18 00:22:03

Sahi
Mantis
Website

QM - the Master Gardener's garden

Because magpie is awesome, what more needs to be said? Of right, the bar is over there in the shade of those trees!

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#2 2017-06-18 04:14:43

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Re: QM - the Master Gardener's garden

*toasts to the awesome master gardener*

And speaking of toast, I have run out of bread. I already baked that ciabatta I thought I still had. Whoops.

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#3 2017-06-18 04:30:57

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Awesomeness and fabulousness in spades and spades :-)

*toasts the Mistress of Gardens*

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#4 2017-06-18 04:36:28

Magpie
Mantis
Website

*grins and blushes a bit*

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#5 2017-06-18 06:13:02

Merenwen
Pilgrim

*toasts*

#6 2017-06-18 06:23:36

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*waves at Merenwen*
So what is this plantinum trophy?

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#7 2017-06-18 06:29:31

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Peter wrote:

*waves at Merenwen*
So what is this plantinum trophy?

*waves back*

Most console games nowadays have these trophies you can earn during your playthrough. Some of them are earned automatically by progressing through story chapters, fighting regular bosses and so on. Others are optional and harder to achieve. That is why they are divided in bronze (the regular ones) and silver and gold trophies. When you have collected all of them in a game, you get the platinum as proof that you have completed the game.

I am usually not a trophy hunter, as I am content with just finishing the game, because sometimes there really are stupid and annoying tasks you have to do. But since the ones in Bloodborne are really doable (like collecting all weapons and tools, fighting all optional bosses which I am doing anyway and unlocking all three endings) and there aren't many missing anymore, I just want it now. :)

#8 2017-06-18 06:32:57

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I expected it to be something like that, but I did not know what was involved.
You've beaten the game already then?

#9 2017-06-18 06:39:33

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Peter wrote:

I expected it to be something like that, but I did not know what was involved.
You've beaten the game already then?

Not yet. I can go to the final boss, but I am doing a bunch of optional dungeons right now to unlock the way to the last, very well hidden optional boss. After that I am done with the optional stuff and I will fight the final boss to unlock the first ending. I can rush through New Game + for the other endings then.

#10 2017-06-18 07:04:41

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

To the master gardener!  may the force prosper with you even when winter is coming.

Last edited by Kenan (2017-06-18 09:09:10)

Wouldn't the plural form of Olaf be Olaves? ;) - Firsfron of Ronchester

#11 2017-06-18 08:24:11

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

*toasts with her actual breakfast toast*

Another warm day, though we're supposed to get pop up showers and/or thunderstorms. Right now it's just sunny and windy. The rain clouds we saw on our way home this morning have magically disappeared.

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#12 2017-06-18 12:02:49

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Now trying to crochet a basket. I was trying for a diamond pattern on the side, but my yarn was too thick. Now making a new attempt (same yarn, but longer stitches -treble instead of double-).

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#13 2017-06-18 12:30:31

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

Are you putting it on a basket, or do you have a way to make it stiff?

I've been crocheting a scarf, just to.have something to do in between projects. But I don't need it or know anyone who needs another scarf!

#14 2017-06-18 12:54:36

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Today with Squirrel:

"I don't want to walk any more, my feet hurt."
"Fine, walk on your hands then."

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough

#15 2017-06-18 16:35:36

subphonic
Pilgrim

I have free time! Partner's degree is finished, charity exhibition is finished...and relax :) Might do some doodling for actual fun!

#16 2017-06-18 16:46:46

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Yay for free time!

#17 2017-06-18 17:01:44

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

*drops into mint*

Amazing place this! *bows to the grand master of all gardens*

*belated waves back at Firs*

I actually have nothing to say.... think sometime today my brain melted or something...

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#18 2017-06-18 17:12:56

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*hands Libra brain some ice cream*

#19 2017-06-18 17:52:58

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

*lol* That's adorable, Magpie!

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#20 2017-06-18 23:56:50

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I got up early to spray more plants.... soooo tired now....

- Tad

#21 2017-06-19 00:30:39

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Marian, the basket will be a mixture of hooked zpaggetti and triple yarn. I'm using an 8 mm crochet hook. It really doesn't need anything to make it more stiff. But I'm also using a diamond pattern that makes it even more stiff. I had to change the original pattern as my yarn was too thick. (It used a double crochet, and I'm now using a treble crochet.)

Scrollbearer

#22 2017-06-19 01:17:18

Merenwen
Pilgrim

*waves good morning*

Another day in a far too warm office. I certainly don't have proper clothes for these hot temperatures. And I am not feeling well. Apparently there was something wrong with our dinner yesterday. I spare you the details, but I spent half of the night in the bathroom, if you know what I mean.

#23 2017-06-19 01:55:21

Sahi
Mantis
Website

If at all possible, get yourself back home! Being ill is horrible, but being ill in a place that is too hot is unbearable. *gives an icy hug*

Scrollbearer

#24 2017-06-19 02:24:57

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I hope you'll feel better as the day goes on, Merenwen :-(
Bathroom nights are the worst...

#25 2017-06-19 03:00:37

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Wearing a dress today. It's predicted to become 30 degrees (Celcius). I've also brought sun cream to protect my (very white) skin during my lunch walk.

Scrollbearer

Board footer