Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-05-09 17:30:59

Jeremy_Erman
Pilgrim

Re: My great adventure!

Wow! Congratulations, Magpie!

#27 2017-05-10 01:15:55

Auros
Pilgrim
Website

Wow, cool!  Congrats on moving towards becoming your own boss. :-)

Irreverent Father Auros, High Priest of the Church of Erotic Pantheism
the Aurosphere -- Me, myself, and I.
Strange Horizons -- Your weekly source for speculative fiction.
The Resistance wants YOU to defend humanity from Alien Mind Control!

#28 2017-05-10 02:12:43

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

That sounds awesome, Magpie! Congrats!

#29 2017-05-10 13:04:31

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Thanks, everyone!

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#30 2017-05-12 06:21:41

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

A very nice second blog post, Magpie! :)

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#31 2017-05-12 10:50:51

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Thanks!

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough

#32 2017-05-13 01:43:55

Tad
Hierarch
Website

I hope it's a wonderful, wonderful adventure.  Like all such, it will probably have its dire moments, but you have an ample raiding party here and in RL, from what you've said, so I have confidence you will soldier through to at least a Tad-style happy ending -- not perfect, but a hell of a lot better than getting eaten by something.

Nah.  You'll do great.

Love and best wishes to your new (green)house from ours.

"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours."

-- Dylan

#33 2017-05-13 05:27:00

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I'd set up some Bukken defenses in your place, Magpie...

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#34 2017-05-20 05:23:57

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Did you write the blog post? If so, how do I access it with the password you so kindly sent? :)

Wouldn't the plural form of Olaf be Olaves? ;) - Firsfron of Ronchester

#35 2017-05-20 14:05:41

Auros
Pilgrim
Website

Peter wrote:

I'd set up some Bukken defenses in your place, Magpie...

Heh, I just was meeting with a termite inspector at our new place.  Termites seem a bit like tiny, tiny bukken.  They hide in the soil, and sneak up to eat your house. :-/

Irreverent Father Auros, High Priest of the Church of Erotic Pantheism
the Aurosphere -- Me, myself, and I.
Strange Horizons -- Your weekly source for speculative fiction.
The Resistance wants YOU to defend humanity from Alien Mind Control!

#36 2017-05-20 14:24:26

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Oh god, imagine ghants instead of aphids...

Kenan, if you go to nettlenursery.wordpress.com and scroll down a little, you should see "protected: [post title]" followed by a field for the password.

- Tad

#37 2017-05-20 14:39:39

Magpie
Mantis
Website

New blog post, by the way.

- Tad

#38 2017-05-20 14:48:32

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Magpie wrote:

Kenan, if you go to nettlenursery.wordpress.com and scroll down a little, you should see "protected: [post title]" followed by a field for the password.

Thanks! (And thanks, Kenan, for asking the question I was wondering myself).

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#39 2017-05-21 01:13:00

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Magpie wrote:

Ooooh, I went to that other website of yours. Thanks!

Wouldn't the plural form of Olaf be Olaves? ;) - Firsfron of Ronchester

#40 2017-05-21 03:19:35

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Whoops. Guess I should have made it clearer that it was a new blog.

- Tad

#41 2017-06-02 13:27:38

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Just posted a new blog post.

- Tad

#42 2017-06-02 13:39:23

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Thanks for the heads up. Another excellent post!

#43 2017-07-13 23:51:52

Magpie
Mantis
Website

- Tad

#44 2017-07-14 03:02:08

Sahi
Mantis
Website

So exciting!

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#45 2017-11-29 13:19:58

Magpie
Mantis
Website

After many months, I have finally written another blog post to sum up all the things that are going on currently. I'm not sure how interesting it is to read, because it was written out of about 20% intent to update you guys on everything, 40% desperation to write words that I am bloody well going to count towards my NaNoWriMo wordcount, and 40% need to write it all out to feel a little less anxious.

Password is the same as it was, let me know if you don't have it/lost it or something.

- Tad

#46 2017-11-29 13:54:29

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

That is a lot of stuff going on indeed.
And I don't think there are many people well versed in creating companies. After all your boss and his wife created their company ages ago, so they'll have forgotten just about everything and whatever they do remember is out of date.

#47 2017-11-29 22:27:44

Magpie
Mantis
Website

True.
I'm still going to worry that I will do something wrong and it will be impossible to fix...

- Tad

#48 2017-11-30 00:04:57

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Well, at least a website is something that can wait for a little while. There will be no major red alert if that isn't in place on the first of January. *hugs*

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#49 2017-11-30 00:07:56

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

I am too stupid to figure out what the password was.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#50 2017-11-30 01:26:52

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Wow, that really is a lot of stuff going on, Magpie. I would be overwhelmed as well. Fortunately you have people at your side to support you and help you with figuring all this stuff out. I am sure you can go through this and everything will be fine in the end. Good luck! :)

Board footer