Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-05-27 11:13:14

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Re: QM - Episode 4: A New Home

And now my throat hurts from eating fresh pineapple. Meaning I can't have that melon for dessert. *Pouts* (As it would make things worse.)

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#27 2017-05-27 13:01:42

Sahi
Mantis
Website

So instead I went and had ice cream​. On the way back we noticed some big dark clouds, which turned out to be some. A major fire in the Amsterdam harbor area.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#28 2017-05-27 13:21:54

Magpie
Mantis
Website

De-chaos-ified the apartment a bit, but still sooo much to do (but now I'm at LG's place and "forced" to rest.)

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#29 2017-05-27 13:40:54

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Hope you can endure the rest, Magpie :D

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#30 2017-05-27 13:52:33

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Hurray to less chaos! And hurray to forced resting too!

I couldn't quite finish the buttonhole band today. And then I still have to do the button band too. But it's getting somewhere.

Scrollbearer

#31 2017-05-27 14:10:27

Magpie
Mantis
Website

And now my jaw and head hurt from lying on a hard/lumpy pillow while watching a documentary with LG... should probably go to bed soon and hope that I'll feel better tomorrow.

I was going to read (and hopefully finally finish TWC), but I don't think I'll be able to focus.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough

#32 2017-05-27 14:13:21

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

That sounds like the typical "I am in an uncomfortable position, yet I am too tired to move" situation. I hope you'll be all relaxed and good as new tomorrow!

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#33 2017-05-27 14:20:14

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Peter wrote:

That sounds like the typical "I am in an uncomfortable position, yet I am too tired to move" situation. I hope you'll be all relaxed and good as new tomorrow!

More like, "the rest of me is very comfortable, so I don't want to move just because my head is not". Or "I don't want to get up and get a better pillow from the bed."

- Tad

#34 2017-05-28 00:27:52

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Maen mint. Went to bed late and got up early. Sorry of planning a siesta this afternoon...

Scrollbearer

#35 2017-05-28 13:39:02

Sahi
Mantis
Website

It is done! I hadn't expected to finish today, but the light lasted longer than yesterday (more clouds then, I guess).

All that is left is to gift wrap it.

Scrollbearer

#36 2017-05-28 14:20:36

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Congratulations, Sahi!

#37 2017-05-28 22:32:52

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I need more weekend...

- Tad

#38 2017-05-28 23:54:57

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Well, I've just had four days, and will only have to work for three before another 5 day weekend. (Although to be fair, I took Thursday off for that. As only Monday is a national holiday.)

Scrollbearer

#39 2017-05-29 03:46:06

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Oof, hot and moist. Never a good combination. Having trouble breathing. (Only in so far that it is annoying me.)

Scrollbearer

#40 2017-05-29 03:50:14

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

I had dinner tonight with my mom, at a restaurant in a nearby town. I ordered fish and chips; Mom's order got completely messed up (she ordered broccoli and got zucchini; she ordered Swiss cheese and received no cheese, etc.) Despite the mistakes, the meal was delicious, and we were able to enjoy the meal in a beautiful Art Deco building. Afterwards, we had some coffee in a nearby cafe, also in the Art Deco building. What a pleasant evening!

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#41 2017-05-29 04:04:53

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

How is your mom doing, Firsfron? Has the shoulder healed properly?

#42 2017-05-29 04:06:42

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I thought my cold was gone, but apparently not. Sore throat again.

- Tad

#43 2017-05-29 04:24:07

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*throws golden jellybeans at magpie's throat*

Scrollbearer

#44 2017-05-29 04:58:23

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Just went for a walk, which means that for a little while now it will feel cool(ish) in the office.

Scrollbearer

#45 2017-05-29 05:47:23

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Sahi wrote:

It is done! I hadn't expected to finish today, but the light lasted longer than yesterday (more clouds then, I guess).

All that is left is to gift wrap it.

Yay! Congratulations, Sahi! :)

#46 2017-05-29 07:28:03

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Ended up going home early, because I really do not feel well. Going to sleep now.

- Tad

#47 2017-05-29 07:32:14

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Ugh, why can't they ***** document their (code) libraries properly! It took me all day to figure out how to configure a datepicker to not allow any dates to be put in before date x. Tomorrow I'll continue the hunt to try and find out how to make date x dynamic...

Scrollbearer

#48 2017-05-29 07:59:06

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Peter wrote:

How is your mom doing, Firsfron? Has the shoulder healed properly?

Thanks for asking, Peter. Her shoulder is healed, but she still requires months of physical therapy, as the muscles in her arm atrophied and she still has to regain full mobility in that arm. So, it's been a long, painful process, but we are thrilled with the progress she has made. She is still able to play the piano, which we were very concerned about. And the doctor has cleared her to go to the gym, now, so she can go back to much of her regular routine.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#49 2017-05-29 09:17:58

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Hope you recover quickly, Magpie!

Has the craziness at work gone down a little with the hot weather?

#50 2017-05-29 09:18:12

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Glad your mother is making progress, Firsfron!

Board footer