Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-03-10 10:37:14

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Re: QM - The Lost Garden

ylvs wrote:

My city has loads of trees as well. I remember being surprised and apalled as a kid when I first went to Frankfurt and there were no trees. Another reason why I still live here. Kassel is just a great place to be. Come over and find for yourselves ...

I would like to see this Kassel, with its trees and fairytales.

Speaking of trees, many of my trees are doing quite well already this year. The apricot and plum have pretty white flowers all over them. The nectarine has a few maroon flowers as well. And the pear, pomegranate, and orange tree are getting new leaves. The marionberry never lost its leaves, and it continues to grow by the fence. Inside, the grape vine, fig, and strawberry bush are prospering. And the Irish strawberry and guavasteen seem to be doing well.

I won't talk about the others just yet. Too soon to tell.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#27 2017-03-10 10:38:26

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

ylvs wrote:

Firsfron of Ronchester wrote:

Oh, you jokers!

*sheds one last tear for the Garden, as someone throws trash out the passenger window*

But why are you crying for the Garden, when this actually is the Garden?

*nods at first post*

Uh, well... that's easily explained, because.... because...

*runs*

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#28 2017-03-10 10:58:40

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

Good maen!

I had therapy, a coffee and a muffin. Now I'm going to take a nap.

I'm afraid it's not going to be a very productive day.

(Good luck with your review, Libra!)

(And Tad, that's awesome even though I won't be able to join you. :) )

#29 2017-03-10 11:03:28

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

I also had a coffee and a muffin... well, donut, actually. Though the coffee was blueberry-muffin-flavored. No nap, though, sadly. Although soon I will go to lunch. Excitement!

#30 2017-03-10 11:06:26

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

I had coffee, and I have a blueberry muffin for later.

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#31 2017-03-10 11:06:48

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

And yes, it is almost lunch time here as well!

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#32 2017-03-10 11:11:41

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

"Almost" lunch time? What time do you get your lunch? 2 PM?

#33 2017-03-10 11:14:46

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Stop talking about muffins and donuts when I don't have either. I've had dinner, but now I want dessert and I don't have any. *pouts'

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#34 2017-03-10 11:20:09

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Aww, poor Magpie!

*pushes a virtual muffin through the computer monitor*

#35 2017-03-10 11:30:55

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Aww, poor Magpie!

*pushes a virtual muffin through the computer monitor*

*picks virtual muffin crumbs out of keyboard*

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough

#36 2017-03-10 11:56:02

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way wrote:

Tad wrote:

I think I might be coming to the Netherlands, actually.  Deb may come too.  If it happens, it will be in October.

Don't spread this around off the board until it's confirmed, please, because it might be a bit politically sensitive with my publishers.  (Might not be, either, but I'm just being safer than sorrier.)

If if it happens, since I'm also going to Germany, we could do a two-headed back-and-forth Smarchmoot in both places.

*squeeees*

Oh hang on.... I no longer live there.... *plots*

You know I have a spare mattress...

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#37 2017-03-10 11:58:38

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Birthday with cake, followed by eating out at the Greek restaurant. Today was definitely a good day!

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#38 2017-03-10 12:01:43

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

Okay.... I sit here now blushing.... and I think I shall continue blushing for the entire weekend....

Never had such a review.... words like phenomenal and awesome were used.... and the rater reviews were just as glowing.... was even told that the development tips from the raters were fantastic as she wouldn't have expected those type of comments for someone less than 6 months in her current role....

I also got a 5% increase.... that is huge.... mahoosive.... normal is between 1-2.....

*continues to blush as she eats her food*

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#39 2017-03-10 12:03:55

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

"Almost" lunch time? What time do you get your lunch? 2 PM?

Usually around 1pm. But I also get to pick when I take my lunch, it's not like I'm locked into a set time each day. And I decided I prefer having less than half a day left when I get back!

Last edited by Ad1tu (2017-03-10 12:05:55)

Tamishu's Ramblings

#40 2017-03-10 12:09:22

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Okay.... I sit here now blushing.... and I think I shall continue blushing for the entire weekend....

Never had such a review.... words like phenomenal and awesome were used.... and the rater reviews were just as glowing.... was even told that the development tips from the raters were fantastic as she wouldn't have expected those type of comments for someone less than 6 months in her current role....

I also got a 5% increase.... that is huge.... mahoosive.... normal is between 1-2.....

Oh, awesome! Huge congrats!

- Tad

#41 2017-03-10 12:18:42

ylvs
Mantis

It's the weather.... I swear my life turns 180 degrees when the sun shines, the birds sing, it gets warmer and it smells of spring!

*sits in a corner and waits for the smell of Spring*

No wait, this is the fricking Garden.

*dances over the meadows and inhales the smell of Spring*

#42 2017-03-10 12:21:38

ylvs
Mantis

I would like to see this Kassel, with its trees and fairytales.

And I sooooooooooooooooooooo want to show you around.

#43 2017-03-10 12:23:50

ylvs
Mantis

ylvs wrote:

Oh, you jokers!

*sheds one last tear for the Garden, as someone throws trash out the passenger window*

But why are you crying for the Garden, when this actually is the Garden?

*nods at first post*

Uh, well... that's easily explained, because.... because...

*runs*

*falls from the sofa laughing*

Gotcha!

#44 2017-03-10 12:25:19

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

Gmaen mint!

passing Kassel at this very moment on my way home from Munich *waves out of the train window*

wishing fot a blueberry muffin :-/

Libra, congrats to praise and salaty increase - you earned it :-)

#45 2017-03-10 12:27:23

ylvs
Mantis

Sahi wrote:

Tad wrote:

I think I might be coming to the Netherlands, actually.  Deb may come too.  If it happens, it will be in October.

Don't spread this around off the board until it's confirmed, please, because it might be a bit politically sensitive with my publishers.  (Might not be, either, but I'm just being safer than sorrier.)

If if it happens, since I'm also going to Germany, we could do a two-headed back-and-forth Smarchmoot in both places.

*squeeees*

Oh hang on.... I no longer live there.... *plots*

You know I have a spare mattress...

I have a guest room with a kingsize bed and loads of German books.

*nods*

#46 2017-03-10 12:29:37

ylvs
Mantis

*POUNCYHUGGLES LIBRA*

That is awsome news.

This is the Garden peeps.

*continues dancing*

#47 2017-03-10 12:32:52

ylvs
Mantis

Kia wrote:

Gmaen mint!

passing Kassel at this very moment on my way home from Munich *waves out of the train window*

*waves frantically back*

I live 200 me from Wilhelmshöher Bahnhof you just passed through. Next time stop for a coffee although unlikely a blueberry muffin.

#48 2017-03-10 12:36:14

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Woohoo, congratulations, Libra! (Any news on the taking off in May? I'll need to book my trip soon.)

Scrollbearer

#49 2017-03-10 12:37:57

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Wow, congratulations, Libra! That is fantastic!

#50 2017-03-10 12:43:48

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

ylvs wrote:

Kia wrote:

Gmaen mint!

*waves frantically back*

I live 200 me from Wilhelmshöher Bahnhof you just passed through. Next time stop for a coffee although unlikely a blueberry muffin.

(^_______^) Next time I will plan a stop for a coffee for sure. With a bit of luck I find some muffins along the way ...

Board footer