Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-02-16 11:51:14

Pandy
Pilgrim

Re: QM - Nakkiga Gate

Kia wrote:

Hi Pandy, nice to meet you *waves*

Hallo, Kia!  It is a pleasure to meet you!  Firs resurrected me, so blame him if anything goes south.  I tend to do that when I stub my toe, which puzzles those around me.  "Who is this person you are blaming, Pandy?"

"HE DID THIS TO ME!" I rave.

"Uhm, that was you who thoughtfully smacked your tiniest toe against the divan." they reply, erroneously.  They just don't know. 

I am onto you, Firsfron!

"This is what education does to you. It makes you look forward to cleaning." -Magpie
"I think Pandiqegabenikananoomookmannaq sounds even better." -Firs
Pandy! I found a pop can in the fridge here at work that is a bit dented, has some gunk on the side, and wobbles a bit when you poke it. Thought of you. :) - Ad1tu

#52 2017-02-16 12:03:31

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

*digs through her stuff for the 'prevent-stubing-your-toe' charm to ward off Firs evil influence*

thanks for the warning! I almost fell for his innocent outerior!

#53 2017-02-16 12:04:52

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*waves at Kia*
Sounds like it is high time for the weekend to arrive!

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#54 2017-02-16 12:06:23

Pandy
Pilgrim

Kia wrote:

*digs through her stuff for the 'prevent-stubing-your-toe' charm to ward off Firs evil influence*

thanks for the warning! I almost fell for his innocent outerior!

You have made my day.

"This is what education does to you. It makes you look forward to cleaning." -Magpie
Pandy! I found a pop can in the fridge here at work that is a bit dented, has some gunk on the side, and wobbles a bit when you poke it. Thought of you. :) - Ad1tu

#55 2017-02-16 12:06:50

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*whispers*
It is exterior, though outerior sounds just as good...

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#56 2017-02-16 12:11:33

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

Trying again.....

Really hoping it will stick now.... Have deleted my email account from

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#57 2017-02-16 12:11:39

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

*whispers back* truely? darn...

#58 2017-02-16 12:19:10

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I don't know what's ailing your smarching experience, but I hope you can fix it soon, Libra :-/

#59 2017-02-16 12:20:14

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Grrr.

So the dance groups always send out email reminders a few days before the next practise, with the date in the subject line.

The subject line of the last email said "Thursday, February 16th", so accordingly, we headed across the river today... only to stand in front of closed doors, because the text of the email said, "Wednesday, February 15th"!

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#60 2017-02-16 12:21:31

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Do you have a relaxing weekend lined up, Kia?

#61 2017-02-16 12:24:37

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

And nobody noticed and asked for clarification? That sucks :-/
I hope you will feel better tomorrow. Body parts taking turns at hurting may be fair and equal opportunity, but it doesn't sound fun at all...

#62 2017-02-16 12:31:38

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

no weekend plans so far - so I'm free to sleep in and spending some quality time with my couch *celebrates*

Well, I guess I will have to find something to busy myself with to distract myself from the reoccuring 'do not eat anything' Saturday. I guess baking is out of question (T.T)

What about you Peter? Is the shoulder well enough to try some serious gaming?

Magpie, this is really annoying. I wonder how many people showed up at all yesterday...

#63 2017-02-16 12:36:39

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Quality time with the couch sounds awesome, baking while fasting... yeah, maybe that isn't the best idea ever :-D.

I am on vacation right now and will be for another week, so no gaming for now. My shoulder is causing problems s while sleeping or sitting on the couch, so I think gaming won't be in the cards any time soon. I'm happy if I can keep it alive long enough to drive home.

#64 2017-02-16 12:38:22

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

*waves*

I've had a cold and not been doing much the last 48 hours. I'm feeling better now.

I hate colds. :(

I'm off work through Monday, at least. (I already had planned today off, and Monday is a holiday.)

No real news.

#65 2017-02-16 12:46:02

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I hope you will recover quickly, Marian!
Given all the "excitement" last year, maybe no news are good news?

#66 2017-02-16 12:46:18

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

*offers hot soup to Marian to chase away the cold* this sucks :/ I hope you are feeling better soon Marian...

Peter, maybe you should consider to learn how to use a mouse with your toes - your shoulder does not seem to be very cooperative. For more comfort, the screen needs to be nailed to the ceiling, but well, nothing is perfect, isn't it?

#67 2017-02-16 12:49:12

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I may need to develop telepathic powers at this point. How hard can it be?

#68 2017-02-16 12:52:08

Pandy
Pilgrim

Magpie- that is seriously messed up. What were they thinking?

Peter- man, my son injured his shoulder this past summer doing drum corps. and it took him six weeks to even get it back to anywhere near normal. And his injury wasn't severe!

Marian- I tend to eat spicy food when sick. I don't know if it helps, because I also easy spicy food when not sick. Also, I turn into a big (ger) baby.

Kia- I totally missed the exterior thing, because it made perfect sense.

Libra - from? From what? Don't leave us in suspense!

#69 2017-02-16 12:54:34

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Pandy wrote:

Magpie- that is seriously messed up. What were they thinking?

Not very much, I guess. Wrote them a grumpy email telling them to double-check this stuff in the future.

And now I managed to draw a thing, so I feel less grumpy, and will go to bed and pretend this never happened.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#70 2017-02-16 12:55:29

Pandy
Pilgrim

I can relate to that. Sleep well!

#71 2017-02-16 12:58:26

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Peter wrote:

*whispers*
It is exterior, though outerior sounds just as good...

*nods* Outerior makes sense.

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#72 2017-02-16 13:03:54

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

*waves goodnight to Magpie*

my online dictonary says that the word 'outerior' exists...(yay) but it also says: "...Smart people would say exterior not outerior..." (anti-yay). Okay, I'm feeling officially dumb ;)

uuuhhhh, I also want telepatic powers - I would like to clean up my kitchen just by staring at the dishes...(@w@) oOOO

#73 2017-02-16 13:09:32

Pandy
Pilgrim

Kia wrote:

*waves goodnight to Magpie*

my online dictonary says that the word 'outerior' exists...(yay) but it also says: "...Smart people would say exterior not outerior..." (anti-yay). Okay, I'm feeling officially dumb ;)

uuuhhhh, I also want telepatic powers - I would like to clean up my kitchen just by staring at the dishes...(@w@) oOOO

I think my laziness would trump my abilities. I am perfectly capable of doing the dishes now... Add in the fact I could do them without moving and I'd still be, "meh."

There's anterior, and interior, and onterior... But that's in Canada. And spelled Ontario.

#74 2017-02-16 13:10:10

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Darn. I did check a dictionary and that pretended no such word exists.
*gives dictionary the evil eyef

Googling things is rather annoying on a tablet combined with flaky WiFi.
(smart people would use this as an opportunity to shut up, but I seem to lack that kind of sense)

#75 2017-02-16 13:12:20

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Canadians. Utterly useless at spelling...

And laziness would be my superpower. I'm too lazy to figure out what's super about it.

Board footer