Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-10-02 10:37:52

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Re: QM - The Haunted Mint

LIIIIIBRAAAAA!

*pouncyhuggles*

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#27 2016-10-02 10:37:59

Magpie
Mantis
Website

ylvs wrote:

I deleted a topic.

Considered it nescessary.

Ah. I was just thinking the same.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough

#28 2016-10-02 10:48:26

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

Magpie wrote:

LIIIIIBRAAAAA!

*pouncyhuggles*

*pouncyhuggles back*

Happy to be here......*does happy dance*

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#29 2016-10-02 10:52:35

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I missed having you here so much!
(And I always meant to email you, but I'm so bad at that!)

- Tad

#30 2016-10-02 11:04:00

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

Magpie wrote:

I missed having you here so much!
(And I always meant to email you, but I'm so bad at that!)

That's okay... I'm just as bad!!! Hahahaha

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#31 2016-10-02 11:07:54

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*topples to the ground when pouncehuggled*
Welcome back, Libra!

Your house finding adventures are a neverending story. I hope this Netherlands thing works and that you have a much easier time finding a place there!

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#32 2016-10-02 11:16:49

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Wow system requirements are extremely tame, but it might still be too much for an older laptop (or desktop) on Intel graphics (mostly because the recent add-on increased the requirements).

It should most definitely not reboot the system though :/

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#33 2016-10-02 11:40:05

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Had a nice afternoon with best friend and a mutual friend - the one with the very long phone calls. I hope we can now manage to meet more often instead of talking on the phone.

- Tad

#34 2016-10-02 11:46:26

Magpie
Mantis
Website

But on the other hand, my mother just told me that my primary school teacher died this summer.

- Tad

#35 2016-10-02 12:31:19

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

*hugs ylvs*

*pouncyhuggles Libra*

#36 2016-10-02 12:43:37

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I need to do stuff, because I have classes next week, which means travelling, and leaving very early, but I don't want to. I'm tired and my head hurts.

- Tad

#37 2016-10-02 12:59:49

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*huggles all*

I'm sorry to hear that Ylvs. And thank you for the topicy thing.

Liiiiiiibraaaa! *pouncyhuggles* I can't wait for january. Are we still doing a December moot?

Good luck on classes, magpie!

I spent my morning teaching kids to code. Spent the afternoon helping Ivo (help my mom) to hang some strips to hang paintings from (those things near the ceiling with wires). And then we went out to eat Japanese. Now I need to kick myself to go and do my exercises, so I don't have to tell my therapist tomorrow that I didn't do anything again this week.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#38 2016-10-02 13:14:00

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I still haven't started doing anything. Well, I tried to find out what time I do have to be there tomorrow, but apparently I don't have an email about that? I know I read it somewhere, so it was probably in a letter, but where in all my piles of paper could that be?

- Tad

#39 2016-10-02 13:18:13

Sahi
Mantis
Website

At least you are still at home to find out... I had that problem when I was on the train this morning. Only to find out that my phone didn't want to connect me to the internet. I did manage to find it in the end, but that wasn't a good idea.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#40 2016-10-02 13:23:34

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I can't find a letter either.
Well, I'll just have to hope it's at nine, like it has been for the last classes at that school.

- Tad

#41 2016-10-02 13:41:31

Magpie
Mantis
Website

And I'm just not feeling well in general, but I don't even have the time or energy to talk about it today.

Can I just have some hugs?

- Tad

#42 2016-10-02 13:55:01

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*piles more hugs* of course you can! *Adds a stuffed teddy bear too*

Scrollbearer

#43 2016-10-02 14:06:43

Magpie
Mantis
Website

*curls up around the teddy bear*

And can someone remind me tomorrow - no matter what, whatever happens at school or however tired I am, I have to write two emails?

- Tad

#44 2016-10-02 14:12:15

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

*leaves hugs for Magpie*

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#45 2016-10-02 14:30:37

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*hugs Magpie*

Can you just text someone to find out the time for tomorrow?

#46 2016-10-02 14:37:41

Magpie
Mantis
Website

As far as I know, none of the people whose numbers I have are in that (elective) class.

It's always been nine before (a bit later than the other days, for those of us who have to travel there), so it seems safe to assume it'll be nine again.

- Tad

#47 2016-10-02 21:33:36

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Time for me to head out. Even though I really, really don't want to.

- Tad

#48 2016-10-02 21:50:44

Mortola
Pilgrim

Fantastic. Didn't check how often the trams run this early in the morning. I'll probably miss my train.

I'm my own evil twin.

This is an outpost of the Mint. Therefore logic is forbidden.

#49 2016-10-02 22:23:28

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Good luck, Magpie :-/

I have one of those Monday things gnawing at my leg as well, but yours got up earlier and seems more vicious.

#50 2016-10-02 22:38:28

Mortola
Pilgrim

The train left just as I had bought my ticket.

Taking another train to St Pölten now, but then I'll have to wait about 45 minutes for the connection to Langenlois. And then I'll be about an hour late for school, and the list to sign up for lunch will already be gone, so I'll have to figure out how to get lunch after all, and probably fifteen other things...

I know there are way worse things that could happen, but I just want to whine right now.

I'm my own evil twin.

This is an outpost of the Mint. Therefore logic is forbidden.

Board footer