Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#601 2016-08-24 01:16:33

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Re: QM - California

_Sahi_ wrote:

Not so cool: sleeping badly when you've decided to get up early to beat the heat. This will be an interesting day...

Isn't this always the case? When I have to get up early the next day, my body just refuses to fall asleep most of the time.

I hope you will have fun anyway.

#602 2016-08-24 01:17:30

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Oh look, I made it to page 25. Any ideas for a new Mint?

#603 2016-08-24 01:56:12

ylvs
Mantis

YesYesYes, it was discussed a few pages ago - The Sheila Gilbert Party Mint.
She's Tad's editor and just won a Hugo.

#604 2016-08-24 01:57:57

ylvs
Mantis

Olaf wrote:

Returned home after a few days with the family. Daytrip today to see Ylvs at Ylvshome and hear all about her mad adventures in Tadland.

Looking sooo forward to your visit - as long as you do not expect house to be guest fit. It is a mess and I have no time to do anything about it. Just play blind.

#605 2016-08-24 02:19:11

Olaf
Mantis
Website

I am on my way even though train is running late by 15 minutes before we even departed *sigh*

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#606 2016-08-24 04:16:41

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Monday was all-around annoying, yesterday was good, today is just weird. Started the day with a customer's husband about to pee on a wall and hastily zipping up his pants when I turned the corner (how is that a better idea than just coming in and asking if he can use our bathroom?) and just before lunch, a customer who handed me the money, I turn to the register, and she says, "oh, I don't need a receipt." My reply, as always, "I have to give it to you anyway, it's the law" (and also, what did she expect me to do? Pull her change out of thin air?) "But it's only a few euros, you don't need to print a receipt for that." Yes, thank you, please call the minister of finance and tell him that.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#607 2016-08-24 09:34:55

Olaf
Mantis
Website

This topic has melted in the heat.

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

Board footer