Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-08-12 12:13:26

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

Re: QM - California

Peter wrote:

Despite the not too hot weather, yesterday was the first day for 3 months that it felt cool enough in the apartment to take a hot bath.

Luke warm baths on hot days are also quite nice - they cool you down quite a bit without withing you a heart attack :)

Peter wrote:

But hot bath's are nice, especially because I get to focus on reading.

I have quite a collection of bath salts and essences for the fragrances do add to relaxtion. Take a big glass of fresh ice tea with you and 'voilá' - mini spa  :)

#27 2016-08-12 12:19:40

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Oh - Monday is a holiday! I completely forgot about that! Best friend mentioned it on the phone just now, and if she hadn't, I might just have gone to work on Monday. Now I just hope my boss remembers it too, and doesn't wonder where I am.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#28 2016-08-12 12:28:04

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

He'll probably realise as soon as he notices you aren't there and starts wondering :D . I am not good at remembering public holidays either. Never have been.

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#29 2016-08-12 12:30:13

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Since his wife is on holiday, I'm not sure anyone will point it out to him. And I'm not convinced he'll notice on his own.
But oh well. If he doesn't notice, I'm sure he'll call to ask where I am, and I will not be the one who has to be embarrassed about making a mistake.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough

#30 2016-08-12 12:31:30

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Kia wrote:

Peter wrote:

But hot bath's are nice, especially because I get to focus on reading.

I have quite a collection of bath salts and essences for the fragrances do add to relaxtion. Take a big glass of fresh ice tea with you and 'voilá' - mini spa  :)

I don't like most bath ingredients because they cling to the skin or leave some sort of smell, but I'd probably find more if I was will to experiment.

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#31 2016-08-12 12:32:04

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Hm, what should I blog about today? Yásira making-of? Cursed Child? Try to finish that fairytale-ish thing? Or just random flowers?

- Tad

#32 2016-08-12 12:38:29

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Forgot to mention that I love that Jiriki doll. Very feminine in appearance, but that is probably just right for a Sitha.

#33 2016-08-12 12:47:51

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Magpie wrote:

Hm, what should I blog about today? Yásira making-of? Cursed Child? Try to finish that fairytale-ish thing? Or just random flowers?

Never mind. Going to blog about story ideas (or about having story ideas again, anyway. Not about the actual ideas, because I really like them and don't want to risk them being stolen.)

- Tad

#34 2016-08-12 13:20:39

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

Peter wrote:

Forgot to mention that I love that Jiriki doll. Very feminine in appearance, but that is probably just right for a Sitha.

(^_____^) In fact I do have pictures, where he wears trousers...or the traditional japanese version of it, which is more of a pleated skirt....wait...uhhh

#35 2016-08-12 13:21:08

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

Magpie wrote:

*votes for Yásira making-of*

#36 2016-08-12 13:23:35

Olaf
Mantis
Website

I am offically on vacation for the next three weeks and started by drinking one of my bosses under the table tonight. After 5 cocktails she admitted defeat!

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#37 2016-08-12 13:26:02

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Kia wrote:

Magpie wrote:

*votes for Yásira making-of*

Well, I already wrote something else, but I can do that tomorrow? Or maybe even write it today and post it tomorrow.

- Tad

#38 2016-08-12 13:26:43

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Olaf wrote:

I am offically on vacation for the next three weeks and started by drinking one of my bosses under the table tonight. After 5 cocktails she admitted defeat!

Yay for vacation! And yay for outdrinking your boss, I guess, even though I don't have any experience with that...

- Tad

#39 2016-08-12 13:38:41

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Olaf wrote:

Somehow that doesn't fit the usual Olaf picture you present here :D

Any plans for the vacation?
(I initially typed "Any planes for the vacation?", which kinda works too)

#40 2016-08-12 13:45:42

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

Magpie wrote:

Well, I already wrote something else, but I can do that tomorrow? Or maybe even write it today and post it tomorrow.

Whenever you feel like it - I'm looking forward sewing mistress details :)

#41 2016-08-12 13:47:03

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

Peter wrote:

Olaf wrote:

Somehow that doesn't fit the usual Olaf picture you present here :D

You know what they say: still waters run deep ;)

#42 2016-08-12 13:59:02

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Kia wrote:

Magpie wrote:

Whenever you feel like it - I'm looking forward sewing mistress details :)

Well. Not too many details, because I'm not really good at this whole sewing thing, and the fewer details Cyan can see, the less I have to be embarrassed. ;)

- Tad

#43 2016-08-12 14:09:36

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

You don't think she'd agree with stapling butterflies to a dress? :D
It was definitely quick and efficient!

#44 2016-08-12 14:13:32

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Peter wrote:

You don't think she'd agree with stapling butterflies to a dress? :D
It was definitely quick and efficient!

Not the stapling so much, but the sewing of the dress. So many mistakes and shortcuts....

- Tad

#45 2016-08-12 14:17:39

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I lack the knowledge to be silly about that. I am amazed by anyone who can craft anything or do any form of art.

Wasn't the original plan to have a hoop in the skirt, so there was a "tent" around the "treetrunk"? Would have been super impractical of course.

#46 2016-08-12 14:23:30

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Peter wrote:

I lack the knowledge to be silly about that. I am amazed by anyone who can craft anything or do any form of art.

Wasn't the original plan to have a hoop in the skirt, so there was a "tent" around the "treetrunk"? Would have been super impractical of course.

There actually was, but just a small one (that came out of my mosquito net). It didn't work too well, and turned out not to be really necessary.

- Tad

#47 2016-08-12 14:44:47

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Looking at it again, the skirts seem very round, but the effect isn't very pronounced.

#48 2016-08-12 15:03:13

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Honestly, I'm glad it wasn't bigger. Going to the toilet was tricky enough as it was. Especially with all the butterflies falling off. (I'm surprised I only dropped one in the toilet.)

- Tad

#49 2016-08-12 15:22:50

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Okay, I think I've written down most of the story ideas I had today, so off to book, bath and bed...

- Tad

#50 2016-08-12 16:25:06

Ostrael Firsfronson
Pilgrim

I'm at Oakynland International Airport, waiting for the dragon home.

Board footer