Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-07-31 06:22:15

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Re: QM-Under the Sea

Kia wrote:

Kenan, I hope you weren't too rattled by your sea-wind experience. I once read a very nice poem, which stated that wind is 'only sky which is daring skin contact'...Seeing it this way you got a very big sky-cuddle yesterday :-)

That is a very endearing visual, lovely! I don't know why the wind wanted to rub my left eye so hard though (right eye watching through the camera, left eye impossible to stay closed in the wind...!)

I have a couple of decent shots to make up for the harsh wind treatment :)

I didn't know tying knots could help someone who works at the computer! Maybe you could print a manual or something to get out of there. Otherwise, let me know and I'll call the Scouts!

Wouldn't the plural form of Olaf be Olaves? ;) - Firsfron of Ronchester

#52 2016-07-31 06:22:52

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Oh look, Kia's soul belongs to Tad now.

#53 2016-07-31 06:23:10

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Marian, enjoy the coffee, and the date too :)

#54 2016-07-31 06:43:26

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Oh, right, congratulations on passing 100 posts and signing over your sould to Tad, Kia!

*throws evil glitter*

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#55 2016-07-31 06:50:40

Merenwen
Pilgrim

Good luck with the date, Marian!

And congrats on 100 posts, Kia!

#56 2016-07-31 06:51:22

Merenwen
Pilgrim

And look who just made the 1k. :D

#57 2016-07-31 07:47:35

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

Congrats Kia and Merenwyn!

#58 2016-07-31 07:56:14

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

*wraps her soul in gift wrap paper and places it at Tad's shrine*
*dances around in evil glitter*

yay! Now it is official!

Congratulations to the 1k postings, Merenwyn *picks up evil glitter and throws it back at Merenwyn*

in other news: preparations for project birthday cake were successfully completed. Now, two little lemon cakes are cooling down in the living room. All whats left is to cut them in half, glue them together with lemon curd and wrap marzipan around the result. I will teach the girls, what a 'filling dessert' really is *laughs evilly*

#59 2016-07-31 07:57:51

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

Marian wrote:

Good maen!

I have a 10 a.m. coffee date. Nervous!

good luck Marian - just always remind yourself: he is as nervous as you are...*is holdings thumbs for Marian and the cute guy*

Last edited by Kia (2016-07-31 07:58:05)

#60 2016-07-31 08:02:35

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

*throws glitter and confetti at Merenwen*
Happy 1000 posts!!

And happy to see you around :)

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#61 2016-07-31 08:04:13

Kia
Pilgrim
Website

Kenan wrote:

I have a couple of decent shots to make up for the harsh wind treatment :)

Considering the quality of the shots on your website, somehow I guess the shots are more than just decent...:-)

Kenan wrote:

I didn't know tying knots could help someone who works at the computer! Maybe you could print a manual or something to get out of there. Otherwise, let me know and I'll call the Scouts!

*scrambles out of a wriggling know of cables* I made it out *breath heavily* barely...

#62 2016-07-31 08:32:27

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Marian wrote:

Good maen!

I have a 10 a.m. coffee date. Nervous!

Good luck!

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#63 2016-07-31 08:35:38

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

*flings glitter at Merenwen & Kia*

Hm, I think my bacon is defrosted, I should go fry it. And potatoes, maybe... Mmm, breakfast...

I had something else to say, but I distracted myself...

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#64 2016-07-31 08:49:28

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Have fun, Marian!

*Joins in dancing in the glitter*

I'm hand-embroidering veins on the wings (cat-like). And it's an upgrade on last year's costume. I'm adding more monkeys. And there are indeed quite a few things to be done. We just tried to attach the new wheels to the cart, but Ivo vetoed the screws I had picked from our stash, so now we have to go but new ones first, which is too late for now. (Yes, I could have bought them today.) So I'll just finish the wings and monkey faces instead.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#65 2016-07-31 09:52:02

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Congrats Merenwen! Welcome to the 4 digits :) :D

Kia, thanks! Everything is relative ;) I'll be sure to share a photo from last night (in the neighbourhood, probably) once I've uploaded it.

pst, anyone else notices how much Evil there is in Kia's posts. Evil glitter, evil laughs... who is it we've let into our midst?!?

Aditu, distracting oneself is the melody of the internet age!

Sahi, happy embroidering. The more monkeys the better!

*wonders how Marian's date is going*

*hopes Peter get his work done without too much distraction*

And I'm back from a rain that turned into a shower... somehow I need more shower now that I'm back home...! And then it's time for dinner. Maybe I'll be back later.

*waves*

#66 2016-07-31 09:54:22

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

The coffee date was pretty fun. I'm afraid I was the one who talked too much this time, though. I would definitely go on a second date, if he asked.

My inner critic is pretty loud right now. "I'm too chatty. My teeth are unattractive. My hat is dumb. I always end the chat so awkwardly. "

Hush, you!

#67 2016-07-31 10:50:25

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

Sometimes men floor me on Match.

A 52 yo, not very attractive, said nothing interesting about himself, but he is looking for someone "between the ages of 18-40, in good health with no disabilities."

I wrote, "Another man looking for a younger woman, and then you even advertise your prejudice against disabilities! Nice. You're going to be 60 in less than years, you may want to develop some compassion for health problems as yours will come eventually. "

#68 2016-07-31 10:51:31

Marian
Pilgrim
Website

Oops, I left out '10' before years. I am sure he can do the math....

#69 2016-07-31 11:06:27

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Oh I finally remembered what else I was going to say! It's been raining off and on all morning, with the occasional thunder-rumble in the distance. But my husband was also playing a game, and the area he was in, it was also raining and thundering. So I kept having to ask if it was real thunder or game thunder I was hearing.

Tamishu's Ramblings

#70 2016-07-31 11:09:36

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Marian wrote:

Sometimes men floor me on Match.

A 52 yo, not very attractive, said nothing interesting about himself, but he is looking for someone "between the ages of 18-40, in good health with no disabilities."

I wrote, "Another man looking for a younger woman, and then you even advertise your prejudice against disabilities! Nice. You're going to be 60 in less than years, you may want to develop some compassion for health problems as yours will come eventually. "

"I'm flawed and won't be fixed, but I'm only interested in someone that perfectly fits into this ridiculous mold inside my head." Such a narrow-minded view...

Tamishu's Ramblings

#71 2016-07-31 11:12:27

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Marian wrote:

The coffee date was pretty fun. I'm afraid I was the one who talked too much this time, though. I would definitely go on a second date, if he asked.

My inner critic is pretty loud right now. "I'm too chatty. My teeth are unattractive. My hat is dumb. I always end the chat so awkwardly. "

Hush, you!

Hats are dumb because I look silly in every one I try on. I'm envious of people that wear hats. I mean, I wear a hat outside in the winter because otherwise my ears get cold, but that's function, not fashion.

Glad to hear you had fun! Hopefully he did too!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#72 2016-07-31 11:54:41

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

Kenan wrote:

*hopes Peter get his work done without too much distraction*

I hadn't planned any work... I am doing this for fun. Or at least as a challenge.
I won't claim to understand even 10% of the spec yet, but I am close to understanding enough to get cracking. Just need to figure out how the buffers work, or pray that they work how I think they work.

#73 2016-07-31 12:09:42

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Peter, I'd go with the prayer option. You can always blame whoever you pray to if it doesn't work!

#74 2016-07-31 12:09:42

Sahi
Mantis
Website

There seventh set of wings done. But my mom just reminded me that I probably don't have boning anymore to attach the monkeys to the costume. Oops...

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#75 2016-07-31 13:17:33

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

"The seventh wing"
A cosplay horror story.

Board footer