Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-06-08 17:02:17

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Re: The Drawing Studio

Content!

Blue Stahli meets Game of Thrones -  Musician Blue Stahli announces new music coming out soon. Ends announcement with the line, "Either way... loudness is coming." With it being the day after the new GoT episode aired, the majority of my social media content was GoT related, and the two merged, producing this.

and

Charcoal Experimentation - aka I have no idea what I'm doing

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#27 2016-07-29 16:09:23

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

I bought new things at the store. Charcoal pencils allow for a lot more detail when drawing things like people, or elves, and they still let you blend & shade.

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#28 2016-07-30 19:59:06

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Tamishu's Ramblings

#29 2016-07-30 22:53:52

Sahi
Mantis
Website

They both look good!

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#30 2016-07-31 01:58:05

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Quite cool!

Wouldn't the plural form of Olaf be Olaves? ;) - Firsfron of Ronchester

#31 2016-07-31 03:03:25

Peter
Pilgrim
Website

I like this one as well. Has a film noir feel to it.

"hitting the snooze button is totally an act of worship and not laziness"  -Magpie, slightly out of context

#32 2016-10-04 06:31:27

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

There's a couple interesting "events" in the month of October.

The first is Inktober, where you do one ink drawing per day, with the given prompt list. I'm going to try doing this, because most everything I've done so far has been erasable. I feel like drawing with a pen is going to force me to have a bit different perspective on what I draw.

The second is Drawlloween, which is just one Halloween themed drawing per day, whatever medium you choose. I kind of want to try this one, too. Maybe I'll see if I can combine the two!

Here is my first inktober doodle. I started with day #3. The prompt was "collect".

Tamishu's Ramblings

#33 2016-10-04 23:26:06

Blue&Green
Pilgrim

I need to get back into drawing. I never seem to be able to find the time though and drawing is definitely one thing that I can't hurry with. Maybe I'll get a sketch book.

#34 2016-10-05 00:09:55

Sahi
Mantis
Website

If you want to do quick drawings, get 'Q&A a day for creatives'. It's a 4-year diary with drawing prompts. Most days I can finish the drawings in just a few minutes.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#35 2016-10-05 06:24:09

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

That's part of my motivation for doing Inktober. I end up doing super complex, intricate things that I start obsessing over details, and then I have a mini "burn out" afterwards and don't draw for a few weeks. I need practice doing quick, little, fun stuff.

I have a small, ~ 5" x 8" sketchbook I'm using for these.

Tamishu's Ramblings

#36 2016-10-05 22:04:56

Blue&Green
Pilgrim

Sahi wrote:

If you want to do quick drawings, get 'Q&A a day for creatives'. It's a 4-year diary with drawing prompts. Most days I can finish the drawings in just a few minutes.

Thank you. Sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out.

Board footer