Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#76 2017-12-06 07:42:05

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Re: The Official Tad Williams Newsletter

Peter wrote:

I think a certain heir might be pretty busy. Not unexpected of course and neither did anyone believe Nabban would be a stroll in the park :D

Wait... which heir? Morgan? I think he's busy having something fondle his face. ;)

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#77 2017-12-06 11:32:32

Sahi
Mantis
Website

I was mostly triggered by the squirrels. :)

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#78 2017-12-06 12:15:46

ajl3
Pilgrim

And I think we now know what is fondling Morgan, if not who and why.

#79 2017-12-06 18:20:21

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

ajl3 wrote:

And I think we now know what is fondling Morgan, if not who and why.

Who? Why?

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#80 2017-12-07 00:30:24

ylvs
Mantis

Dog in his newsletter wrote:

quasi-humanoid squirrel folk

#81 2017-12-07 02:00:27

Merenwen
Pilgrim

So this encounter is more like: "what are you doing on my tree, dude?":)

#82 2017-12-07 04:42:18

ajl3
Pilgrim

Merenwen wrote:

So this encounter is more like: "what are you doing on my tree, dude?":)

Maybe Morgan's face resembles a very large nut.

#83 2017-12-08 00:43:07

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

I was hoping the quasi-humanoid squirrel thing was a joke.

#84 2017-12-08 01:52:13

Sahi
Mantis
Website

I was assuming it too, but with Tad you never know!

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#85 2017-12-08 12:24:16

ajl3
Pilgrim

Firsfron of Ronchester wrote:

I'm thinking he just means some type of Tinukeda'ya that is good at clinging and climbing. Maybe even one of the Witchwood Caretakers we've heard so much about. But, as Sahi said, who knows with Tad.

I think I'm more curious about the "invisible mysterious ogre" and how exactly that fits in with everything.

#86 2017-12-08 20:01:54

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

ajl3 wrote:

Firsfron of Ronchester wrote:

I'm thinking he just means some type of Tinukeda'ya that is good at clinging and climbing. Maybe even one of the Witchwood Caretakers we've heard so much about. But, as Sahi said, who knows with Tad.

I think I'm more curious about the "invisible mysterious ogre" and how exactly that fits in with everything.

I wouldn't mind a Forest Tinukeda'ya, but I would definitely not be thrilled with a squirrel humanoid. This is Osten Ard, not Narnia!

Geloe said all the Witchwood tenders died when Asu'a fell. Did she lie? Or was she just mistaken?

Board footer