Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-11 14:35:19

Sahi
Mantis
Website

The Productivity Suite

Welcome one and all!

This is the place where we all come to brag about all the things, small and large,  that we accomplished today. They wanted to call it procrastinators anonymous at first, but then thought that this title might actually be more beneficial. However that may be, let the bragging begin!

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#2 2015-03-11 14:46:41

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Re: The Productivity Suite

Cool place!

The plates I ordered, with my existing plate pattern, finally arrived today, the culmination of a one-year project to track down more plates of a discontinued pattern.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#3 2015-03-11 14:48:50

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Excellent idea!
I need to brag about finally getting out and running. First time this year. I was out 7km, but only ran 3,7, the rest was a power-walk. Still, I need to start easy or I will get problems. Anyway, seems Badminton and Floor Ball has kept me in a not-too-shabby shape. But if I want to run 10k again it's going to take some time.

Wouldn't the plural form of Olaf be Olaves? ;) - Firsfron of Ronchester

#4 2015-03-11 18:48:28

cyan
Mantis

I took a 3-hour lunch break today.

"Never underestimate the power and accuracy of a chicken-chucking trebuchet." ~ Tad

Scrollbearer
Proud Member of the Log Brigade

#5 2015-03-12 09:10:09

ylvs
Mantis

Great room and oh so benefical.

I really got some work done at work and packed my stuff for goint to Berlin tomorrow.

#6 2015-03-12 09:11:21

ylvs
Mantis

cyan wrote:

I took a 3-hour lunch break today.

Well that sounds sensible, at least if you didn't miss the afternoon nap and the early Feierabend.

#7 2015-03-12 09:46:57

redNathalie
Pilgrim

This is a lovely idea, Sahi!

Now I need to actually be productive with some things so I can participate. Probably good, as I'm starting to get that overwhelmed feeling...

Author of the 888,888th Post

Oven though we're far apart, I'm still a huge fan! ~Firsfron
There was also a toast commercial that made me tear up.... ~Libra

#8 2015-03-12 11:18:03

Sahi
Mantis
Website

And don't forget: even simple five minute chores count here!

Work was infested with tiresome work demons again today. I had to give up the battle half an hour early.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#9 2015-03-12 11:28:51

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

I made burgers for dinner.

#10 2015-03-12 11:45:31

Em
Mantis

I knit about 20 rows last night.

Yo, ho, yo ho. A pirate's life for me!

#11 2015-03-13 09:26:47

redNathalie
Pilgrim

I accomplished almost every single thing on my decently-long personal to-do list yesterday. Whoa! An unheard-of event. Today I will aim for smaller things.

Author of the 888,888th Post

Oven though we're far apart, I'm still a huge fan! ~Firsfron
There was also a toast commercial that made me tear up.... ~Libra

#12 2015-03-13 12:11:09

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

I made plans to get together with a friend for breakfast tomorrow. AND I submitted a time off request at work. :)

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#13 2015-03-13 17:17:18

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

I went into werk today to finish a few time-sensitive things over Spring Break. I got done in 20 minutes! Ta-daa!

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#14 2015-03-14 01:20:23

Sahi
Mantis
Website

*cheers everyone on*

Yesterday I managed turning going or to dinner with friends into something productive. :-)  in other words, we finally had our planning meeting for devoxx4kids. This morning I put in a load of laundry and watered my seedlings.

Scrollbearer

#15 2015-03-14 02:37:48

Sahi
Mantis
Website

- Folded laundry
- Cut the withering stalks from my narcissus (that I got for my birthday, the ones that are outside are still blooming).
- Emptied the dishwasher
- Hung a new load of laundry
- Started preparing my workshop

Scrollbearer

#16 2015-03-14 04:03:09

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

I got out of bed this morning :)

#17 2015-03-14 04:21:00

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Sometimes that is hard enough. But lately I can barely sleep beyond 7AM as my mind just starts buzzing with energy.

But I've just finished the first chapter of my workshop and put in a second load of laundry. So I think it is now time to loaf about for a bit. Although I will also have to go to the supermarket soon, as we only have cheese to put on a sandwich, and Ivo accidentally bought a kind of cheese I don't like (30+ instead of 48+, and those numbers talk about the percentage of fat in the cheese I think, so it's quite tasteless, rubbery cheese).

Scrollbearer

#18 2015-03-14 07:04:07

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Groceries and another laundry done. As a reward I had pancakes for lunch.

Scrollbearer

#19 2015-03-14 08:44:29

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Finished the second chapter of my workshop as well. It was only a small chapter, but still.

Scrollbearer

#20 2015-03-14 12:01:23

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Kenan wrote:

I got out of bed this morning :)

Sometimes, this is a really big accomplishment!

#21 2015-03-14 12:42:28

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

I organized the shelf in our garage!

I also bought a new black long sleeved shirt, because you can never have too many black shirts, and a pair of gray leggings to wear under skirts.

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

#22 2015-03-14 14:25:35

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I keep meaning to post here, but I've always been either busy doing things, or so tired from doing things that I didn't feel like writing anything.

So, today I have
- called best friend first thing in the morning to let her know the Makemakes won
- finished pruning a customer's garden
- cycled out to the farther-away garden centre and bought two houseplants, a bellflower for the balcony and three strawberry plants
- gone to a bookshop, because it was close by, and bought Jenny-Mai Nuyen's latest book (hopefully I can finish it before the reading on Friday - I got my boss to give me the afternoon off, so I can go her reading as well as Patrick Rothfuss's)
- bought groceries
- planted the bellflower and strawberries right after I came home
- made dinner

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#23 2015-03-15 01:33:59

Sahi
Mantis
Website

This morning I watered the seedlings and did a load of laundry. Now I'm loafing about until I go to the fabric market with my mom.

Scrollbearer

#24 2015-03-15 04:16:31

ylvs
Mantis

Yesterday I did a 9k run in Berlin and drank a few cocktails (one too many) at a party.

#25 2015-03-15 04:23:50

Magpie
Mantis
Website

So far today, I've
- made pizza dough for later
- washed yesterday's dishes
- cleaned the bathroom
- taken out the thrash

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

Board footer