Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-14 15:04:47

Magpie
Mantis
Website

The Signature Museum

This is something cyan and I talked about while I was staying with her - all those sigs that are lost and forgotten when we change them. So this thread is meant for all those sigs we can remember, or the ones we leave behind when we change them now.

Here are the three of mine that I can remember right now:

Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey.

I don't believe in midnight. Tomorrow starts at sunrise.

We Smarchers are like Dwarrows living in the city of Mezu'tua: There are only a few of us left. Most of the city is long-abandoned, but we gather here, by the light of the Shard, where it's a little warmer...
- Firsfron

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#2 2014-12-14 16:27:25

Genisis X
Pilgrim

Re: The Signature Museum

This is probably the best idea humanity has ever had. Better than agriculture and at least as good as vaccination.

*sagenod*

-X

I was going to do more things, but I'm staring uselessly at my computer again...
-Magpie

#3 2014-12-15 09:25:00

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Cool place!

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#4 2014-12-15 09:31:46

ylvs
Mantis

AbsoLUTEly!

But isn't it more at home in the Neighborhood?

Feels not entirely right here.

See how Auri influenced I am?

#5 2014-12-15 09:42:43

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I thought about putting it in the Neighbourhood, too, but wasn't sure. But if you think so too, then I'll move it there.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough

#6 2014-12-15 09:46:31

ylvs
Mantis

*listens*

Yep. This is it. It is happy here.

Hu. Where find old sigs? Certainly not in my brain. Old pms maybe?

#7 2014-12-15 09:48:56

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Maybe we should do a search for "sigged" and see which posts it could refer to.

Ylvs, you could just post the whole list of Qanuc proverbs.

- Tad

#8 2014-12-16 15:01:05

ylvs
Mantis

This was my last one:

Also: what if UN economic sanctions against the Nornfells failed to get them to close down their Nuclear Witnesses program? At least the Sithi could begin their own WMD (Witnesses of Mass Destruction) program to try to counter the Nornsies... - Firsfron of Ronchester

#9 2014-12-16 15:59:41

Genisis X
Pilgrim

Peter wrote:

Have we already considered that book 1 might just be an introduction to Sithi dentistry?

-X

I was going to do more things, but I'm staring uselessly at my computer again...
-Magpie

#10 2014-12-17 10:12:44

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

ylvs wrote:

This was my last one:

Also: what if UN economic sanctions against the Nornfells failed to get them to close down their Nuclear Witnesses program? At least the Sithi could begin their own WMD (Witnesses of Mass Destruction) program to try to counter the Nornsies... - Firsfron of Ronchester

*is honored to have an exhibit in the Museum*

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#11 2014-12-17 10:14:36

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Two, even.
*points at first post*

- Tad

#12 2014-12-17 10:16:05

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

I just noticed that myself. I suppose it's too late to edit my post so that I appear smarter? ;)

#13 2014-12-18 13:06:52

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

I did a reverse-Kenan. -Ad1tu

Which referred to me leaving my book at work so I couldn't read it on my way home and over the weekend.

Wouldn't the plural form of Olaf be Olaves? ;) - Firsfron of Ronchester

#14 2014-12-21 13:28:43

Magpie
Mantis
Website

"Save the Pope!"

- Tad

#15 2015-01-23 12:36:44

redNathalie
Pilgrim

What do we want? Cake! When do we want it? Cake!
~ Genisis X

Leaving this lovely sig here, because even though I am extremely fond of it, it makes me want cake every single time I post something. And I already want cake all the time. Seriously. All. The. Time.

Just attempting to be a little less constantly-starving here...

Author of the 888,888th Post

Oven though we're far apart, I'm still a huge fan! ~Firsfron
There was also a toast commercial that made me tear up.... ~Libra

#16 2015-01-23 12:48:35

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Funny you should mention getting hungry when you see that sig. It makes me hungry when I see it, too.

#17 2015-01-23 13:01:49

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Hm, maybe I should bake something.

- Tad

#18 2015-01-23 13:18:11

redNathalie
Pilgrim

*nods at Magpie* Yes. You should bake something. Many somethings. And then you should bring all the delicious baked somethings here, and share them with your starving Smarchfriends!

...o dear, this didn't work out at all. *stomach growls*

Author of the 888,888th Post

Oven though we're far apart, I'm still a huge fan! ~Firsfron
There was also a toast commercial that made me tear up.... ~Libra

#19 2015-01-26 20:57:27

Susan Queen of the Univ
Pilgrim

my last sig was:
Give me a pair of red pumps, and I can conquer the world.

my fav sig was something like:
"somebody once told me the world was macaroni.  i ain't the cotton tool in your head." -daughter #3 at age 6.

"I maked these."  -Gall Bladder

#20 2015-01-27 01:13:17

Magpie
Mantis
Website

Every person has 10 toes (well, most), and most have 2 eyes. So there's like 14 billion eyes, but 70 billion toes. The eyes have an impossible situation trying to keep track of all the toes, it's a losing battle. So it's not surprising that toes are going to get tread on, run over, and sometimes even smashed with intent.
- Kenan

- Tad

#21 2015-03-22 02:49:14

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

have you considered the poor people whose heads are on backwards and sideways? - firs

#22 2015-09-28 10:55:41

Kenan
Pilgrim
Website

Judicious application of wine is always called for! - Genisis X

#23 2015-09-28 11:47:59

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

The first volume in the new Osten Ard series will be titled The Witchwood Crown.
Peter: Have we already considered that book 1 might just be an introduction to Sithi dentistry?

#24 2015-10-22 00:07:35

ylvs
Mantis

*silently hopes for Tad to reply that the tone of the series will be B flat*
- Genisis X

#25 2015-12-28 07:06:28

ylvs
Mantis

"So those are your deviant sexual fantasies - tying someone up so you can read a book?“ Peter

Board footer