Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-09 10:35:46

jaylen
Pilgrim

Shadowheart - pages missing

Hi,

I've bought Shadowheart a while ago, but had not much time to read. So it happened that I now reached page 476. And all pages 477 to 508 are missing. It's not that those are ripped out. They are just not there (already produced this way) ;-) By the way, it's the english orbitbooks-version (bought in germany - but this shouldn't matter).

So I am now wondering what happens in those missing chapters 35 up to somewhere in 37 ;-) Or whether someone could give me the missing text (pdf-file or scan or something - if this is legal - might be as I bought the book).

I really like tad's books and I would read on without these chapters. But this somehow feels wrong as if I might miss something important :D

So thanks

Jay

#2 2012-09-09 12:21:38

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Re: Shadowheart - pages missing

you can either have the bookstore where you bought it replace the defective copy. or contact the publisher and they will. these binding errors do happen from time to time.

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#3 2012-09-09 16:18:28

Ad1tu
Pilgrim

Re: Shadowheart - pages missing

Ok, here's what happens: People go places.

>.>

But seriously, what Olaf said: The bookstore you bought it from should do an exchange with no problem. If not, contact the publisher.

If you should do what makes you happy, and no one can tell you what makes you happy, then that means no one can tell you what to do!

Tamishu's Ramblings

Board footer