Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-01-01 17:17:51

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

Re: Sahi's Greenhouse

Well.... I would so late spring, early summer would be the best... Last couple of years it gave the best weather and it's before everyone starts going on holiday!!

You are still going to Castlefest, right? (only because I just got the days off for both CF as folkwoods.... *silly grin*)

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#27 2012-01-02 00:37:05

Sahi
Mantis
Website

I wasn't sure yet, but if you're going, then I'm going! I did buy my FW tickets. (You have to buy them before the end of the month, as they become much more expensive then.)

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#28 2012-01-02 12:27:54

Magpie
Mantis
Website

For me, March to May are absolutely out. June, I don't have to work Saturdays any more, but I'm not sure if I can get additional days off yet... in early June, probably not, the later in the month, the easier it gets (although it also depends on the weather, so I can't say for sure.)

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough
Scrollbearer and offerer of some very useful opinions

#29 2012-01-03 03:53:25

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Well as all options are still open, we can pick any date we like.

And as for the weather, my idea is to rent a Scouting clubhouse, so bad weather would suck for not having a campfire, but we'd still be good to go.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#30 2012-01-03 03:54:25

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Oh, and it probably won't happen _this_ year, but if I want to do this next year, then I'll have to start thinking about it all this year, otherwise the nice clubhouses will all be fully booked.

Scrollbearer

#31 2012-02-03 02:29:41

Sahi
Mantis
Website

So who should we all invite?

Scrollbearer

#32 2012-03-26 11:55:39

Sahi
Mantis
Website

I was just brainstorming some more with xavie yesterday. I'll probably create a forum or something to get this organized and then send anyone I can think of an invitation to join us on that forum.

Scrollbearer

#33 2012-03-26 12:40:42

Magpie
Mantis
Website

You know, the thought of this is one of the things that motivate me to go to medieval dance even when I'm tired after work (still so long to wait until the next time... still another two weeks...) - and to actually try to remember some dances, and write down the steps. So if you really make your own festival, I can ask our dance master for the music, and if people want to dance, I'll have something to contribute.

Basically, I'm Prince Josua in jeans and sneakers, or a different flavor of Renie Sulaweyo.
- Tad

Master of Gardening, Mistress of Kingdom Plantae, Defender of the Seedlings, Guardian of Root and Bough

#34 2012-03-26 13:03:13

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Awesome!

Scrollbearer

#35 2012-03-26 13:26:31

Sahi
Mantis
Website

I've actually started making a list of all the people I could invite. :)

Scrollbearer

#36 2012-04-14 07:12:08

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Tried  to buy a second game of Fjord today, but I went to four stores and none of them had it. They did have a new version of Dixit, so I brought that home instead.

Scrollbearer

#37 2012-04-14 07:16:44

Sahi
Mantis
Website

And now I've ordered a copy of Fjord online.

Scrollbearer

#38 2012-04-14 09:37:09

Magpie
Mantis
Website

I should have brought Dixit with me when we visited my aunts and cousin last weekend, and I'm pretty sure I thought the same thing the last time we visited them. (I know very few people who like playing games, and their place is the only one where there are ever enough people).

- Tad

#39 2012-05-31 11:41:18

Sahi
Mantis
Website

I am soooo looking forward to organize Sage next year. Now to find some time to hunt for a location.

Scrollbearer

#40 2012-05-31 11:49:52

Magpie
Mantis
Website

It'll be so awesome if you really make it work!

- Tad

#41 2012-05-31 12:26:28

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Bah, if only people weren't so stupid. I don't think I'll be able to find a Scouting clubhouse that will rent to me, as other people's parties have screwed up.

Scrollbearer

#42 2012-06-02 08:04:52

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Hmm, Ivo told me there might be clubhouse we can hire, but we can't have a campfire there.

Scrollbearer

#43 2012-06-07 13:40:52

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Might try another clubhouse that does hire out to parties where the participants are over 30. Maybe if I sell it as a scout camp for non-scouts and tell them about my scouting background I can convince them. Cause they do have a campfire place.

And I'll probably create a doodle to rule out some dates this summer when people won't be able to make it. So if it all works out, I'll send out an email tomorrow.

Scrollbearer

#44 2012-06-08 02:13:41

Sahi
Mantis
Website

The doodle can be found here: http://www.doodle.com/5fseb579sidgtsrt

I haven't called the scouthouse yet, but if that doesn't work out, I'll just figure out something else.

Scrollbearer

#45 2012-06-08 02:31:08

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Decided I couldn't wait and created a forum as well: http://sage.punbb-hosting.com/admin_options.php

If you want to become a member just mail me your username and I'll add you. (Disabled normal registration to keep away spammers.)

Scrollbearer

#46 2012-06-10 11:59:49

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Hmm, strange. I know I already made a list of names of people I wanted to invite, but now I can't remember where I left it.

Scrollbearer

#47 2012-06-10 13:21:27

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

*grin*

Might be a good supplement for Castlefest next year!!.... although I was quite surprised to see that Omnia is at CF only one day this year!!

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#48 2012-06-11 10:45:57

Sahi
Mantis
Website

That is indeed surprising. *hadn't even looked at the schedule yet*

Scrollbearer

#49 2012-06-11 11:30:28

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Found my list again. Now looking for all mail addresses belonging to those persons.

Scrollbearer

#50 2012-06-30 12:32:58

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Oops, didn't pay close enough attention to my mail, so now the sage forum is gone again. Oh well, it didn't contain much to begin with. (Which is why they deleted it.)

Scrollbearer

Board footer