Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-15 15:09:06

strangeshe
Hierarch

Caliban's Hour

Now available for $6.99 or equivalent on the Kindle:

In the US at amazon.com

and

at amazon.co.uk

and

at amazon.de (Sprache: Englisch)

Deb says CALIBAN'S HOUR will also be available for the Nook soon.

#2 2011-08-15 19:32:20

ArcticSwan360
Pilgrim
Website

Re: Caliban's Hour

Was this ever published in North America in actual book form? The reason I ask is because I never saw it at stores, no matter how hard I looked. I'm ecstatic that I can finally read it on the cheap - before I most likely would've had to order it online, and because of shipping the expenses were too high for an investment.

Can anyone testify as to the quality of the format? It's quite common for ebooks to have fairly bad formats, some so bad as to be unreadable. I've had it were maps and glossaries were, for lack of a better term, broken. Unreadable, unusable. There are of course the good ones, having a good search function and being able to go right to the Table of Contents to easily, and quickly move to a chapter so you don't have to keep pressing right for an insanely long time like some ebooks require.

Since Tad almost always has glossaries and maps in his books, and because they are always so big, an excellent format is required. Hopefully they are, in that case.

http://thewritersguild.spaces.live.com/

I'd greatly appreciate comments on my blog.
It will be about reading, writing, gaming, movies, tv and more.
Thank You, and rember: Join Today! The Guild Needs You!

#3 2011-08-16 13:42:54

Seitherin
Mantis
Website

Re: Caliban's Hour

It was published in actual honest to goodness book form because I have a copy on the shelves somewhere. The book I've lost was Tailchaser's Song, but I found the Kindle version and downloaded it the other day so I can do a re-read. I read it so long ago I honestly don't remember much about it. Time to refresh the memory (after I finish the three books I'm reading right now.)

"The evil done by men of goodwill is the worst of all." Iain Pears, The Dream of Scipio

"Where all think alike, no one thinks very much." Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

So, I've got a blog . . . Now what? | A Stitch in Time | The Name Nook

Board footer