Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-30 11:50:22

KenM64
Pilgrim

A trifling thing...

I have read and enjoyed every Tad Williams book in the few years since I discovered him. So much so, this is the first of my many favourite authors that I have felt compelled to comment about on any message board. However, I'm afraid I have to register a mild disappointment at the ending of the Shadowmarch series.
I enjoyed the first three books in the series, although by the end of book three, i had pretty well sussed the major thrust of the ending. I'm sure plenty will disagree, but I felt the ending of the series was, by not far into the final book, pretty well telegraphed, and far too neat. The only surprise of note was a dead man appearing, instead of a different dead man. Okay, minor details I got wrong, like not guessing the correct god who was kidding everyone on, but in the main, I'd have got it 90% right if I'd been asked to guess at the end of book three, and the only details I'd have got wrong, were which minor characters died and which lived. Even the flood was obvious, and as such, my disappointment has compelled me to write this and hold myself up for no doubt severe public ridicule.
However, if Tad reads this, and takes any sort of note, I will bear the ridicule on the basis that his next books will return to the Cliffhangers which he has produced regularly uptil now. I love your books, Tad. Just not these ones.

Board footer