Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-19 15:52:46

Rook
Mantis
Website

The Dark Knight Rises

Well, it looks like we know a few new things about the upcoming Christopher Nolan.  First it will be called "The Dark Knight Rises."  Second, we have an idea of who the two villains might be.  Anne Hathaway has signed on for the role of Selina Kyle (the press releases don't say Catwoman, but c'mon; it's not like they advertised that fact that Aaron Eckhart was going to be Two-Face in the "Dark Knight" either... only Harvey Dent).  Also, Thomas Hardy has signed on for the role of Bane, a lesser known Batman villain created in the 1990's who broke Batman's back in the comics and was Poison Ivy's lackey in the "Batman & Robin" movie.

So how will this turn out?  Will Selina Kyle done the kitty cowl in the movie?  Will Bane dress up like a Mexican wrestler?  Is Christopher Nolan perhaps hiding another unannounced villain in the fringes?  Does the title imply that Batman has a hard time getting out of bed?

Find out next year, same bat time, same bat channel!

"Little rag doll.  Such a pretty face should be dressed in lace." --- The Four Seasons

Webcomic Overlook (Reviews) | Rooktopia! (Personal) | Till All Are Fun (Transformers)

#2 2011-01-19 18:28:12

PeterJW
Pilgrim

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Quite interesting Rook.  I also discussed this very same topic today with my co-workers.  It will also be the last Christopher Nolan Batman film.

#3 2011-01-20 23:49:00

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Does the title imply that Batman has a hard time getting out of bed?

LOL! Possibly. But some of these definitions of 'rise' made me laugh even more.

I've just been doing correspondence, which always feels like swabbing down the decks of a working battleship.  It's just going to need doing all over again tomorrow. -- His Tadliness

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Tad's writing more Osten Ard books! (Depiction courtesy Bandit/Associated Press)

#4 2011-02-02 11:34:11

Rook
Mantis
Website

In latest news, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is once AGAIN being mentioned for The Dark Knight Rises.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/joseph-g … ise,51216/

When he was first mentioned, most assumed he would probably be playing The Riddler.  Nolan quashed those rumors... but could that have been misdirection on his part?

Or... can he be playing Jean-Paul Valley, aka Azrael, aka iBatman v.2.0, since it IS confirmed that Bane's going to be in this, and Azrael was an important component of the Knightfall storyline?

Or... hope against all hopes... is it possible we'll finally have a Robin in the Nolan Bat-verse?  (Unpopular with a lot of Bat-purists, I'm sure, but ... I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a bit of a Robin fan.  When my in-laws fire up Lego Batman, I'm the guy who yells, "Dibs on Robin!"  Bahahahahah.)

"Little rag doll.  Such a pretty face should be dressed in lace." --- The Four Seasons

Webcomic Overlook (Reviews) | Rooktopia! (Personal) | Till All Are Fun (Transformers)

#5 2011-02-14 15:44:37

Rook
Mantis
Website

It looks like this movie is going to be pretty crowded with villains.  Marion Cotillard has signed on, and The Hollywood Reporter is guessing she's going to be Talia al-Ghul:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/m … Stories%29

#6 2011-02-22 16:10:54

Jendaiya
Pilgrim
Website

Hmmm... Interesting. I have to admit I have my doubts about Ms. Hathaway. She's lovely and should look good in the roll but I don't know enough about her dramatic credits to believe she can pull off the strength of Catwoman. I've mostly seen her in comedy, in which she is pretty cool.

And Joseph Gordan-Levitt? The guy can act, but I just can't find a roll that I like for him. Huh. Just have to wait and see.

Beauty will save the world.

~Prince Myshkin,

The Idiot, by Dostoevsky

#7 2011-02-24 08:37:28

emokideeyore
Pilgrim
Website

I think that Hathaway will make a wonderful Catwoman. If you've seen her in Get Smart, then you know slinky and butt kicking are no problem, for her acting chops then see Rachel Getting Married or Brokeback Mountain.

People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them Benjamin Franklin said it first.

-- David H. Comins

#8 2011-02-24 16:02:57

Jendaiya
Pilgrim
Website

Wow. I completely forgot about her appearances in Brokeback Mountain and Get Smart. Thanks for the remind. I think you are right, she might just turn out to be a good choice after all. Coolness.

Beauty will save the world.

~Prince Myshkin,

The Idiot, by Dostoevsky

Board footer