Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Shadowmarch
  •  » Shadowmarch Unabridged Audiobooks coming this November

#1 2010-07-04 08:25:21

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Shadowmarch Unabridged Audiobooks coming this November

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#2 2010-07-10 12:46:42

pixiejen
Pilgrim
Website

Re: Shadowmarch Unabridged Audiobooks coming this November

Oh my god now just get Otherland in there and everything will be perfect! 8)

"When the windows of perception are cleansed, man will see the universe as it truly is - infinite."

-W. Blake.

pixiejen.com

#3 2010-07-11 04:17:47

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Well, if the Shadowmarch audiobooks do well enough, Brilliance might be interested to do Tad's backlist. The majority of sales will most likely be direct downloads rather than physical sales. The books should be widely available through audible, itunes and similar services.

However, I will probably buy a physical edition to put on my shelf and then tranfer it on my ipod to listen to it on my commute.

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#4 2010-07-11 04:25:53

Libra-in-a-roundabout-way
Mantis

Want!!!! But prolly will have to wait for another year before I can get them....

Scrollbearer

Author of the 777,777th post

"Sorry about your crap day, wish you libra-level dreams. ;o)"
~ Kenan

#5 2010-07-12 16:02:53

SkurnTheNiffyRaven
Pilgrim
Website

will there be only the english version? because the otherland german audiobook was quite awesome, of course it reached not the level of the books, but anyway good, and so my sister who rejected to read those thousands of pages could also participate on the awesome otherland story ... the shadowmach books i read only in english and i think thats the best way to do, but anyway im curious if there will be again a german version?!

Dew rises, rain falls.
Between them is mist.
Between them lies all that is.

#6 2010-07-15 16:31:06

Miiru
Pilgrim
Website

Oooooh- marvelous! I do the bulk of my reading right now via audio, just because my work schedule makes it difficult to do otherwise (but very easy to listen to books). I will definitely be snagging these when they're finished. :D

Ted Kennedy in a speedo is just another sign of the coming apocalypse.
-wiked
"He who smelteth it delteth it O LORD."
-bandit

#7 2010-08-01 06:16:15

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#8 2010-08-26 11:49:03

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Audio veteran Dick Hill who has a lot of audiobooks under his belt and won many awards for his audio skill will be reading the Shadowmarch audiobooks. There are many samples on the above linked website from Brillance where you can get a short preview of what Shadowmarch will sound like.

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#9 2010-09-23 11:35:57

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#10 2010-10-14 13:03:51

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Now with a sample for SHADOWHEART as well:

http://www.brillianceaudio.com/library/ … ar1548.mp3

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#11 2010-10-25 12:45:17

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Amazon.de is already shipping copies of the mp3 versions. SHADOWMARCH arrived this weekend and SHADOWPLAY and SHADOWRISE should arrive tomorrow. I was somewhat sceptical about Dick Hill as performer because the sample clip on the Brilliance audio website did not convinve me that he was the right choice for the books. I found his performance in the sample much too melodramatic for my taste. But now I have started listening to the first bits of SHADOWMARCH. The "Brief History of Eion" and the "Prelude" and I must say that he reads them quite perfectly with suitable gravitas. I am very much looking forward now to listening to the rest.

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#12 2010-11-02 13:32:06

Olaf
Mantis
Website

As of today, Audible.com and Audible.de are offering downloads of the first three Shadowmarch audiobooks. Shadowheart will surely join the first three on Nov. 30th.

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#13 2011-01-05 09:33:47

Packfan
Pilgrim

I have bought all of the Shadowmarch audiobooks from Audible.com and am almost halfway through them.  I would love to get a lot more of his earlier works in audio as well.  PLEASE have the others done as well and keep us informed as to when they become available.  Thanks so much...

#14 2013-07-05 12:00:38

MrCairo
Pilgrim

Currently listening to Book 2 "Shadowplay", about 3/4 of the way and absolutely love it!

What comes across initially as a somewhat basic story, develops rather quickly into a fairly complex Fantasy work and adventure ;)

The main story-lines are pretty straightforward, but it's the History and Mythology of the Qar and the World and Lands of Shadowmarch that raises this adventure to the heights it deserves.

Very glad to be able to listen/read Mr. Williams' works and to be a fan these last 12 yrs! 

How the time flies!!!

Best Regards to All,

MrCairo

Btw - I've sent a request to both Audible and Brilliance Audio for his other amazing tale "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn" to be produced...promised them it would be a very profitable venture ;)

Would love to see/hear how Mr. Dick Hill would bring that amazing epic/story to life! 

Btw2 - Will have to dive into the Otherworld series after this me thinks ;)

"believe in what gods you may...but Trust in cold hard steel!"

#15 2013-07-05 12:30:34

ylvs
Mantis

Welcome back MrCairo!

Glad you like the audiobook and are immersed in Shadowmarch.
To me to be honest the audiobook was a great disappointment. I could not get used to the way Dick Hill narrated. Somehow to full of himself. I had the impression he was reading Briony as if he was mocking her. I was actually so annoyed that I stopped listening about three hours into Shadowmarch.
So although I heartily support the making of MST - the audiobook I'd prefer someone else reading it.
Jim Dale is best imho.

To meet an old friend is like the finding of a welcoming campfire in the dark. Qanuc saying
Scrollbearer
Titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Arsonist of the probably most spectacular Mint burning ever

• Index
  •  » Shadowmarch
  •  » Shadowmarch Unabridged Audiobooks coming this November

Board footer