Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-26 11:35:01

unomas
Pilgrim

Any news? :)

hi, i'm new here (this is my first post), and i can't wait to know more about the future Otherland MMORPG; any news about that (everithing about that in blogs are old news). 2011-12? :)....arggg, i cant wait ;).

#2 2010-04-26 11:56:11

Sahi
Mantis
Website

Re: Any news? :)

Nope, nothing as far as I know.

"Because it is scientifically impossible to have enough books." - Patrick Rothfuss

Scrollbearer
First member of the Shadowmarch Council of Sages, Official Quiller's Mint Historian
You may call me the Porcupine Lady, or if you are feeling generous the Erinaceous One.

#3 2010-04-26 23:43:52

Wolfshade
Pilgrim
Website

These things usually take longer than planned.  Originally they said 2010, so they still have quite a while to release it without being late, but I would expect to have heard more press if they were on schedule.  Fine with me if coming out later means coming out better.

"The rhythm is broken by continuous illumination, continuous darkness, or by decapitation." M.Morita and J.B.Best. The Journal of Experimental Zoology. 231: 273-282 (1984)

http://twitter.com/wolfshade
http://www.fullcastpodcast.com

#4 2010-04-27 13:10:57

unomas
Pilgrim

:( i suppose that in gaming world no news is bad news (i hope i am wrong)

i wish that more sooner than later somebody related with the development of the game (or mr. Williams himself :)) could say more about this great project. I just can't wait the day to play it.

#5 2010-06-01 02:48:57

ArcticSwan360
Pilgrim
Website

That's not necessarily true. However, with MMO-based games you need a great and trustworthy server. It could simply be that creating that aspect of it, something like BattleNet for example, is what makes the development process longer. Only time will tell for sure though, and I hope our patience pays off.

http://thewritersguild.spaces.live.com/

I'd greatly appreciate comments on my blog.
It will be about reading, writing, gaming, movies, tv and more.
Thank You, and rember: Join Today! The Guild Needs You!

Board footer