Tad Williams' Message Board

Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies -- 'God damn it, you've got to be kind.'
-    Kurt Vonnegut, 1922-2007

Welcome to the message board for tadwilliams.com. All comments are welcome, whether kudos or brickbats. However, please bear in mind that Tad would like this to be a friendly, civil message board, at least in the relations between users. We reserve the right to remove postings, or even ban postings, from anyone who crosses the boundary of reasonable taste. Basically, you can argue vigorously with someone, but watch your language, okay? We have a lot of young readers as well as grown-ups, so please show them some respect.

But the main requirement here is: have fun.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-06 14:05:19

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Paolini blurb for Odfarm

Deborah had already mentioned this on Twitter. Christoper Paolini has blurbed THE DRAGONS OF ORDINARY FARM:

"THE DRAGONS OF ORDINARY FARM is an exciting beginning to a new series. The plot is clever, the characters interesting and mysterious, and best of all, it has dragons! I can hardly wait for their next page-turning adventure."
— Christopher Paolini

http://harpercollins.com/books/97800615 … index.aspx

Last edited by Olaf (2009-04-06 14:18:24)

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#2 2009-04-06 14:39:15

strangeshe
Hierarch

Re: Paolini blurb for Odfarm

There's even more to that quote, too, that we're putting up on the Ordinary Farm page for the site (in development) -- well, just an extra sentence:

The Dragons of Ordinary Farm is an exciting beginning to a new series. The plot is clever, the characters interesting and mysterious, and best of all it has dragons! I¹ve long been a fan of Tad Williams, so I was delighted to learn that he and his wife, Deborah Beale, now have a book for young adults.
I can hardly wait for their next page-turning adventure.

Cool, eh? :)

#3 2009-04-08 13:48:53

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Yes!

Paolin certainly has good taste.

Scrollbearer

Writing books, especially long books, is a careful balance between laziness and masochism.
Tad Williams

#4 2015-01-31 05:35:40

Royal000
Banned

I just had to tell the American Book Centre that it had come out. Apparently they'd missed it, and hadn't ordered it yet. So now I have to wait for my copy. *pouts*

#5 2015-01-31 07:49:47

ylvs
Mantis

Welcome to the boards Royal000 !
Have a cookie.

To meet an old friend is like the finding of a welcoming campfire in the dark. Qanuc saying
Scrollbearer
Titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Arsonist of the probably most spectacular Mint burning ever

#6 2015-01-31 11:45:15

Aan`allein
Hierarch
Website

Unfortunately for spammer Royal000, I'd recognize Sahi's writing style anywhere, happen to know that there's no American Book Center in Pakistan, and am far too familiar with this tactic of posting duplicate content in order to appear legitimate before inserting the spam content at a later date.

*takes back the cookie and smites*

Mozilla developer comment of the however long it'll be this time:
<Mossop> run for the hills!
<Boriss> i can't, i'm at a local maximum!

Just Imagine...

#7 2015-01-31 15:36:18

Olaf
Mantis
Website

Clever devil.
But not clever enough for our mighty Aan.

Scrollbearer

Tad Williams

#8 2015-01-31 15:44:19

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

Indeed. Clever deduction, Aan!

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

#9 2015-02-01 00:06:40

ylvs
Mantis

Ok, I obviously overlooked the spamming - where was it Aan?

*hides in shame*

To meet an old friend is like the finding of a welcoming campfire in the dark. Qanuc saying
Scrollbearer
Titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Arsonist of the probably most spectacular Mint burning ever

#10 2015-02-01 00:13:18

Firsfron of Ronchester
Mantis
Website

He hadn't spammed yet, Ylvs. He was going to. So he re-posted something Sahi said long ago, and would add the spam in later. Clever, but not clever enough.

No shame. I've fallen for the exact same thing myself.

Scrollbearer, Keeper of the Firsfronicon, Message Board Poet Lariat and Guardian of the Wild Range.
Co-titan of fact-checking and priceless source of Osten-Ard-iana
Now-official Osten Ard consultant for Tad Williams

Ommu is horrifying; Akhenabi is f**king evil; Makho is Trump with a badass sword; Jijibo is the crackhead version of Towser.  And Saomeji is creepy. --Cyan

Board footer